Roger Ailes to Donald Trump: 'We resolve this now...or go to war'

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
Grab your popcorn, sit back and enjoy

Fox News chairman Roger Ailes woke up Monday morning thinking that his network and Donald Trump's campaign had reached an understanding.
After a weekend's worth of stressful phone calls, the tacit agreement -- he thought -- was that Trump would stop attacking Ailes' biggest television star, Megyn Kelly, in interviews and tweets.

Then came an ugly surprise. Trump said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" that he thought Kelly should apologize to him.

"This was the final straw for Roger," according to a source close to the situation.

Ailes' office called Trump's office. We "can resolve this now," Ailes said to Trump, "or we can go to war."

Roger Ailes to Donald Trump We resolve this now...or go to war - Aug. 12 2015

115-batshit-stupid-things-you-can-put-on-the-internet-in-as-fast-as-i-can-go-somebody-get-me-a-drink-1-638.jpg

Fox News chairman Roger Ailes woke up Monday morning thinking that his network and Donald Trump's campaign had reached an understanding.
After a weekend's worth of stressful phone calls, the tacit agreement -- he thought -- was that Trump would stop attacking Ailes' biggest television star, Megyn Kelly, in interviews and tweets.

Then came an ugly surprise. Trump said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" that he thought Kelly should apologize to him.

"This was the final straw for Roger," according to a source close to the situation.

Ailes' office called Trump's office. We "can resolve this now," Ailes said to Trump, "or we can go to war."

Yo, don`t worry about Republicans? You have enough problems in your Party!

"GTP"
democrats-charles-barkley-poor-people-154366367392.jpeg

You people are seriously demented. Kelly asked questions that needed to be asked. The reason Trump is going on the offensive is he doesn't have a good answer.
trump says things about women that in civilised times would have him shut out of the republican party. It isn't "Politically correct" to say incivil discourse is beyond the pale. Trump is the epitome of politically correct. He is rude, and tries to shut down legitamite debate. That is what the politically correct do - shut down what needs to be asked and being as rude and disgusting as possible
Kelly SHOULD make an apology to Trump and to FOX viewers.

Sounds like Fox News ratings must be down very badly. Mr. Ailes should apologize to Mr. Trump for the way his moderator targeted him. Threatening Donald Trump with "going to war" is a mistake. One would think he would have already learned this. It looks like things will only get worse for Fox News. I do not believe they will recover from this. They have only made their situation worse by denying any wrongdoing.

Pride is what is preventing Fox from making the apology. It is going to be their downfall. In fact, I believe the fall has already happened. I doubt they'll recover.

I just love rw internal civil wars :drool:

Delicious

Fox is standing by their malighned employee. Their emplyoee who only did their job.

When you people wake up from this horror, you will regret this

You people are seriously demented. Kelly asked questions that needed to be asked. The reason Trump is going on the offensive is he doesn't have a good answer.
trump says things about women that in civilised times would have him shut out of the republican party. It isn't "Politically correct" to say incivil discourse is beyond the pale. Trump is the epitome of politically correct. He is rude, and tries to shut down legitamite debate. That is what the politically correct do - shut down what needs to be asked and being as rude and disgusting as possible
Kelly SHOULD make an apology to Trump and to FOX viewers.
So lets make sure I have this right..... You are accusing Donald Trump of being Politically Correct?

Sounds like Fox News ratings must be down very badly. Mr. Ailes should apologize to Mr. Trump for the way his moderator targeted him. Threatening Donald Trump with "going to war" is a mistake. One would think he would have already learned this. It looks like things will only get worse for Fox News. I do not believe they will recover from this. They have only made their situation worse by denying any wrongdoing.

Yo, Mr. Trump has it covered!

"GTP"
obama-lying.jpg

NEWSFLASH DUM DUM!!! You people only have that one channel so you are going to have to kiss and make up.

Delicious

Get back to me when Val Jarrett is wearing Hillary's shrunken head on her belt

Delicious
Well you just stay in North Korea and sooner or later you will be in one.

NEWSFLASH DUM DUM!!! You people only have that one channel so you are going to have to kiss and make up.

Dot, I do not watch Fox News any more. What is this kiss and make up? I am not in a dispute with Meghan Kelly or Roger Ailes. I just see the handwriting on the wall here - their jobs might not be there in the future because of their pride and poor decisions in how they disrespected Trump and the Fox viewer audience. (or what was Fox viewer audience). They should have apologized - and on that note so should Rosie O'Donnell as she made personal attacks against Trump, his family, children on live television - very inappropriate.

Fox is standing by their malighned employee. Their emplyoee who only did their job.

When you people wake up from this horror, you will regret this

Did you watch the same debate others here watched? I tell you the truth someone will wake up and regret their actions but it won't be us. Meghan Kelly chose to target Donald Trump and the outcome is something she will have to accept as a consequence of wrong choices.

She was not doing her job. Had she been doing her job as moderator we would not be having this discussion now. Roger Ailes would not be in over his head with Donald Trump and Fox News would not be losing their viewers.

Lesson? Every action has a "reaction". This one? Not so good.

Forum List

Back