Romney and GOP in Panic After Unemployment drops to 7.8%

But the labor force participation rate GREW then with Reagan... that is not the case now.. it is 0.1% higher than the low of 63.6%, which last occurred DEC of 1981, as Reagan was getting things in place to start economic improvements
Were Boomers retiring during St Ronnie's regime?

Were previous generations retiring?? Yes... The fact is that during this "improvement" you libs claim, the LP Rate has dropped each and every month under Obamalama.. not grown... and it is because of the economic environment and jobs situation under this administration... boomers only retire under Obamalama enough to drop the rate 2 points?? They did not retire under Bush II? His drop was .7% and was pretty consistent until the last months of his 8 years...

And funny how the unemployment rate rose and fell in line with the LP rate under Bush II, yet during this 'improvement' it only continues to fall with Obamalama...

Quite simply, the employment situation is no better... When you look at the complete picture, not handpicked manipulated numbers
Were the other retiring generations as large as the Boomers? .... No.

And your own link shows the LPR started to fall in 2008 during the Bush Regime. 2008 was the first year Boomers could retire at age 62.

The GOP and their Job Truther minions will be here to let us all know how the numbers aren't right. They are really pissed off that more people are back to work.
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

There are 10,000 boomers turning 65 every day, many of them are retiring.

http://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/statcomps/ssi_asr/2011/ssi_asr11.pdf

Table 4.... There is not a huge jump in the rate of retirement compared to other times since 1977 (SS recipients)... 900K during Bush's 8 years, 600K during this Obama time

People did not just start retiring under Obamalama

According to the government, 873K found work, but only 114K jobs were created. If you do the math on the workforce, 114K jobs in fact couldn't account for a drop of .3%.

AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKING READ AND THEN RESPOND.

ALSO taken from catchers post.........

8.1 - .3 = 7.8

Smart Ass, yes I can be.

However, you tell me how many how baby boomer's retired.

How many employed Americans died?

How many public employees were let go?

How many got married and were able to quit work?

How many had babies and took a leave of absence?

How many members of the armed forces separated from AD?

How many workers were hurt on the job and went off on disability?

How many students quit work and went back to school?
Edit/Delete Message

A net of 759K (873-114) ... net? You're delusional.

And that doesn't even count the people who immigrated into the US, divorced women and mothers who want to re-enter the work force, kids who are entering the workforce ...

OR... I have an idea.. and this is a WHOPPER so hold on to your tin foils..

Nearly 600,000 of these employed individuals have accepted seasonal/part-time work. Know anyone in retail? Give them a call. I have a friend at Marshall's who hired seven people in one week last month..

Why did joblessness amongst teens go down, while the underemployment number stay the same?

These people are still classified as underemployed because they do not have full time work and seasonal hires are most likely to be minimum wage working teens, rather than pay older individuals more that may have prior retail experience...

Is everyone actually this dense? Employers do this every damn year because it is much cheaper than paying the staff they already have tons of overtime during busy holiday seasons.

Google "seasonal hiring up" and you get the answer you seek, muffin.

Were previous generations retiring?? Yes... The fact is that during this "improvement" you libs claim, the LP Rate has dropped each and every month under Obamalama.. not grown... and it is because of the economic environment and jobs situation under this administration... boomers only retire under Obamalama enough to drop the rate 2 points?? They did not retire under Bush II? His drop was .7% and was pretty consistent until the last months of his 8 years...

And funny how the unemployment rate rose and fell in line with the LP rate under Bush II, yet during this 'improvement' it only continues to fall with Obamalama...

Quite simply, the employment situation is no better... When you look at the complete picture, not handpicked manipulated numbers

Boomers just started turning 65 in 2011 so there probably weren't many retiring under Bush, job truther.
You can actually retire at age 62, and while most wait longer, enough of them did retire in 2008 to start the LPR on its downward trend.

Boomers just started turning 65 in 2011 so there probably weren't many retiring under Bush, job truther.

Posted SS retirement statistics... there is not a jump... there is an increase, but also in line with the population increase....

As stated, asshole, people did not just start retiring under Obamalama

Yes, only people who wear tin foil on their heads wouldn't trust what government tells them. Wow, have you met Ed? He's cynical of people who don't trust government too.

And notice also from the SS statistics, it is not huge jumps in people 65 or over... it is with persons under 18 and 18-65 increasing... and it is not statistically any different when compared to the population rate.... this retirement theory, based on nothing more than a want for an excuse, makes zero sense when looking at statistics....

It is the job and economic situation, not a retirement situation

AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKING READ AND THEN RESPOND.

ALSO taken from catchers post.........

8.1 - .3 = 7.8

Smart Ass, yes I can be.

However, you tell me how many how baby boomer's retired.

How many employed Americans died?

How many public employees were let go?

How many got married and were able to quit work?

How many had babies and took a leave of absence?

How many members of the armed forces separated from AD?

How many workers were hurt on the job and went off on disability?

How many students quit work and went back to school?
Edit/Delete Message

And that doesn't even count the people who immigrated into the US, divorced women and mothers who want to re-enter the work force, kids who are entering the workforce ...

Nearly 600,000 of these employed individuals have accepted seasonal/part-time work. Know anyone in retail? Give them a call. I have a friend at Marshall's who hired seven people in one week last month..

Why did joblessness amongst teens go down, while the underemployment number stay the same?

These people are still classified as underemployed because they do not have full time work and seasonal hires are most likely to be minimum wage working teens, rather than pay older individuals more that may have prior retail experience...

Is everyone actually this dense? Employers do this every damn year because it is much cheaper than paying the staff they already have tons of overtime during busy holiday seasons.

I dunno if you meant to do this lukelk but you plagiarized my post from another thread.. I called Gunslinger muffin.. lol..

Edit: With link so no one thinks I'm a liar...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/252103-bls-economists-obama-supporters.html

Last edited:

Table 4.... There is not a huge jump in the rate of retirement compared to other times since 1977 (SS recipients)... 900K during Bush's 8 years, 600K during this Obama time

Of course people didn't start retiring under Obama. Who is Obamalama? Using names like that makes people look like fools.

Boomers just started hitting their retirement age in the last few years which will continue to accelerate the number of retirees in the next 20 years.

Of course people didn't start under Obama. Who is Obamalama? Using names like that makes people look like fools.

Boomers just started hitting their retirement age in the last few years which will continue to accelerate the number of retirees in the next 20 years.

Statistics do not support your conclusion... the rates of 65+ are not out of line with the population increase.... matter of fact, they are in line with the 90's

You do know that your link is for SUPPLEMENTAL SECURITY INCOME, not Social Security, don't you?!!!

Try this link for SS awards:

Social Security award data

Posted SS retirement statistics... there is not a jump... there is an increase, but also in line with the population increase....

As stated, asshole, people did not just start retiring under Obamalama
No you posted Supplemental Security Income stats.

The only ones I see panicking are the left..

Like this news is going to change people minds that FINALLY after FOUR years under Obama unemployment dropped BELOW 8 FRIGGEN %

And don't look now, but it is the Holiday hiring season for PART time jobs

So, as to the charge of the Obama administration "Cooking the books", this is from an interview with the head of BLS:

Q. Is there any chance for the data to be doctored?

A. No. And we are not political appointees. In my program, there are 15 economists. I have been here for 15 years, some of my colleagues have been here for longer. We don't really talk politics at work, at least not any more than in any other workplace. I would say I wouldn't even really know which way my colleagues lean politically.

BLS Explains Why 'Cooked' Jobs Report Charge is 'Preposterous' - CNBC

I dunno if you meant to do this lukelk but you plagiarized my post from another thread.. I called Gunslinger muffin.. lol..

Edit: With link so no one thinks I'm a liar...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/252103-bls-economists-obama-supporters.html

Is Lulelk secretly Joe Biden? :D

Last edited:
The only ones I see panicking are the left..

Like this news is going to change people minds that FINALLY after FOUR years under Obama unemployment dropped BELOW 8 FRIGGEN %

And don't look now, but it is the Holiday hiring season for PART time jobs

Which is why the numbers are always seasonally adjusted.

Of course people didn't start under Obama. Who is Obamalama? Using names like that makes people look like fools.

Statistics do not support your conclusion... the rates of 65+ are not out of line with the population increase.... matter of fact, they are in line with the 90's

Look at Ed's link. There is about a 20% jump from just 4 years ago when looking at Sept 2008 compared to Sept 2012 amongst retired workers.

So, as to the charge of the Obama administration "Cooking the books", this is from an interview with the head of BLS:

Q. Is there any chance for the data to be doctored?

A. No. And we are not political appointees. In my program, there are 15 economists. I have been here for 15 years, some of my colleagues have been here for longer. We don't really talk politics at work, at least not any more than in any other workplace. I would say I wouldn't even really know which way my colleagues lean politically.

BLS Explains Why 'Cooked' Jobs Report Charge is 'Preposterous' - CNBC

And all the people in prison say they didn't do it.

Coincidences happen. A .3 drop all in one month regarding an issue key to Obama's reelection after a poor debate performance after 40 odd months of being above 8% ... why would anyone pause even for a second. Especially when this administration has been so transparent and all. :cool:

Forum List

Back