Romney "bullying" story false

The family of John Lauber is releasing a statement saying the portrayal of John is factually incorrect and we are aggrieved that he would be used to further a political agenda. There will be no more comments from the family,” she said.

Sister of Alleged Romney Bullying Target Starting to Dispute Parts of Washington Post Story | The Moderate Voice

Again, these sorts of things are nonsense and do nothing to tell us what the candidate will actually do in the White House.

It's embarrassing that people actually take this crap seriously... and incredibly disrespectful to a man who is no longer around to comment.

some friends and I once threw itchy balls at a deaf kid....I am a broken machine:doubt:

Has anyone other than WP and the media confirmed that Lauber was actually a homosexual?

This part of the story is really weird. If Lauber was gay which is in everyone's headlines and lead stories, shouldn't there be at least a couple of lovers out there?

What's missing from this story?

Only the media and the "story tellers" are claiming John was gay. I'd like some evidence of this claim everyone is making.

It doesn't matter if he was gay or not. What matters is Romney preceived him as gay and organized a mob to abuse him.

Would the story be less offensive if he were a straight guy who was a bit effeminate and had long hair?

and you know this...how?

Yup, that Romney is a mean ole Bully who hates minorities, old people, gays, and po folk. Oh, and he hates animals too.

Man, how can people buy into such absurd nonsense? Obama's record is dismal. And anyone with common sense knows that. His smears are so ridiculous. Romney should just have a good laugh and move on.

The family of John Lauber is releasing a statement saying the portrayal of John is factually incorrect and we are aggrieved that he would be used to further a political agenda. There will be no more comments from the family,” she said.

Sister of Alleged Romney Bullying Target Starting to Dispute Parts of Washington Post Story | The Moderate Voice

Again, these sorts of things are nonsense and do nothing to tell us what the candidate will actually do in the White House.

It's embarrassing that people actually take this crap seriously... and incredibly disrespectful to a man who is no longer around to comment.

What's disrespectful about telling a story of how a gay man was victimized by bullies?

What exactly is the disrespectful part?

The far right assholas losahs here act exactly like the losah assholahs of the far left trying to scoff at the swift boating.

Stupid pips everyone.

Last edited:
Romney would rather talk about the economy. Fine.

I'd also much rather talk about Romney's plan to cut his own taxes and pay for it by cutting Medicaid, foodstamps, and many other programs for the less fortunate.

Funny thing is, conservatives around here don't want to talk about that.

Mitt is not going to cut his own taxes. The dems in the senate will never permit. The end of the Bush tax cuts is a dead done deal in the lame duck Congress, regardless who the president-elect may be. The dems will not permit entitlement reform if not coupled to massive defense cuts. And romney will force the states to accept romney care with massive federal block grants.

How he might feel about the story has nothing to do with whether it happened. Not a single fact has come out to dispute what the five first hand witnesses said occurred.

then why didn't his surface when the victim was alive? Romney ran for the senate in 1994 and gov. in 2002.

Who knows? Perhaps because now, Mr. Etch-a-Sketch is playing in the big leagues, and is going to be under more scrutiny, just like every other presidential nominee.

Etch-a-sketch my ass. The new term is evolving.

Just keep the People dumbed-down. That's what it's all about for the corrupt MSM. Keep em squabbling about the little insignificant things. Make sure they don't concentrate on the big things that really matter. Romney a 'Bully?' What an awful joke our MSM has become.

Romney stated clearly that he did not recall the incident- but it having been so long ago {47 years} that he had pulled pranks and that he was sorry if he had harmed anyone.

Yeah......we need.....

....in the Oval Office.

handjob.gif

Harry, this can be Mitt's swift boat from which he can't recover.

He has to come out and get in front, be pro-active, apologetic and committed to fair play.

Michael Steele, whom gets on my nerves, is right on this. I don't even have to check George Will and Rich Lowry.

We got a dog-eating 10-year old to compete with this?

Romney said he didn't remember ever doing something like that, but instead of a total denial he apologized to anyone who may have been offended by anything he did while he was a kid. Course the left will take that as an admission, while I think it's simply a show of character the President doesn't have.

The way Obama usually handles something like this is say nothing and hope it goes away. If it doesn't go away, and his media doesn't cover for him enough, he comes out on primetime and starts lecturing us about our tone. I don't see Mitt trying to get on his high-horse like Obama always does. Perhaps one of the biggest knocks I have against Obama is his lack of humility. If he self-deprecates is seems staged.

Last edited:
Mitt is not going to cut his own taxes. The dems in the senate will never permit. The end of the Bush tax cuts is a dead done deal in the lame duck Congress, regardless who the president-elect may be. The dems will not permit entitlement reform if not coupled to massive defense cuts. And romney will force the states to accept romney care with massive federal block grants.

There won't be many of your Dems left in the Senate after 2012

Last edited:

What's disrespectful about telling a story of how a gay man was victimized by bullies?

What exactly is the disrespectful part?

I think his family had something to say about that....

Just keep the People dumbed-down. That's what it's all about for the corrupt MSM. Keep em squabbling about the little insignificant things. Make sure they don't concentrate on the big things that really matter. Romney a 'Bully?' What an awful joke our MSM has become.

and to think, when unemployment was under 6% in the run up to the 04 election, they could not get enough of bashing bush.....and if he heaven forfend, brought up a social issue, or 911, they beat the shit out of him....

and to think, when unemployment was under 6% in the run up to the 04 election, they could not get enough of bashing bush.....and if he heaven forfend, brought up a social issue, or 911, they beat the shit out of him....

Ah yes, remember when Kerry & Democrats whined about 4% Unemployment being a 'Depression?' Now Romney's a 'Bully.' Such absurd Bullshit. Same ole same ole i guess.

I figure Obama has done something when unemployment is back to 5%, gas prices are back under $2, and the debt is back down to around $10 trillion.

Until then Obama hasn't done a thing other than cause trouble.

"It is a good general principle that we ought not hold teenage wrongdoing against middle-aged people. Mitt Romney has run a business, run the Olympics, run a state, run for the Senate, and run for president. Surely we can and should judge him on his performance of those public duties.

But what if childhood conduct helps shed a light on adult behavior? Romney's teenage bullying hurts him because it is consonant with his adult record. Voters may well conclude: once a bully, always a bully; once a privileged abuser of power, always a privileged abuser of power.

If the Washington Post reports of his teenage behavior are true—and even Romney does not dispute them, except to disingenuously say he doesn't remember—what adult traits do those actions presage?

First, abuse of power. Romney was tall, handsome, and rich. But he was not athletic, at a time and a place when athleticism among young men was the coin of the realm. So he became a cheerleader. Like fellow cheerleaders George W. Bush and Rick Perry, he adopted a macho swagger, perhaps overcompensating for his lack of ability on the field. Maybe that's why he didn’t confront his nonconformist classmate alone but rather took the coward's path: assembling a posse in an episode one classmate described as like "Lord of the Flies."

827.gif

Romney said he didn't remember ever doing something like that, but instead of a total denial he apologized to anyone who may have been offended by anything he did while he was a kid. Course the left will take that as an admission, while I think it's simply a show of character the President doesn't have.

That is a start, just as I said he needed to do. He needs to keep doing it and showing his compassionate side.

Do not get into a "what about Obama?" argument.

People like Obama personally far more than Mitt right now, and if you keep comparing the two right now, Barak is going to look even better to the undecided.

Leave off the ideology, mud, and start thinking. You are a tool of the Left right now with your talking points. You are doing what they want.

That is a start, just as I said he needed to do. He needs to keep doing it and showing his compassionate side.

Do not get into a "what about Obama?" argument.

People like Obama personally far more than Mitt right now, and if you keep comparing the two right now, Barak is going to look even better to the undecided.

Leave off the ideology, mud, and start thinking. You are a tool of the Left right now with your talking points. You are doing what they want.

Figure the odds on NBC giving Mitt a full hour during primetime to "show his compassionate side".

But what if this is all there is to Mitt?

Guy, this is kind of what I've been saying about him all along. He's a rich guy with a sense of entitlement who doesn't think the rules apply to him. He can't connect with people becasue he's too busy looking down on them.

that is 99% of the jerks in Politics....

Forum List

Back