Romney "bullying" story false

The five associates, one a federal prosecutor, were. The family was not, and the family is ashamed (wrongfully) of the family member's (allleged) sexually.

Mitt has to get in front of the story, admit candidly his role, and promise to be the anti-bully and anti-hazing president.

Otherwise the dems are going to bully boat MR and make Kerry's swift boating look like nothing.
SNIP (Translation- I just handed Jake his ass, and he can't man up to it)

You are the type of guy the Mitts of the world have been bullying, so go wash dishes or something.

Except an election is when the bullied get to vote back.

You just admitted your boy is toxic on this one.

Swift-boating works when the person swift-boated misrepresented himself.

Romney is toast.

But what if this is all there is to Mitt?

Guy, this is kind of what I've been saying about him all along. He's a rich guy with a sense of entitlement who doesn't think the rules apply to him. He can't connect with people becasue he's too busy looking down on them.

that is 99% of the jerks in Politics....

Maybe.

But at least those guy know how to PRETEND they care.

Romney can't even fake it.

Romney would rather talk about the economy. Fine.

I'd also much rather talk about Romney's plan to cut his own taxes and pay for it by cutting Medicaid, foodstamps, and many other programs for the less fortunate.

Funny thing is, conservatives around here don't want to talk about that.

then come to California....the Democrats just did that out here.....but you dont hear the Left out here talking about that.....only if a Republican does it.....the Democrats have a legit reason to do it.....the Republicans are just heartless basterds if they do it...

Mitt is not going to cut his own taxes. The dems in the senate will never permit. The end of the Bush tax cuts is a dead done deal in the lame duck Congress, regardless who the president-elect may be. The dems will not permit entitlement reform if not coupled to massive defense cuts. And romney will force the states to accept romney care with massive federal block grants.

There won't be many of your Dems left in the Senate after 2012

Actually, I give the Democrats about even money of holding the Senate right now.

They will pick up Maine and maybe Indiana. They could pick up MA or NV as well.

The Republicans will probably pick up ND and maybe NE. But they need five more to gain control, and assuming they lose none of the above, they still need to pick off two more Democratic seats and there are only five other vulnerable seats-

FL, MO, MT, VA, and WI.

Worst case- the GOP Will have a 54-46 split. Best case, the Dems pick up a seat or two.

My guess it will be right down the middle, 50-50.

Guy, this is kind of what I've been saying about him all along. He's a rich guy with a sense of entitlement who doesn't think the rules apply to him. He can't connect with people becasue he's too busy looking down on them.

Maybe.

so pretending is ok?.....thats like saying its ok if the Democrats fuck you because they do it behind your back and if you dont see it.....who cares....

I think it's time we got an adult in the White House, Barry just doesn't seem grown up enough to handle anything. He's like a College kid squatting with the Occupy crowd. Everything's free if the government gives it to you, now he thinks he's holding the purse strings.

He's a Chicago Punk that believes he's entitled to anything he wants, he deserves it, he earned it and now he's going to show us how to spend it......he won.

Yeppers, time for adults to take over.

Romney said he didn't remember ever doing something like that, but instead of a total denial he apologized to anyone who may have been offended by anything he did while he was a kid. Course the left will take that as an admission, while I think it's simply a show of character the President doesn't have.

That is a start, just as I said he needed to do. He needs to keep doing it and showing his compassionate side.

Do not get into a "what about Obama?" argument.

People like Obama personally far more than Mitt right now, and if you keep comparing the two right now, Barak is going to look even better to the undecided.

Leave off the ideology, mud, and start thinking. You are a tool of the Left right now with your talking points. You are doing what they want.

yes I see Romney needs to 'show' his compassionate side...to bad he doesn't have the msm on speed dial...then again, I will wager the WH had zip to do wit this article, the msm is just pathologically predisposed to laud ( slobber) over anyone they 'like' and hate on anyone they don't.

Daum: Too brainy to be president?
Obama's intellect doesn't have much currency in the political climate of extreme partisanship and pandering to a very low common denominator.

snip-

As devotees of Barack Obama know all too well, qualities that made him so attractive as a candidate — an affinity for subtle arguments, a tendency to carefully weigh his options — have at times proved less useful in his role as president. That carefulness has been read as indecisiveness. The subtle arguments have sounded, to some ears, like hedging. In response, the president has simplified his rhetoric…

To many who were feverishly devoted to Obama’s candidacy four years ago, what was most exciting wasn’t just the idea that American voters could elect a black man. It was the idea that we could elect — and be represented by — someone who was unapologetically intellectual. But in the current political climate, intellectual can too often equal ineffectual. Thanks to a system that’s broken by partisanship and pandering to the lowest common denominator, being in politics — even being the president — may have less to do with holding your ground than holding your nose.

It’s hard not to come away from the Vanity Fair article without feeling, strangely enough, that the White House is holding Obama back. The gulf between the brilliant young man who wanted to change the world and the stymied president who can barely pass a piece of legislation, the cosmopolitan wearer of the sarong and the lock-step wearer of the flag pin, suggests he could have served the American people far more effectively if he weren’t bogged down being the leader of the free world.

Meghan Daum: Is Barack Obama too smart for our own good? - latimes.com

give me a friggin break, hes just to wonderful for us , oh and to brainy.....and to compassionate:rolleyes: you cannot buy nor effectively combat this type of BS.

The five associates, one a federal prosecutor, were. The family was not, and the family is ashamed (wrongfully) of the family member's (allleged) sexually.

Mitt has to get in front of the story, admit candidly his role, and promise to be the anti-bully and anti-hazing president.

Otherwise the dems are going to bully boat MR and make Kerry's swift boating look like nothing.

What if the media has a ton of stories like this, and are just waiting to dribble them out at the appropriate time?

I mean look at the timing on this one. Obama comes out for gay marriage. Romney, once again completely unable to stand up to the religious nutbags becuase they already don't trust him, not only comes out against Gay marriage but Civil unions (which, BTW, Dick Cheney and George W. Bush had no problem with.) And low and behold, the WaPo comes out with this story that Mitt bullied gay kids.

The thing is - that story was deeply researched. In other words, it was in the works quite some time before the day it was released - and then it was only released to the net, because the president made international news with his announcement. The WaPo story in print was then pushed back to the next day.

Romney said he didn't remember ever doing something like that, but instead of a total denial he apologized to anyone who may have been offended by anything he did while he was a kid. Course the left will take that as an admission, while I think it's simply a show of character the President doesn't have.

That is a start, just as I said he needed to do. He needs to keep doing it and showing his compassionate side.
He also needs to be examined for the early-onset of Alzheimers.

How is it the rest of his "crew" CLEARLY-remembers this event....and, he's having so-much-trouble remembering.

I'd say ol' Mitt's dealing with some organic-issues.....hardly the type of person who's prepared for dealing with the World (as it is).

Maybe he's not too-far-gone to start training with Lil' Dumbya....learning to pick-up dog shit....lessin' Lil' Dumbya's back on the sauce and gettin' a little-forgetful, himself.​

Last edited:

Maybe.

translation; I am to shallow think for myself, I need to be fed demonstrations of compassion......

Maybe.

translation; I am to shallow think for myself, I need to be fed demonstrations of compassion......

Guy, there's only one issue I care about in this election.

Crushing the Mormon.

That's it. Frankly, I don't really care how either of them would run the country becuase I can take care of myself, thanks.

No matter which one of them gets in, the system will pull them to the center.

What if the media has a ton of stories like this, and are just waiting to dribble them out at the appropriate time?

I mean look at the timing on this one. Obama comes out for gay marriage. Romney, once again completely unable to stand up to the religious nutbags becuase they already don't trust him, not only comes out against Gay marriage but Civil unions (which, BTW, Dick Cheney and George W. Bush had no problem with.) And low and behold, the WaPo comes out with this story that Mitt bullied gay kids.

The thing is - that story was deeply researched. In other words, it was in the works quite some time before the day it was released - and then it was only released to the net, because the president made international news with his announcement. The WaPo story in print was then pushed back to the next day.

I really think WaPo set him up. THey had this story in the can for months and dropped it at just the worst time.

Even Jake the Fake thinks Romney needs to wear a hairshirt over this bullying thing.

then why didn't his surface when the victim was alive? Romney ran for the senate in 1994 and gov. in 2002.

Who knows? Perhaps because now, Mr. Etch-a-Sketch is playing in the big leagues, and is going to be under more scrutiny, just like every other presidential nominee.

Etch-a-sketch my ass. The new term is evolving.

No, it's still Etch a Sketch. Pretty soon, you'll be able to Google it and see a picture of Romney.

Mitt Romney's Etch a Sketch, flippity floppity week - Seattle Religion & Culture | Examiner.com

On Friday Chase Bank revealed a stunning loss of billions of dollars as a result of risky trades in derivatives. A Romney spokesman tried to say the financial fiasco supported Romney's position for greater government oversight.

But Romney has called for repeal the Dodd-Frank law that tightened regulation of financial institutions. He advocates a "more reasonable approach." President Barack Obama helped guide Dodd-Frank measure into law in 2010.

Well, freakin ouch. That had to hurt.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUzEJiFpmsQ]Mitt Romney Flip Flop Collection - A Hilarious Video Compilation - YouTube[/ame]

MIchael Tomansky has a great article on how this story has not been debunked.

More on the (Not Actually Debunked) Bully Story - The Daily Beast

So, has it been debunked? Not that I can see. Two things have happened. One Post source, a fellow named White, was described in the original story as having “long been bothered” by the Lauber incident. Apparently, he didn’t know about that incident until the Post told him; he knew about Romney’s pranks more generally. The Post adjust the copy online and in later editions. Okay, that’s a factual error, but it isn’t one that has any direct bearing at all on whether the Lauber incident happened as the paper described. The second thing carries a little more weight.

It is that one of Lauber’s sisters has no memory of the incident. It is not that she denies it happened. She just didn’t know. She goes on to tell ABC that her brother was a very private person and that she was off at college.

Maybe.

Guy, there's only one issue I care about in this election.

Crushing the Mormon.

That's it. Frankly, I don't really care how either of them would run the country becuase I can take care of myself, thanks.

No matter which one of them gets in, the system will pull them to the center.

What.....the Teabaggin'-congressmen (and, their Gridlock Agenda) will be gettin' an early-out??!!!

:confused:

Whadda buncha fuck ups you two are becoming, Trajan and Mudwhistle. You two sound yada yada yada just like the Far Lefties who refused to accept the growing power of the swift boating assholes.

MR handles it right today, and he is past the power curve, leaving the people he bullied of the likes such as JoeB sprawled in the dirt.

You two hurt the candidacy terribly.

People like Obama more than Mitt personally, and if you appear on the side of bullying as you do and appear to be sidestepping by dumping on Obama as you are, then you hurt the GOP chance to regain the presidency.

Last edited:
Maybe.

so pretending is ok?.....thats like saying its ok if the Democrats fuck you because they do it behind your back and if you dont see it.....who cares....

Nope, not saying that at all... but reading comprehension seems to be one of your weak points.

what does that mean?.....they are telling me they care,i know they dont,but its ok.....there is nothing wrong with my reading comprehension Joe.....but there is plenty wrong with your comprehension period....

Forum List

Back