Romney Diminishes His Own Chances For Running in 2016!

PoliticalTorch

VIP Member
Jun 9, 2014
Romney got his bite of the apple

He will not run again

Why is any of this relevant? Has Romney announced he plans to run in 2016? No, nor will he. He understands that his many flaws are what caused him to lose twice before, mostly his reputation as a "flip-flopper" on social issues and government mandated health insurance.

Your thread title has nothing to do with what's in your post. Both articles you posted are articles commenting on why it's unlikely Romney will run again, but that doesn't relate to your thread title. It was misleading and false

Romney should be drafted if rich Hillary gets the dem nomination. Finances and being out of touch were two of the main gripes against romney. You can't use those unless you want the same charges held against Hildebeast

Romney may not be as conservative as I'd like, but he's right of center. I don't see how Rand Paul or Jeb Bush are any more conservative than Romney is. I don't see Ted Cruz performing well on a national stage

Last edited:
Why is any of this relevant? Has Romney announced he plans to run in 2016? No, nor will he. He understands that his many flaws are what caused him to lose twice before, mostly his reputation as a "flip-flopper" on social issues and government mandated health insurance.

True - most people couldn't back Romney because they had no idea what Romney really backed. He changed positions within 24 hours is some cases.

If I could get a handle on what he really supports, I'd consider him.

Please cite any time Romney changed his positions within 24 hrs.

This original post is clearly false as he posted absolutely nothing that Romney has done to preclude any chance in 2016.

Any conservative who wants to prop up the likes of Rand Paul while holding flip-flopping against Romney has their head in the sand. If Romney were a born-again Christian or Catholic rather than a Mormon he would have had stronger conservative support and the primary would have been significantly easier to get through

Last edited:
Who the fuck wants him to run again?

Please cite any time Romney changed his positions within 24 hrs.

This original post is clearly false as he posted absolutely nothing that Romney has done to preclude any chance in 2016.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVWo2VeCyLo]Mitt Romney Flip Flops TWICE in 24 Hours on Obamacare - YouTube[/ame]

Just one case
There are many

Any conservative who wants to prop up the likes of Rand Paul while holding flip-flopping against Romney has their head in the sand. If Romney were a born-again Christian or Catholic rather than a Mormon he would have had stronger conservative support and the primary would have been significantly easier to get through

Maybe - Romney WAS a world-class flip-flopper. That has been established beyond all doubt.

But maybe Christian conservatives could have overlooked that had he been a Christian????

I don't know - interesting idea.

THIS Christian moderate couldn't get past the flip flopping.

It was "anyone but Romney" throughout the Republican primaries, and he lost in the end. Why would he run again?

True - most people couldn't back Romney because they had no idea what Romney really backed. He changed positions within 24 hours is some cases.

Well you might consider him then since he fully supports the 1%! :lol:

I haven't found ANYTHING that he consistently supports.

So do Obama and Clinton, dumb ass.

Who the fuck wants him to run again?

MSNBC can't go a week without talking about Romney 2016. Fox has articles discussing Romney rumors frequently. The recent republican leader meeting Mitt held in Utah that was meant for introducing possible GOP 2016 presidential nominees to donors had a strong mood seeking Mitt to run again according to numerous reports. In the 6 years since Obama rose to power, the GOP hasn't seemed to be able to find their answer to who could clearly lead the party and as we gear up for 2016 there are many promising candidates but no one stands out significantly from the pack, however in some states Romney, who isn't even an option, polls significantly better than the likely 2016 contenders

Like Romney said though; the unavailable always seems the most attractive (paraphrasing)

Last edited:
Your thread title has nothing to do with what's in your post. Both articles you posted are articles commenting on why it's unlikely Romney will run again, but that doesn't relate to your thread title. It was misleading and false

Romney should be drafted if rich Hillary gets the dem nomination. Finances and being out of touch were two of the main gripes against romney. You can't use those unless you want the same charges held against Hildebeast

Romney may not be as conservative as I'd like, but he's right of center. I don't see how Rand Paul or Jeb Bush are any more conservative than Romney is. I don't see Ted Cruz performing well on a national stage
Both Romney and his wife have repeatedly said that he will not run again in 2016. That, in itself, is germane to the thread title which is entitled "Romney Diminishes His Own Chances For Running in 2016!" When you hear it directly from the horse's mouth that he will not be running, that, along with all the negative baggage he's carrying from previous tries, that DOES diminish his own chances for running now doesn't it.

Last edited:

Both Romney and his wife have repeatedly said that he will not run again in 2016. That, in itself, is germane to the thread title which is entitled "Romney Diminishes His Own Chances For Running in 2016!" When you hear it directly from the horse's mouth that he will not be running, that DOES diminish his own chances for running now doesn't it.

And what does that have to do with the links in your posts? It's like you took two different topics and merged them.

Your thread title leads one to believe they are entering a thread with new comments from Romney on 2016. But once you get in the thread, you just switch and post two articles discussing why Romney 2016 is unlikely

Your thread was misleading

Maybe - Romney WAS a world-class flip-flopper. That has been established beyond all doubt.

But maybe Christian conservatives could have overlooked that had he been a Christian????

I don't know - interesting idea.

THIS Christian moderate couldn't get past the flip flopping.

ALL politicians evolve to certain extents. Rubio has lost significant interest from the tea-party in the past 4 years. Christie as well. Read some of Rand Paul's changing views

All three of them are 2016 contenders and their fluctuating support (aside from Rand who stays consistently strong favor among conservatives) from the far-right crowd is an example of how as time has gone by their stances have shifted and led to a lack of enthusiasm for them among far-right conservatives

Of course no one wants a liberal leading the GOP. But Romney was not a liberal circa 2012. And he is the only politician hammered on changing views to such an extent. It's because he's a Mormon and not a traditional Christian

Forum List

Back