Romney Diminishes His Own Chances For Running in 2016!

Maybe - Romney WAS a world-class flip-flopper. That has been established beyond all doubt.

But maybe Christian conservatives could have overlooked that had he been a Christian????

I don't know - interesting idea.

THIS Christian moderate couldn't get past the flip flopping.

LDS are Christians.
In the Christian world, LDS/Mormons aren't really considered Christian b/c they don't believe in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.

W/O getting too much into the weeds, they got some pretty far out beliefs that just doesn't align w/Christianity, including baptizing the dead & travel to other planets to rule. Amongst other bogus things.
That's correct and the way I have heard it said time and time and again. I even know of cases where they tried to go and speak to people door-to-door about their sect and they were thrown out of the house in disgust by Christian families.

Any conservative who wants to prop up the likes of Rand Paul while holding flip-flopping against Romney has their head in the sand. If Romney were a born-again Christian or Catholic rather than a Mormon he would have had stronger conservative support and the primary would have been significantly easier to get through

Maybe - Romney WAS a world-class flip-flopper. That has been established beyond all doubt.

But maybe Christian conservatives could have overlooked that had he been a Christian????

I don't know - interesting idea.

THIS Christian moderate couldn't get past the flip flopping.
Kerry was a bigger flip flopper and the idiot left supported him full tilt. Obamashitforbrains has flipped and flopped a lot since being elected and the idiot left has still got their heads up his arse.

In the Christian world, LDS/Mormons aren't really considered Christian b/c they don't believe in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.

W/O getting too much into the weeds, they got some pretty far out beliefs that just doesn't align w/Christianity, including baptizing the dead & travel to other planets to rule. Amongst other bogus things.

please do some research and don't just believe bs people tell you.

I attended an LDS church for a few years, understand baptizing the dead (many religions pray for their ancestors), never heard talk of travel to other planets.

who the heck knows what he was talking about. But the fact that despite hundreds of years of existence and information available at our finger tips and hear the nonsense about Jesus Christ not being our Savior is just sad.

Maybe it's the same people who claim that we secretly worship the mysterious lizard people who live in tunnels under the Great Salt Lake or say we secretly have horns.

please do some research and don't just believe bs people tell you.

I attended an LDS church for a few years, understand baptizing the dead (many religions pray for their ancestors), never heard talk of travel to other planets.
From what I understand, that church deals with levels of knowledge, so the deeper you get into it and/or rise amongst the ranks the more exposed you get to their true and core beliefs.

The planet travel thing comes w/the multi-wife thing. They believe that when they die they'll have their own planet to replenish, like Adam. The men that is. All their earthly wives will be with them in that "heaven" and replenish that planet.

These are their beliefs...no kidding.

Aside from that, say they dropped that, which they haven't, the baptizing the dead is more than enough to counter basic Christian beliefs.

Check this out...

Note: Their main book is NOT the Bible. It's the Book of Mormon. Ask them and they'll tell you.

This is why the far RW religious fundamentalists couldn't accept Romney, his beliefs are just too kooky for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Romney said he wouldn't run. Democrats are recycling republicans to bash so his number came up. If Romney did run he would win. His campaign slogan could be "I was right about everything". In a week will it be Christie again or will it have cycled up Paul Ryan?

Democrats with few exceptions have already moved beyond Hillary.

Last edited:
I can't see Romney running a third time.

True, I will never understand the diseased Mormon Brain, but I just don't see a logic in it.

Romney got a pass because no one else wanted to be remembered in the history books as "The Racist Asshole who Ran against Obama".

The GOP will bring out all the guys who avoided running in 2012 this time because the think they have a reasonable chance.

Forum List

Back