Romney Diminishes His Own Chances For Running in 2016!

ALL politicians evolve to certain extents. Rubio has lost significant interest from the tea-party in the past 4 years. Christie as well. Read some of Rand Paul's changing views

All three of them are 2016 contenders and their fluctuating support (aside from Rand who stays consistently strong favor among conservatives) from the far-right crowd is an example of how as time has gone by their stances have shifted and led to a lack of enthusiasm for them among far-right conservatives

Of course no one wants a liberal leading the GOP. But Romney was not a liberal circa 2012. And he is the only politician hammered on changing views to such an extent. It's because he's a Mormon and not a traditional Christian

It's a matter of degree.

Romney flip-flopped on healthcare 4 times within a 24 hour period
He flip-flopped on abortion with a 24 hour period
He flip-flopped on winning Iowa within 24 hours
He also flip-flopped on immigration within 48 hours

Most politicians don't "evolve" that much that quickly. In fact I've NEVER seen another politician "evolve" that quickly. It sure looks like he'll just say whatever he thinks the listener wants to hear.

True - most people couldn't back Romney because they had no idea what Romney really backed. He changed positions within 24 hours is some cases.

If I could get a handle on what he really supports, I'd consider him.
Well you might consider him then since he fully supports the 1%! :lol:

I haven't found ANYTHING that he consistently supports.
Except the 1%, that is, the richest of the rich in America, that's what he fully supports and why he was rejected.

Look at the nonsense Rand Paul spews and how quick he is to double-back and change his view. NO ONE CALLS HIM OUT ON IT

“Remember Domino’s finally admitted they had bad crust? Think Republican party. Admit it, okay. Bad crust; we need a different kind of party.”

Rand Paul: GOP Needs to Be Like Domino?s and Admit We Have ?Bad Crust? | Mediaite

"I think that the Republican Party, in order to get bigger, will have to agree to disagree on social issues,"

So we've got Rand telling the GOP to back off of social issues and we need to re-brand to be successful

After all the moaning about Moderate Mitt, Rand Paul now leads in many GOP 2016 contender polls; the man saying to back off social issues. I am conservative but this is ridiculous that the conservative base is giving him a pass on what is a very moderate approach for the GOP to pursue and it has me at odds with many fellow conservatives

I don't even dislike Rand Paul. But this flip-flopping/moderate Romney nonsense looks so aggravatingly blown out of proportion when things like this happen; a guy urging for the GOP to back off social issues is seen as the best 2016 GOP contender, and no conservatives are freaking out about it after all the moderate-Mitt whining

I am conservative. I am against gay marriage. I'm against abortion. I am against progressive social trends seeking to reshape the understanding of gender identity. But I am at odds with fellow conservatives who seem to give passes on changing views for conservative politicians they like after crucifying Mitt over his changing stances

And again, I agree Mitt isn't the most conservative guy out there. But he isn't liberal. He's right of center

Last edited:
ALL politicians evolve to certain extents. Rubio has lost significant interest from the tea-party in the past 4 years. Christie as well. Read some of Rand Paul's changing views

All three of them are 2016 contenders and their fluctuating support (aside from Rand who stays consistently strong favor among conservatives) from the far-right crowd is an example of how as time has gone by their stances have shifted and led to a lack of enthusiasm for them among far-right conservatives

Of course no one wants a liberal leading the GOP. But Romney was not a liberal circa 2012. And he is the only politician hammered on changing views to such an extent. It's because he's a Mormon and not a traditional Christian

It's a matter of degree.

Most politicians don't "evolve" that much that quickly. In fact I've NEVER seen another politician "evolve" that quickly. It sure looks like he'll just say whatever he thinks the listener wants to hear.

Then obviously you have a far left bias in place that prevents you seeing such things..

After all the tough-guy cowboy-talk Perry was throwing around recently, he graciously welcomed and shook the hand of President Obama. No conservatives are turning on him
wpid-wp-1404956189864.jpeg

I love conservative values, but the conservative base can be so blindingly fickle

It's a matter of degree.

Then obviously you have a far left bias in place that prevents you seeing such things..

Then show me where others have flip-flopped that often and that quickly.

(But you might want to double check those election dates first)

I guess it's my "far-left" bias that has prompted to be to vote (in presidential elections) Republican five times, Libertarian two times, and Democratic two times.

You need a new song and dance - EVERYONE who can spot a liar isn't "far left"

Last edited:
True - most people couldn't back Romney because they had no idea what Romney really backed. He changed positions within 24 hours is some cases.

If I could get a handle on what he really supports, I'd consider him.
Well you might consider him then since he fully supports the 1%! :lol:

So do Obama and Clinton, dumb ass.
You're wrong on that, snot nose. The very fact that they are both Democrats means they put the Middle Class, the Elderly, Women, Minorities, the Poor, and others First. Not the 1% that Romney and Republicans embrace and hold so close to their heart and fully support all of the time.

Here are two great sources that dispel the notion that Romney would run for president again in 2016. The odds are clearly against him.

The following site was updated just Today.

Why the case for Mitt Romney 2016 is ludicrous | MSNBC

And this is from a Conservative website and Conservative thoughts about a Romney re-run in 2016. Not Likely is the verdict.

2016 Whispers: Time to Take a Third Look at Mitt Romney? - Daniel Doherty

Here's a clue for you: conservatives have never liked Romney. The Republican Establishment (RINOs) are the ones who selected Romney.

Look at the nonsense Rand Paul spews and how quick he is to double-back and change his view. NO ONE CALLS HIM OUT ON IT

“Remember Domino’s finally admitted they had bad crust? Think Republican party. Admit it, okay. Bad crust; we need a different kind of party.”

Rand Paul: GOP Needs to Be Like Domino?s and Admit We Have ?Bad Crust? | Mediaite

"I think that the Republican Party, in order to get bigger, will have to agree to disagree on social issues,"

So we've got Rand telling the GOP to back off of social issues and we need to re-brand to be successful

After all the moaning about Moderate Mitt, Rand Paul now leads in many GOP 2016 contender polls; the man saying to back off social issues. I am conservative but this is ridiculous that the conservative base is giving him a pass on what is a very moderate approach for the GOP to pursue and it has me at odds with many fellow conservatives

I don't even dislike Rand Paul. But this flip-flopping/moderate Romney nonsense looks so aggravatingly blown out of proportion when things like this happen; a guy urging for the GOP to back off social issues is seen as the best 2016 GOP contender, and no conservatives are freaking out about it after all the moderate-Mitt whining

I am conservative. I am against gay marriage. I'm against abortion. I am against progressive social trends seeking to reshape the understanding of gender identity. But I am at odds with fellow conservatives who seem to give passes on changing views for conservative politicians they like after crucifying Mitt over his changing stances

And again, I agree Mitt isn't the most conservative guy out there. But he isn't liberal. He's right of center

Ok - you've shown ONE position Paul advocated. Can you show when he advocated the opposite position. That's a position you appear to disagree with - but you haven't shown Paul flip-flopping on it.

I know he has - he threw that racist, welfare rancher under the bus in a heartbeat.

I've just never seen anyone do it as quickly and as often as Romney.

Last edited:
Your thread title has nothing to do with what's in your post. Both articles you posted are articles commenting on why it's unlikely Romney will run again, but that doesn't relate to your thread title. It was misleading and false

Romney should be drafted if rich Hillary gets the dem nomination. Finances and being out of touch were two of the main gripes against romney. You can't use those unless you want the same charges held against Hildebeast

Romney may not be as conservative as I'd like, but he's right of center. I don't see how Rand Paul or Jeb Bush are any more conservative than Romney is. I don't see Ted Cruz performing well on a national stage
Both Romney and his wife have repeatedly said that he will not run again in 2016. That, in itself, is germane to the thread title which is entitled "Romney Diminishes His Own Chances For Running in 2016!" When you hear it directly from the horse's mouth that he will not be running, that DOES diminish his own chances for running now doesn't it.

And what does that have to do with the links in your posts? It's like you took two different topics and merged them.

Your thread title leads one to believe they are entering a thread with new comments from Romney on 2016. But once you get in the thread, you just switch and post two articles discussing why Romney 2016 is unlikely

Your thread was misleading
You are Wrong! You were asking about the TITLE and the relationship there and I explained it to you. However, as for the links, if you want to obfuscate the related message such as to make it appear that Romney did not say he was running then that's your misfortune as they do show the relationship to the topic or subject at hand as being germane in showing that he, himself, has said multiple times that he is not running therefore, I don't see how much clearer that can get that he has diminished his own chances of running just by saying that. Good grief are you that daft, man? Go back and READ the Third Paragraph on the MSNBC site that was updated Just Today where he makes that declaration not once, not twice, but Multiple Times! When a potential candidate says something like that, the voters wean away from support for that potential candidate thereby diminishing his chances further. I mean, can't you even understand that? If he hadn't said that he wasn't running, and all of the other stuff they have on him such as about the 47% and his constant flip-flops, then it might be a different story but he knows he's toast and he's saying so in so many words. End of story.

It was "anyone but Romney" throughout the Republican primaries, and he lost in the end. Why would he run again?
Good question...

Do YOU want him to run again? Would you vote for him?

That ship has sailed with the American People. So good luck with that.

After all the tough-guy cowboy-talk Perry was throwing around recently, he graciously welcomed and shook the hand of President Obama. No conservatives are turning on him
wpid-wp-1404956189864.jpeg

I love conservative values, but the conservative base can be so blindingly fickle
So you wanted Perry to snub Obama or do another putting-a-boney-finger-in-his-face like that rabid RW governor of Arizona did?

Any conservative who wants to prop up the likes of Rand Paul while holding flip-flopping against Romney has their head in the sand. If Romney were a born-again Christian or Catholic rather than a Mormon he would have had stronger conservative support and the primary would have been significantly easier to get through

Maybe - Romney WAS a world-class flip-flopper. That has been established beyond all doubt.

But maybe Christian conservatives could have overlooked that had he been a Christian????

I don't know - interesting idea.

THIS Christian moderate couldn't get past the flip flopping.

LDS are Christians.

Any conservative who wants to prop up the likes of Rand Paul while holding flip-flopping against Romney has their head in the sand. If Romney were a born-again Christian or Catholic rather than a Mormon he would have had stronger conservative support and the primary would have been significantly easier to get through

Maybe - Romney WAS a world-class flip-flopper. That has been established beyond all doubt.

But maybe Christian conservatives could have overlooked that had he been a Christian????

LDS are Christians.
In the Christian world, LDS/Mormons aren't really considered Christian b/c they don't believe in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.

W/O getting too much into the weeds, they got some pretty far out beliefs that just doesn't align w/Christianity, including baptizing the dead & travel to other planets to rule. Amongst other bogus things.

LDS are Christians.
In the Christian world, LDS/Mormons aren't really considered Christian b/c they don't believe in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.

W/O getting too much into the weeds, they got some pretty far out beliefs that just doesn't align w/Christianity, including baptizing the dead & travel to other planets to rule. Amongst other bogus things.

please do some research and don't just believe bs people tell you.

LDS are Christians.

please do some research and don't just believe bs people tell you.

I attended an LDS church for a few years, understand baptizing the dead (many religions pray for their ancestors), never heard talk of travel to other planets.

Forum List

Back