🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Romney is done

Both parties are push polling for votes.

What do you mean by " push polling?" I don't understand the meaning of the term.

Here is an example of one of the more milder push polling questions:

"Do you support Governor Romney's plan to grant "permanent residency" to foreigners who have degrees instead of compelling companies to hire Americans with the same skills"

Romney's plan is to do just that:

Grant permanent residency to eligible graduates with advanced degrees in math, science, and engineering

Human Capital | Mitt Romney for President

You ask a question in a very leading way. I asked this question framing it as an Obama plan and many I know were against it until they found out that it was a Romney proposal.

What I remember is that I said back then, Romney would be an awful candidate because of exactly the reasons he's turning out to be a bad candidate. He was awful in the debates. He beat down the others because he and his Pac Sugar Daddies outspent them 10-1 because he was "electable".

Ain't looking so "electable" now, is he, Jakey. And now you are blaming the "far right" for his failures. The Far Right didn't make him blurt out that "47%" tirade.

And frankly, Romney is far more of a "weirdo" than Perry or Gingrich or Santorum were. I could sit down and have a beer with any of those guys and have as much agreement with them as disagreement.

Romney is a Weird Mormon Robot who doesn't even understand that some people work for a living.

Umm, actually . . . you are projecting your anxiety again. I remember how you kept freaking as Romney beat down one challenger after another. You were for all the weirdos before you were for Obama.

Yeah, Romney is better on state, just how much will be the question.

Romney is the better speaker in the debate format, so he should bump up. How far will be the question.

Delusional.

Romney could barely keep up with Newt and Santorum in the debates.

Obama will clean his clock.

Ummm . . . you were selling your ass every during the primaries trying to keep Romney because you were so afraid of him.

Your fear has not gone away.

It shouldn't if Romney does well in the debates and moves away from the far right.

What I remember is that I said back then, Romney would be an awful candidate because of exactly the reasons he's turning out to be a bad candidate. He was awful in the debates. He beat down the others because he and his Pac Sugar Daddies outspent them 10-1 because he was "electable".

Ain't looking so "electable" now, is he, Jakey. And now you are blaming the "far right" for his failures. The Far Right didn't make him blurt out that "47%" tirade.

And frankly, Romney is far more of a "weirdo" than Perry or Gingrich or Santorum were. I could sit down and have a beer with any of those guys and have as much agreement with them as disagreement.

Romney is a Weird Mormon Robot who doesn't even understand that some people work for a living.

Umm, actually . . . you are projecting your anxiety again. I remember how you kept freaking as Romney beat down one challenger after another. You were for all the weirdos before you were for Obama.

Yeah, Romney is better on state, just how much will be the question.

Delusional.

Romney is the better speaker in the debate format, so he should bump up. How far will be the question.

Delusional.

Only and Obama sycophant would make this suggestion.
Obama struggles in the absence of a teleprompter. That's a fact.

Funny, I seem to remember him holding his own and beating both Hillary Clinton AND John McCain in debates, both of whom are FAR better debaters than Romney is.

And he really couldn't go after them as viciously as he can go after Romney. Hillary was a woman and former first lady, McCain was a war hero.

Romney is just a weird Mormon Robot with hatred of working people. I just can't wait for Obama to go after him for that 47% comment.

Ummm . . . you were selling your ass every during the primaries trying to keep Romney because you were so afraid of him.

Your fear has not gone away.

It shouldn't if Romney does well in the debates and moves away from the far right.

It's too late for Romney to move away from the "Far Right". Those are the only people who are going to vote for him at this point.

Yes, I was afraid that Romney would be EXACTLY the kind of disaster for the GOP he's turning out to be.

However, I've become philosophical about it now. A Romney thrubbing will mean the GOP will finally stop running plutocrats and start getting right with working folks.

Romney will move to the center tomorrow night and for the rest of the campaign.

Can he make Ryan do the same? Maybe, Ryan gutted his Medicare reform in Ryan 3.0, so who knows?

Can he make Ryan do the same? Maybe, Ryan gutted his Medicare reform in Ryan 3.0, so who knows?

Guy, you can't "move to the center" with only 34 days left to election.

Not when you ALREADY have a reputation of "flip-flopping" and "etch-a-sketch".

The media will absolutely crucify him for that.

Ben Stein had a great column yesterday in teh Spectator... where he pointed out that here we are, five weeks from the election, and we STILL don't know who Mitt Romney is, really.

Do you support Obama's decision to "Stand with the Muslims" after the murder of Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens?

Do you support Obama's decision to "Stand with the Muslims" after the murder of Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens?

I wasn't aware "muslims" collectively killed Ambassador Stevens.

I wans't aware Muslims were a Hive-Mind.

Some Muslims tried to save the Ambassador's life. Others died or were wounded attempting to protect them.

And Muslims will still be fighting Al Qaeda after the last American comes home from that snakepit.

Why, Maple? I agree with much of what you write, but you won't believe that (1) Americans will not forgive the GOP for the Bush years and (2) Americans hate the far right more and distrust it more than they dislike and distrust Obama.

They will get over the Bush years, in fact, many of us are missing the Bush years. Less than 5.6% unemployment rate, $1,87 average cost of a gallon of gasoline. Those are the Bush years I miss, now most of my neighbors are unemployed, including myself, can't find a job anywhere. I am fortunate, my husband still is working, but it's been a nightmare for a very long time and I personally am due for a change and that change starts with a change in leadership of this country.

You should do stand-up :clap2: This is just the aftermath of the Bush II years of deregulation, and wars on credit cards.

Why, Maple? I agree with much of what you write, but you won't believe that (1) Americans will not forgive the GOP for the Bush years and (2) Americans hate the far right more and distrust it more than they dislike and distrust Obama.

They will get over the Bush years, in fact, many of us are missing the Bush years. Less than 5.6% unemployment rate, $1,87 average cost of a gallon of gasoline. Those are the Bush years I miss, now most of my neighbors are unemployed, including myself, can't find a job anywhere. I am fortunate, my husband still is working, but it's been a nightmare for a very long time and I personally am due for a change and that change starts with a change in leadership of this country.

WHy is it Obama's fault you can't find a job?

:lol: You sound as silly as CaliforniaGirl when you pontificate.

Of course he can move to the center tomorrow.

He would win the election hands down if he said he was going to suspend No Child Left Behind on his first day in office by executive order, for example.

Ben Stein had a great column yesterday in teh Spectator... where he pointed out that here we are, five weeks from the election, and we STILL don't know who Mitt Romney is, really.

You really think that there's a big constituency that cares about "No Child Left behind"?

Seriously?

Romney's big problem isn't where he stands on issues, it's that no one trusts him that much, because you never really know if he means it. He says one thing to crowds of working-class TEA Partiers, and another thing to rooms of rich douchebags.

Coming out with a whole new stack of positions to appeal to independents isn't going to change that.

:lol: You sound as silly as CaliforniaGirl when you pontificate.

Of course he can move to the center tomorrow.

He would win the election hands down if he said he was going to suspend No Child Left Behind on his first day in office by executive order, for example.

Delusional.

Funny, I seem to remember him holding his own and beating both Hillary Clinton AND John McCain in debates, both of whom are FAR better debaters than Romney is.

And he really couldn't go after them as viciously as he can go after Romney. Hillary was a woman and former first lady, McCain was a war hero.

Romney is just a weird Mormon Robot with hatred of working people. I just can't wait for Obama to go after him for that 47% comment.
That is what one refers to as an opinion. SO what?
Oh, you're base hatred toward the Mormon religion is well documented. Let's not relive it.
You "seem to remember"?....That's called "selective amnesia"...

Some Muslims tried to save the Ambassador's life. Others died or were wounded attempting to protect them.

And Muslims will still be fighting Al Qaeda after the last American comes home from that snakepit.

There's your mistake right there. Muslims are a hive mind. With the exception of very few rogues who are murdered themselves as soon as they stray, they all believe in the Koran.

There's your mistake right there. eXtreme conservatives/repubss are a hive mind. With the exception of very few rogues who are ostracized themselves as soon as they stray, they all believe in Ayn Rand.

Katzndogz is simply a hater.

christians have been killing each other all the time, cause there christians or because for whaver reason

I knew some Muslims in the service I would have trusted far more than Katz.

There's your mistake right there. Muslims are a hive mind. With the exception of very few rogues who are murdered themselves as soon as they stray, they all believe in the Koran.

That is what one refers to as an opinion. SO what?
Oh, you're base hatred toward the Mormon religion is well documented. Let's not relive it.
You "seem to remember"?....That's called "selective amnesia"...

Not at all.

You see, here's the thing.

Obama beat Hillary.
Obama beat McCain.

So that means he did better in the debates than they did.

Simple reasoning.

Or you are admitting debates don't really matter, and then Romney is toast, regardless.

Take your pick.

Forum List

Back