Romney/Pawlenty ticket in 2016, here's why...

Grover

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2014
If former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney runs for president in 2016 for the third time, and if he wins the nomination again, I think he'll pick former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, this time, as his vice presidential running mate and I'll tell you why:

Should Tim Pawlenty Be Considered Possible Running Mate Pick For Mitt Romney - ABC News

1. Romney likes loyalty
Romney is a guy that prides on loyalty. He wants a known quantity who won't overshadow him and will be loyal in the campaign and the presidency no matter what. Pawlenty is that guy. He's a loyal GOP soldier. I don't see Romney picking Sen. Ted Cruz, Govs. Scott Walker, Mike Pence, Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley. Romney picks people he knows who he can be comfortable with.

2. Pawlenty could help in the Midwest
Pawlenty was governor of Minnesota, a Democratic-leaning state. While Minnesota is probably not going to go to Romney, other states like Ohio, Wisconsin, and Iowa could see some Romney gains.

3. Pawlenty is more conservative than Romney
Pawlenty was one of the most conservative governors in Minnesota history. He cut taxes, government spending and refused the 2009 stimulus checks that the US Congress passed and President Obama signed.

4. Pawlenty has blue collar ties and Wall Street ties
Tim Pawlenty is now a lobbyist for the Financial Services Corporation, and has Wall Street ties. A Romney/Pawlenty ticket in 2016 could raise millions of dollars, but he has blue-collar appeal. He grew up in South St. Paul, a working class area, and rose up to be where he is today. He could help change Romney's corporate image.

Another disaster waiting to happen. Pawlenty wanted MN to be Saudi Arabia of ethanol...cant thank ya enough Tim. Just another moderate who talks good at elections and then creeps left afterwards

Pawlenty won't probably add Minnesota to the GOP ticket, but he could play well in the Midwest in 2016.

Pawlenty is another stinking big government RINO. And a has been as well.
What's next? Elect Jon Hunstman?

The 9 ways Mitt Romney has told us he won’t run for president — translated into three-word Mitt poems

Share via Email
Comments 4

By Jaime Fuller August 27

After the 2012 election, it didn't seem likely that Republicans would be clamoring for Mitt Romney to run for president again. He was never the perfect candidate, and everyone knew it. But as Obama's second term has pressed on, many conservatives and pundits have turned Romney into some political Nostradamus, who had been right about Syria, Russia, the economy and how Matthew McConaughey was never going to beat Bryan Cranston at the Emmys. (OK, the last one never happened -- as far as we know.)

imrs.php

Is Mitt Romney running in 2016? Yes! No. Maybe? (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin, File)
As a result, everyone and their brother has asked Romney whether he plans to run again. Unsurprisingly, he has said repeatedly that he is done with this crap (our words). And then he goes and does something like help Republicans campaign for the midterms (and you can add picking winning GOP primary candidates to the list of things Romney has been unerringly right about) or say that "circumstances can change," as he did when Hugh Hewitt asked him about running in 2016 on Tuesday.

Since Hillary Clinton has also refused to say "yes" -- for years and years and years -- when asked about a presidential run, it seems stupid to completely take Romney's word-salad denials at face value.

Below, we will rate some of Romney's responses to "will you run?" (some of them sound so similar, we didn't bother including them all) in the three-word poetic stylehe helped popularize ("Lemon.Wet. Good.").

[...]

My posture, and I’ve explained this many times, is that I’m not running, but I hope Paul will give it thought, and there are other good people in the party giving thought, getting things organized. I think you’ll see a very crowded debate in the first debate or two, and then hopefully narrow it down to someone who can express our vision to help the middle class in America and win in the general election.

The 9 ways Mitt Romney has told us he won 8217 t run for president 8212 translated into three-word Mitt poems - The Washington Post

Forum List

Back