Romney Says $360,000 Per Year Not Much Money

I would be surprised if more than 3 or 4 right wingers on this site make more than $50,000 a year. Very surprised.

Yuppers, he surely can relate to those who work hard just to BARELY make ends meet. To him those people have zero right to exist.

Why does it matter how much money he's made? Obama made more money last year. Big deal. Why the heck should that matter at all in this election?

As a middle class voter it TURNS MY STOMACH that all these polticians who are filthy rich are in control. That goes for both parties. I would like to see some department store greeter run for prez. That would get my interest. These rich slimeballs cannot and refuse to try and relate to the working class because frankly they've never had to work hard a day in their lives. Facts are facts. Income does matter to me.

Why does it matter how much money he's made? Obama made more money last year. Big deal. Why the heck should that matter at all in this election?

And paid taxes on it.

No one knows how much money Mitt made last year. Could be 5 million, could be 50 million.

All the morning news programs are showing his 15% tax rate and not making much from speaking engagements with rolled back eyes. Wait till the folks who earn the average in SC($32,000) get wind of this.

Face it.....the Republicans are about to nominate a:

michael-dukakis-tank.jpg

Bull-and-naked-cowboy-300x218.jpg

360k not much money? Must be nice.

How tone deaf are the GOP? Nominating a vulture corporate raider at a time when public opinion of Wall Street greed is at a fever pitch.

How tone deaf is Newt Gingrich thinking that Republicans will respond positively to his attacks on venture capitalism and capital gains taxes?

Newt Gingrich is the White Obama!

Have you seen the new campaign ad running in South Carolina?

easgna.jpg

These greedy bastards pay a lower tax rate than you do

wbp3c3.jpg

After she paid her taxes, this OWS protestor chick was flat broke!

f9jdzb.jpg

And so was this non-threatening black man. He had to go on food stamps!

2d96auf.jpg

"There is something fundamentally wrong with a rich guy paying less taxes than Andrew Jackson."

10oqnw2.jpg

I'm Barack Obama, and I approve this message!

Who pay's more if you make 5 million dollars and pay 15% or if you make 50,000 and pay 25% taxes?

25% is a higher rate than 15%.

Obviously

All the morning news programs are showing his 15% tax rate and not making much from speaking engagements with rolled back eyes. Wait till the folks who earn the average in SC($32,000) get wind of this.

Romney is a frigging liar, scam artist and a complete fake politically.

He is a loser and the GOP is going to nominate him so they dont take any heat from the coming economic catastrophe over thenext four years.

Face it.....the Republicans are about to nominate a:

michael-dukakis-tank.jpg

Bull-and-naked-cowboy-300x218.jpg

Well 350K for a couple of speeches for Mitt Romney is not a lot of money to HIM. To the average American it's a TON of money. That is why Mitt Romney has a real disconnect with the average American. He's never been an average income American and he admits that. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and he admits that also.

He's exactly right. That's how we got out of debt after WW2. All through the eight years of Eisenhower's terms anybody who earned more than $300,000 paid 91% of the excess in taxes. The Republicans borrowed the money now by god let their rich asses pay it back.

Neither political party has ever cut spending a goddam dime. The mistake the Republicans made was cutting tax rates and never cutting a dime of spending. At least the Democrats taxed enough to break even.

How about you pay 91%

No! Warren Buffet nailed it. The wealthy can pay more and never notice it. Since they or their offspring, or their offspring's offspring never have to travel 10,000 miles and put their ass on the line for wars of choice they should at least display their patriotism in some way......if they have any

Excuse me, but I've already been there and done that. Little place called Vietnam, thirteen months and seventeen days worth. Thanks for the combat pay, the memories, the flashbacks, the facefull of spit, the insults, and twenty years of neglect. Still say that I'm not a patriot, because I don't want my taxes raised? Or are liberals just mad that some of us made it anyway, and don't have to beg for a handout?

Romney 360.000.00 per year
Obama's in 2008
Mr. Obama and first lady Michelle Obama reported a taxable income in 2008 of $2,656,902.00 and this was lower than 2007 when they made 3.9 million.
Did Michelle say "$2,656,920 isn't much!"

The bitch about Mitt is he DID say that $360,000 isn't much.

And that's the point. Mitt has demonstrated over and over again that he has NO concept of what the American middle class struggle with finances really is. If Mitt asks you to place a $10,000 bet on something like 'what is the price of a gallon of milk', take it!

Romney says that corporations are people:

According to the Supreme Court he's right. That doesn't make it a popular stance. Actually verbalizing that stance in this climate then coming up with "Whose pockets?" is almost political malfeasance.

The money he made is the money he earned because someone is willing to pay him for whatever he is earning from them I suppose. But if he continues with this:

“What’s the effective rate I’ve been paying? It’s probably closer to the 15 percent rate than anything,” Romney, a GOP presidential candidate, said. “My last 10 years, I’ve — my income comes overwhelmingly from investments made in the past rather than ordinary income or rather than earned annual income. I got a little bit of income from my book, but I gave that all away. And then I get speaker’s fees from time to time, but not very much.”…
and that "not very much" is $360K....

Some in the GOP's far right may be tempted to stay home.

I'll go out on a limb here but I'll state that Mittens isn't what the TEA Party had in mind. Hows that working out for ya?

How about you pay 91%

No! Warren Buffet nailed it. The wealthy can pay more and never notice it. Since they or their offspring, or their offspring's offspring never have to travel 10,000 miles and put their ass on the line for wars of choice they should at least display their patriotism in some way......if they have any

Excuse me, but I've already been there and done that. Little place called Vietnam, thirteen months and seventeen days worth. Thanks for the combat pay, the memories, the flashbacks, the facefull of spit, the insults, and twenty years of neglect. Still say that I'm not a patriot, because I don't want my taxes raised? Or are liberals just mad that some of us made it anyway, and don't have to beg for a handout?

Why do you think your taxes will go up? Do you make in excess of 250k a year?

Yes, after a lifetime of hard work, I finally do. I'm retired, and now, some envious people want to take what I've rightfully earned away from me, and give it to someone they think "deserves it more". I think I deserve to enjoy my remaining years. Some people seem to think that those of us who have attained some level of success never served our country. Well, I did; I paid my dues, damn near died doing it, and I resent someone impugning my patriotism because I now make more money than he thinks I should. To top it off, the people who want to do that, belong to the same political faction as those who spat on me and called me a baby killer, and now, they want to talk about service and patriotism? How would YOU feel?

Last edited:

Yes.

I feel so sorry for you, that's so horrible. Look, maybe we can make baby feew better, how about a special ZERO percent tax rate JUST for you, so we don't hurt your poor wittle feeewings?

Yes.

I feel so sorry for you, that's so horrible. Look, maybe we can make baby feew better, how about a special ZERO percent tax rate JUST for you, so we don't hurt your poor wittle feeewings?

Go back and read the rest of what I posted above. I fought for this country, and Cammmpbell wants to question my patriotism because of how much money I make? THAT's what pisses me off! I didn't see him, or Obama, in any firefights! I'm unpatriotic, because I don't want to make a monetary contribution in the form of increased taxes to further the agenda of the same kind of Leftist loons who cursed me for wearing the uniform? THAT, is why the Left, ALL of it, can go to hell! Goddam hypocrites! All I owe the American Left, is a swift kick in the ass!

Go back and read the rest of what I posted above. I fought for this country, and Cammmpbell wants to question my patriotism because of how much money I make? THAT's what pisses me off! I didn't see him, or Obama, in any firefights! I'm unpatriotic, because I don't want to make a monetary contribution in the form of increased taxes to further the agenda of the same kind of Leftist loons who cursed me for wearing the uniform? THAT, is why the Left, ALL of it, can go to hell! Goddam hypocrites! All I owe the American Left, is a swift kick in the ass!

When did Obama curse at you for wearing a uniform?

And what about taxation by a representative government leads you to believe that you should not be taxed for anything you disagree with?

Oh, yeah, and fuck Cammmpbell for questioning you patriotism, and thanks for your service. I tried to neg rep him for you but it said I had to wait.

Yip.

His statement that a couple hundred thou a year in fees isn't big money definitely shows us how out of touch he is with the average American's life, doesn't it?

He dismisses $400,000 a year as though it was pocket change.

And still he thinks that the rich are put upon by having to pay taxes.

This is his LET THEM EAT CAKE moment, folks.

Romney is a clueless rich boy.

Forum List

Back