Romney's Bain Lie

dow_jones_industrial_average_during_the_obama_administration.png

Romney brags about his business success, but the vast majority of his money comes from technically legal, completely predatory and unethical business pillaging. He was very successful at leveraged buyouts -- not investing in new companies, but using borrowed money to buy established companies, strip them of resources, and quickly sell them for a profit. How can you make money off a company that fails, you might ask? It's simple -- have it borrow a lot of money and give it to you, take its pension money and any cash in the bank, then sell it or take it public, quickly before it goes bankrupt. If you sell when the economy is good, people will go for it, and you get rich. Sure, a lot of people lose their jobs, and other people lose their money, but you're rich!

The most famous example is an office supply company called American Pad and Paper. Romney and Bain Capital bought it from Mead Company, when it had total debts of $11 million. By the time they sold it, the company had $400 million in debt -- and Bain had earned $100 million off the deals, between fees it charged the company for managing it and for buying other companies, and profits from selling the company's stock after they took it public (for yet another fee). Bain was later sued by stockholders for fraud in overstating the value of the company.

Mitt Romney's Skeleton Closet -- political scandals, quotes and character

Hey snookums!

Your source links back to...your source!
Is that your blog?

No, not my blog. Too busy making money to have a blog.

Here are the sources, sweetheart....

Medicare Fraud Sources -- Back

Plenty of 'pitting' preceded Romney's profits, By Robert Gavin and Sacha Pfeiffer, the Boston Globe (reprinted in the Utah Deseret News), July 3 2007

Romney Supervised Medical Testing Company Guilty Of Massive Medicare Fraud, by Rick Ungar, Forbes Magazine, 1/21/2012

Romney profited on firm later tied to fraud, by Frank Phillips, Boston Globe, 10/10/2002 "Hunting Sources" -- Back

Links Snookums?
And don't start with the unsourced charts or I'll have...have to... :eusa_hand: I'll think of something! :D

Hey snookums!

Your source links back to...your source!
Is that your blog?

Plenty of 'pitting' preceded Romney's profits, By Robert Gavin and Sacha Pfeiffer, the Boston Globe (reprinted in the Utah Deseret News), July 3 2007

Romney Supervised Medical Testing Company Guilty Of Massive Medicare Fraud, by Rick Ungar, Forbes Magazine, 1/21/2012

Romney profited on firm later tied to fraud, by Frank Phillips, Boston Globe, 10/10/2002 "Hunting Sources" -- Back

Links Snookums?
And don't start with the unsourced charts or I'll have...have to... :eusa_hand: I'll think of something! :D

Romney Supervised Medical Testing Company Guilty Of Massive Medicare Fraud - Forbes

Links Snookums?

Romney Supervised Medical Testing Company Guilty Of Massive Medicare Fraud - Forbes

Thanks!
If he's found guilty then hang him high!

But we all remember what happened to Angelo, right?

Two other documents contain similar information, the Globe found. In his first year as governor of Massachusetts, in 2003, Romney disclosed to the State Ethics Commission that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002. Romney’s state financial disclosure forms indicate he earned at least $100,000 as a Bain “executive” in 2001 and 2002, separate from investment earnings.

Obama campaign accuses Mitt Romney of lying about Bain tenure - The Boston Globe

Last edited:
Mitt Romney’s campaign asked for a correction on Thursday’s Globe story, but did not dispute any facts in the article (file/The Boston Globe)

Obama campaign accuses Mitt Romney of lying about Bain tenure - The Boston Globe

The Romney campaign called such statements by the Obama team “reckless” and asked the Globe to print a correction, which it has declined to do.

No..............correcting actual facts and rewriting history is strictly the realm of FAUX Nooze and the GOP.

Links Snookums?

Thanks!
If he's found guilty then hang him high!

But we all remember what happened to Angelo, right?

The story of Romney's finances is just beginning.

Sankaty is the real nut. It's the one he tried to hide. ;)

Yet another issue Romney is on both sides of. So I guiess the excuse that the romtards are using is that Obgama used the same time machine we know he had because he forged his hawaii birth certificate to go back in time and forge mittens name on his company ownership records and foreign company records.

just another chunk in the huge pile of evuidence that romney is a liar, and that repubtarsds are all also liars. This won't hurt romney with his base as the truth means nothing to them, and it won't hurt romney with the dems because they already were voting for Obama. The only question is will this hurt romney with swing voters? I predict polls coming that show it will hurt him, and it won't hurt him, and that it will improve his standing.

Two other documents contain similar information, the Globe found. In his first year as governor of Massachusetts, in 2003, Romney disclosed to the State Ethics Commission that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002. Romney’s state financial disclosure forms indicate he earned at least $100,000 as a Bain “executive” in 2001 and 2002, separate from investment earnings.

This must be why Romney refuses to release 10 years of tax returns.

Forum List

Back