Romney's Bain Lie

Romney could put much of this to rest by releasing additional personal financial information, including the tax returns that would indicate his income from Bain Capital sources during that time.
There's nothing to "put to rest". What is clear is that morons like you have issues with reading comprehension.

Mitt Romney “retired from Bain Capital in 1999 … (and) has had no involvement in the management or investment activities of Bain Capital, or with any of its portfolio companies, since that time.”

So you're claiming he lied on SEC documents?

Bain described Romney in 2001 SEC filings as the "sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president." Another form stated that he owned 100 percent of the company in 2002 and received a six-figure salary from Bain in 2001 and 2002. His listed title: "Executive."

More: Mitt Romney's Own 2002 Testimony Undermines Bain Departure Claim

Bain 2001 SEC filings

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck - it's probably a duck.

:)

Romney could put much of this to rest by releasing additional personal financial information, including the tax returns that would indicate his income from Bain Capital sources during that time.
There's nothing to "put to rest". What is clear is that morons like you have issues with reading comprehension.

Mitt Romney “retired from Bain Capital in 1999 … (and) has had no involvement in the management or investment activities of Bain Capital, or with any of its portfolio companies, since that time.”

Or did he just lie to the Massachusetts Ballot Law Commission?

In Romney’s 2002 race for governor, he testified before the state Ballot Law Commission that his separation from Bain in 1999 had been a “leave of absence” and not a final departure.

He either lied then or he's lying now.

Of course, a change of position is nothing new for Mitt Flip Flop

I guess there's a 3rd possibility - its a giant SEC conspiracy.

No, not according to the SEC. What part of the SEC saying so itself confuses you?

:lol:
Reading is Fundamental - not just a program, but a good personal rule:

I'll put this in large print, like a first grade reader. Maybe it will sink in with a different format.

By DYLAN BYERS |
7/12/12 11:43 AM EDT

FactCheck.org is standing by their assessment that Mitt Romney did not actively manage Bain Capital after February 1999, despite today's Boston Globe report that he was CEO there until 2002.

"We see little new in the Globe piece. So far, nobody has shown that Romney was actually managing Bain — even part-time — during his time at the Olympics, or that he was anything but a passive, absentee owner during that time, as both Romney and Bain have long said," Brooks Jackson, a co-author of the FactCheck piece, told POLITICO today.

FactCheck.org

(It's on my clipboard, so when dealing with a retard, repetition is apparently required.)

You're bordering on spam Si....and you didn't address my post where in the same article above, factcheck says it isn't written in stone....

Factcheck.org must be telling the truth, because they also say Clinton balanced the budget THREE years in a row.

Why don't you point out exactly what they got wrong?

What exactly did the Boston Globe story get wrong? Was Romney identified as the CEO and single owner of Bain placed on SEC filings from 1999 to 2002? Were five different corporations set up, that were owned by Bain, which had Mitt's signature?

Factcheck.org must be telling the truth, because they also say Clinton balanced the budget THREE years in a row.

What exactly did the Boston Globe story get wrong? Was Romney identified as the CEO and single owner of Bain placed on SEC filings from 1999 to 2002? Were five different corporations set up, that were owned by Bain, which had Mitt's signature?

All of it. No. No.

Learn how to read an SEC report.

[COLOR="Blue[COLOR="blue"]"]They got it wrong when they intimated it was a corporation. They were investment accounts. Retirement accounts. Bain didn't have a thing to do with them. They were personal accounts[/COLOR][/COLOR].

J.W. Verrett, an attorney and economics scholar at George Washington University's Mercatus Center, also told Fox News that the original Globe report appeared to "be confused" about the SEC filings.

He noted they refer to "Bain Capital VI," which he described as an investment separate from Bain Capital itself.

"Saying that Governor Romney was the CEO of Bain Capital VI is like saying that I am the CEO of my retirement account ... it's a silly bit of legalese and it doesn't also mean I am CEO of all the companies in which I invest," he said in an email.

If Obama sincerely thinks Romney committed a felony, he has an obligation to have the DOJ press charges. We'll be waiting to see if he does just that.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ey-demands-apology-over-felony/#ixzz20UYFNvsJ

Last edited:

[COLOR="Blue[COLOR="blue"]"]They got it wrong when they intimated it was a corporation. They were investment accounts. Retirement accounts. Bain didn't have a thing to do with them. They were personal accounts[/COLOR][/COLOR].

J.W. Verrett, an attorney and economics scholar at George Washington University's Mercatus Center, also told Fox News that the original Globe report appeared to "be confused" about the SEC filings.

He noted they refer to "Bain Capital VI," which he described as an investment separate from Bain Capital itself.

"Saying that Governor Romney was the CEO of Bain Capital VI is like saying that I am the CEO of my retirement account ... it's a silly bit of legalese and it doesn't also mean I am CEO of all the companies in which I invest," he said in an email.

If Obama sincerely thinks Romney committed a felony, he has an obligation to have the DOJ press charges. We'll be waiting to see if he does just that.
Read more: Presidential rivals trade charges of lying, Romney demands apology over 'felony' remark | Fox News

Define "not a thing"

Or did he just lie to the Massachusetts Ballot Law Commission?

In Romney’s 2002 race for governor, he testified before the state Ballot Law Commission that his separation from Bain in 1999 had been a “leave of absence” and not a final departure.

Romney wants both things to be true. And he wants to distance himself from what Bain did while "he wasn't there" though still total owner, ceo and president. It's gonna be tough.

in documents from July 2000 and February 2001

Romney listed his “principal occupation”

as “Managing Director” of Bain
I'll put this in large print, like a first grade reader. Maybe it will sink in with a different format.
By DYLAN BYERS |
7/12/12 11:43 AM EDT

FactCheck.org is standing by their assessment that Mitt Romney did not actively manage Bain Capital after February 1999, despite today's Boston Globe report that he was CEO there until 2002.

"We see little new in the Globe piece. So far, nobody has shown that Romney was actually managing Bain — even part-time — during his time at the Olympics, or that he was anything but a passive, absentee owner during that time, as both Romney and Bain have long said," Brooks Jackson, a co-author of the FactCheck piece, told POLITICO today.
FactCheck.org

(It's on my clipboard, so when dealing with a retard, repetition is apparently required, again.)

Fork properly inserted to test for done-ness.

Not really. Mittens has so stepped into it on this one, it isn't funny.

It brings up questions about his basic honesty. (Not that there should be any questions about Romney's honesty... he doesn't have any.)

Obama graduated from Harvard Law and went back home to help poor people.

Romney graduated from Harvard Law and looted American companies and shipped their jobs overseas.

Which one really cares about America?

Mitt knows how to create jobs. Obama knows how to spread the wealth.

With employment at multi-decades lows, I'll take the job creator.

Romney graduated from Harvard Law and looted American companies and shipped their jobs overseas.

Like you really care about jobs...

Or America.

Go back to Canada.

I'll be an American soon, Joe Ampad.

And yes, I care about jobs and this country. I've done well under Obama, thankyouverymuch, so if he wins, my life won't change much, unlike you, whom we might read about going postal in downtown Chicago if Romney wins.

Romney left Bain in 99. I know that haters such as yourself will do and say anything, but if you don't have your head up your ass, you know Romney stopped working there. Being an owner does not mean being actively involved.

Or America.

Go back to Canada.

I'll be an American soon, Joe Ampad.

And yes, I care about jobs and this country. I've done well under Obama, thankyouverymuch, so if he wins, my life won't change much, unlike you, whom we might read about going postal in downtown Chicago if Romney wins.

Romney left Bain in 99. I know that haters such as yourself will do and say anything, but if you don't have your head up your ass, you know Romney stopped working there. Being an owner does not mean being actively involved.

Or America.

Go back to Canada.

Congratulations on becoming an American! :clap2:

Forum List

Back