Romney's Bain Lie

I just caught a CBS playback of an interview with Mitten's saying with a straight face that he had nothing to do with Bain during the years he was off with the Olympics.

Hmmm, so the businessman who claims he knows how to get America back to work was THREE YEARS totally ignorant as to the workings of the company that he created AND WAS STILL CEO OF?

Give me a fucking break, will ya please?

That is because he was on a leave of absence from Bain during that time does no one know what a leave of absence is.

Romney-Obama-28-6-12-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

By Benjy Sarlin

President Obama said Friday that Mitt Romney deserves to be held accountable for his work at Bain Capital during a leave of absence, and that issues surrounding the timing of his exit raise “legitimate questions.”

“It’s pretty clear to me that I’m responsible for folks who are working in the federal government and you know, Harry Truman said the buck stops with you,” Obama said in an interview with TV station WJLA.

Obama noted that Romney, despite insisting he had no input into Bain’s operations after 1999 while on leave to run the Olympics, was listed in numerous SEC filings as the firm’s top officer.

“Now, my understanding is that Mr. Romney attested to the SEC, multiple times, that he was the chairman, CEO and president of Bain Capital, and I think most Americans figure if you are the chairman, CEO and president of a company that you are responsible for what that company does,” Obama said.

“Ultimately Mr. Romney, I think, is going to have to answer those questions, because if he aspires to being president, one of the things you learn is, you are ultimately responsible for the conduct of your operations, but again that’s probably a question that he’s going to have to answer and I think that’s a legitimate part of the campaign,” Obama said.

More: Obama To Romney On Bain: ‘The Buck Stops With You’ | TPM2012

Help? Good question; don't know what kind of authority he would have if something he didn't approve of was going on.

Matter? Plenty, if he cares about how it looks to the voting public what his company was doing in his name. And if he was still named as sole stockholder, would what they did in his absense not be considered done in his name?

If not during his leave of absense, then at some later point he either had to know what Bain - his company - was doing to make the big bucks. If he really didn't know...well, that doesn't look too good for him, either.

That's the point the guy I quoted was making.

They are not doing anything in his name because he had surrendered day to day work there, and was working on the Olympics, that's why his name is not in any of the portfolio management docs..did you read the link?

So he didn't know what the company he was named sole stockholder was doing. Can't see how you'd say that doesn't matter, nor can I see how it wouldn't look less-than-good to others out there.

it only "wouldn't look less-than-good " to anyone who willfully surrenders simple logic, the plenitude of even acknowledged left of center sources finding zip and sppting Romneys account, impugn the proffered argument.

one more time for those that have not read the proffered link, completely, a tidbit;

Let’s also not forget that Massachusetts Democrats tried to keep Romney off the ballot in the 2002 governor’s race on the grounds that he had been living and working in Utah, even paying taxes there, and thus had failed to meet the requirement to have lived seven consecutive years in Massachusetts. The effort failed, but not after Democrats waged an expensive, months’ long battle to prove he worked so much on the Olympics that he was in effect a citizen of Utah. (More on this below.)

Do Bain SEC documents suggest Mitt Romney is a criminal? - The Washington Post

link to bolded text;

Dems Challenge Romney on Residence

I just caught a CBS playback of an interview with Mitten's saying with a straight face that he had nothing to do with Bain during the years he was off with the Olympics.

Hmmm, so the businessman who claims he knows how to get America back to work was THREE YEARS totally ignorant as to the workings of the company that he created AND WAS STILL CEO OF?

Give me a fucking break, will ya please?

He was on a leave of absence to run the Olympics and other executives were handling the day-to-day business...

GST Steel...KB Toys...........BFD! :lol: Newsflash: Capitalists capitalize!

You guys are playing right into Mitt's hand, you realize...?

By Benjy Sarlin

President Obama said Friday that Mitt Romney deserves to be held accountable for his work at Bain Capital during a leave of absence, and that issues surrounding the timing of his exit raise “legitimate questions.”

“It’s pretty clear to me that I’m responsible for folks who are working in the federal government and you know, Harry Truman said the buck stops with you,” Obama said in an interview with TV station WJLA.

Obama noted that Romney, despite insisting he had no input into Bain’s operations after 1999 while on leave to run the Olympics, was listed in numerous SEC filings as the firm’s top officer.

“Now, my understanding is that Mr. Romney attested to the SEC, multiple times, that he was the chairman, CEO and president of Bain Capital, and I think most Americans figure if you are the chairman, CEO and president of a company that you are responsible for what that company does,” Obama said.

“Ultimately Mr. Romney, I think, is going to have to answer those questions, because if he aspires to being president, one of the things you learn is, you are ultimately responsible for the conduct of your operations, but again that’s probably a question that he’s going to have to answer and I think that’s a legitimate part of the campaign,” Obama said.

How dare President Obama say something SO reasonable!

By Benjy Sarlin

How dare President Obama say something SO reasonable!
The man who cannot take responsibility for a THING, quotes Truman about the buck??????

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Romney was 100% stakeholder in 11 Bain companies later than 1999

r-SIGNATURE-large570.jpg

Mitt Romney’s Shifting Bain Story | Politicker

Another Globe article published in 2002 contains a quote from a former Bain Capital executive named Marc B. Wolpow who said Mr. Romney remained in a very active role at Bain Capital while he was supposedly on a leave of absence for his Senate race.

“I reported directly to Mitt Romney . . . You can’t be CEO of Bain Capital and say, `I really don’t know what my guys were doing,’” Mr. Wolpow said of Mr. Romney role at the company during his leave.

DOCUMENTS: Footnotes in Romney filings show he was active at Bain long after 1999

It is what it is. Romney tells the truth half the time. He always has. That's why I agree with him half the time.

Romney-Two-Face1.jpg

By Benjy Sarlin

Seriously? How fucking gauche. Obama wastes taxpayer money by the billions...and has the audacity to preach Truman? Really?

S0N? YOU and your article link are utterly ridiculous.:eusa_hand:

Now even some Republican leaders are telling Romney to release his tax returns.

:thup:

There are always those. :rolleyes: Will say the Democrats are better at not undermining each other. No calls for Obama to release all of his school records and the other nonsense that keeps being 'demanded' from folks that shouldn't be doing so.

Hopefully those 'Republicans' will read WaPo and Fortune and get the facts of how Obama and Co. are lying.

Actually, Romney would be better off releasing them now, because if he doesn't, eventually, someone is going to LEAK them.

Uncensored = Unhinged

sound like Joe McCarthy: "I'll add you to the list!" :lol:

Being a Bain Birther just means you subscribe the the wacky conspiracy theory that Fucktards like Obama floated that Romney filed false SEC documents, even thought the SEC already said the claim is a fib.

But you keep demanding that Romney be indicted, sparky. Don't let reality get in your way...

who said anything about false SEC filings? Not Dante.

look back..you're just a sicko whacko

Another Globe article published in 2002 contains a quote from a former Bain Capital executive named Marc B. Wolpow who said Mr. Romney remained in a very active role at Bain Capital while he was supposedly on a leave of absence for his Senate race.

Well damn! If Marc Wolpow, a guy who has been waging a jihad against Romney's political aspirations for YEARS, said that then this story must be true!

Dumbfuck, they kept Romney's name on documents per SEC rules since they weren't able to get his replacement on the books.

You do realize Democraps in MA tried to prove Romney didn't live in MA and didn't work in MA for 3 or so years during the Olympics, so that he couldn't run for office in MA.

Now you fucking idiots are now claiming he was working for Bain when he was living in Utah and working for the US Olympics. You are fucking insane.

Mitt Romney stayed at Bain three years longer than he claimed: As we’ve previously noted, Mitt Romney twice told the Government Ethics Office that he left Bain Capital in February 1999, but there has been plenty of evidence suggesting otherwise. When he left Bain is a critical question, both because a different date than the one he claimed could mean he lied on official forms, and also because Romney has used the early departure date to insulate himself from attacks on Bain’s practices during the early 2000s.

But the Boston Globe reports today that Romney stayed on a full three years longer at Bain than he has claimed. Securities and Exchange Commission documents filed the in the years after 1999 list Romney as the “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president” of Bain. And a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002.

Romney’s Bain lie - Salon.com

Last edited:
Mitt Romney’s campaign asked for a correction on Thursday’s Globe story, but did not dispute any facts in the article (file/The Boston Globe)

Obama campaign accuses Mitt Romney of lying about Bain tenure - The Boston Globe

The Romney campaign called such statements by the Obama team “reckless” and asked the Globe to print a correction, which it has declined to do.

in documents from July 2000 and February 2001

Willard Mitt Romney listed his “principal occupation”

as “Managing Director” of Bain

Last edited:
Flail away libs !
No one cares but you assholes that are voting for Obama anyway.

Forum List

Back