Romney's Bain Lie

The bottom line here is the filing with the SEC.

Romney can't get around that. That's what did in Ken Lay.

While Romney wasn't involved in anything illegal (thus far), his story doesn't line up with the documentation.

And calling the President a "liar" was way off base. He's going to have to eat alot of crow to back out of that one..or double down.

It's not comparable.

Lay was the Chairman and CEO with direct reporting lines to the operating divisions. Romney had no operating role whatsoever. The SEC filing almost certainly is nothing. If Romney shows up to the AGM - which every investor and LP is invited to - then he is at Bain "for business," and he has to tell the SEC that. Bain wouldn't comment for the article other than to say that he stepped down from running the firm.

In the meantime, employment levels are at multidecade lows, so the Democrats divert from their record to stuff like this.

SEC's value, if any, is the fact they act as a repository for records like these.

Which is what I meant about Ken Lay, who like Romney in terms of Bain, tried to exculpate responsiblity from Enron. So it is most certainly "something". Had Bain's behaviors become criminal, Romney would have been held responsible. Romney also has said he had absolutely no involvement with Bain, which isn't exactly true..since he's been showing up to share holder meetings.

As to your comment about employment being at "multidecade lows"; part of the reason for that..were because of practices started directly as a result of Bain's actions.

Which brings us back to where we began.

The bottom line here is the filing with the SEC.

Romney can't get around that. That's what did in Ken Lay.

While Romney wasn't involved in anything illegal (thus far), his story doesn't line up with the documentation.

And calling the President a "liar" was way off base. He's going to have to eat alot of crow to back out of that one..or double down.

It's not comparable.

Lay was the Chairman and CEO with direct reporting lines to the operating divisions. Romney had no operating role whatsoever. The SEC filing almost certainly is nothing. If Romney shows up to the AGM - which every investor and LP is invited to - then he is at Bain "for business," and he has to tell the SEC that. Bain wouldn't comment for the article other than to say that he stepped down from running the firm.

In the meantime, employment levels are at multidecade lows, so the Democrats divert from their record to stuff like this.

SEC's value, if any, is the fact they act as a repository for records like these.

Which is what I meant about Ken Lay, who like Romney in terms of Bain, tried to exculpate responsiblity from Enron. So it is most certainly "something". Had Bain's behaviors become criminal, Romney would have been held responsible. Romney also has said he had absolutely no involvement with Bain, which isn't exactly true..since he's been showing up to share holder meetings.

As to your comment about employment being at "multidecade lows"; part of the reason for that..were because of practices started directly as a result of Bain's actions.

Which brings us back to where we began.
OMG...:lmao:

Now the shit state of the economy is Bain's doing.

I am sorry, I surrender to approx. 30 pages of posts, so, if this was posted, ignorance is not an excuse, so, my bad.

CNN reported last night that the accusations from Team Obama of felonious conduct are sheer nonsense and lies — and got that message from four executives at Bain, two of whom are “active” supporters of Barack Obama. John King spoke to all four, three of whom are Democrats, and all four said that Mitt Romney left Bain in a big hurry in 1999 in order to work full time on rescuing the Salt Lake City Olympics. The rushed departure created a lot of paperwork headaches as Bain tried to unwind Romney from leadership, which required a significant amount of time. That’s why the company had Romney’s name on their SEC paperwork the next two years, as King reports:
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/07/...pporters-at-bain-confirm-romney-left-in-1999/

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSo5bTbwFoM&feature=player_embedded]CNN Report Debunks Latest False Attack From Obama Campaign - YouTube[/ame]

How many folks did they kill?

So far, Obama has three notches on his holster due to his direct orders to execute them. And, two half notches for the Fast and Furious US agents.

How many people did he kill? Are you serious? Considering Nixon's Christmas Eve bombing of Hanoi, George H. W. Bush's military orders in the 1st Bush Gulf War which ultimately led to the slaughter of retreating Iraqi troops on what's come to be known as the Highway of Death, and his son's attack on Iraq for nonexistent WMD's over a decade later, resulting in the deaths several thousand US troops as well as tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis, I think you need to develop some historical perspective.
Almost all Presidents have wars to their name.

Few have summary executions of US Citizens. But, Obama does.

Few have programs that put weapons in the hands of criminals who kill our US Agents, then lamely try to cover it up. But, Obama does.

Few make sure foreign journalists who uncover their bad deeds imprisoned in a Yemeni prison. But, Obama does.

With that record, I have no doubt that Obama could kill all your neighbors and you would still grab your ankles and thank him to do more.

Not the president the right loves to hate...

That's President Carter in case you were having trouble in singling out just one.

Let's put this to rest Romney took a leave of absence from Bain in February of 1999 to serve as president and CEO of the Salt Lake Olympic games organizing committee when you take a leave of absence from a company you are no longer working for it or running it Romney announced in August of 2001 he would not return to Bain and transferred his ownership to other partners. Let me repeat this for the very slow out there from February 1999 to August 2001 Romney was not running Bain and gave up his ownership end of story case closed get over it.

That's fine.

It's not reflected in the documentation that went to SEC.

And if what you are saying is true..that's a crime.
Would that be the documentation that everyone keeps talking about but no one produces?

How many people did he kill? Are you serious? Considering Nixon's Christmas Eve bombing of Hanoi, George H. W. Bush's military orders in the 1st Bush Gulf War which ultimately led to the slaughter of retreating Iraqi troops on what's come to be known as the Highway of Death, and his son's attack on Iraq for nonexistent WMD's over a decade later, resulting in the deaths several thousand US troops as well as tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis, I think you need to develop some historical perspective.
Almost all Presidents have wars to their name.

Few have summary executions of US Citizens. But, Obama does.

Few have programs that put weapons in the hands of criminals who kill our US Agents, then lamely try to cover it up. But, Obama does.

Few make sure foreign journalists who uncover their bad deeds imprisoned in a Yemeni prison. But, Obama does.

With that record, I have no doubt that Obama could kill all your neighbors and you would still grab your ankles and thank him to do more.

Not the president the right loves to hate...

That's President Carter in case you were having trouble in singling out just one.
I suppose my use of "almost" threw you for a loop.

Now, about those Obama summary executions of US Citizens in violation of their inherent rights granted them by the Constitution?

What is Obama hiding with F&F?

What does that journalist know about Obama's actions that is keeping himin a Yemeni prison with Obama's blessing and assistance?

What the hell is the most secretive President ever hiding?

Where are Mitt's income tax returns for 2000 thru 2011? He's only released 2010. Obama released his for 2000 thru 2011 - 12 years.

One more time for comprehension:

Obama had to release tax returns for those years because he was an elected official.

Check the State of Mass website, Romney's tax returns for the years he was Gov may be on there.

I am sorry, I surrender to approx. 30 pages of posts, so, if this was posted, ignorance is not an excuse, so, my bad.

CNN reported last night that the accusations from Team Obama of felonious conduct are sheer nonsense and lies — and got that message from four executives at Bain, two of whom are “active” supporters of Barack Obama. John King spoke to all four, three of whom are Democrats, and all four said that Mitt Romney left Bain in a big hurry in 1999 in order to work full time on rescuing the Salt Lake City Olympics. The rushed departure created a lot of paperwork headaches as Bain tried to unwind Romney from leadership, which required a significant amount of time. That’s why the company had Romney’s name on their SEC paperwork the next two years, as King reports:
CNN: Two “active” Obama supporters at Bain confirm Romney left in 1999 « Hot Air

CNN Report Debunks Latest False Attack From Obama Campaign - YouTube

They just could NOT get Romney's name off the SEC paperwork for 2 years?

That excuse is almost as lame as saying that they were just trying to use up all the old stationary letterhead because it cost too much to print up new ones.

Poor Bain. They just could NOT get Romney off the company roles. They tried. Really.

Last edited:

Bob Slydell: Mittens Romney.
Dom Portwood: Who's he?
Bob Porter: You know, plastic looking guy, awkwardly laughs a lot.
Dom Portwood: Oh, yeah.
Bob Slydell: Yeah, we can't actually find a record of him being a current employee here.
Bob Porter: I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he was laid off three years ago and no one ever told him about it; but through some kind of glitch in the payroll department, he still gets a [$100,000/year] paycheck.
Bob Slydell: So we just went ahead and fixed the glitch.
Bill Lumbergh: Great.
Dom Portwood: So, uh, Mittens has been let go?
Bob Slydell: Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it'll just work itself out naturally.
Bob Porter: We always like to avoid confrontation with the SEC, whenever possible. Problem is solved from your end.

Bob Slydell: Yeah, we can't actually find a record of him being a current employee here.
Bob Porter: I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he was laid off three years ago and no one ever told him about it; but through some kind of glitch in the payroll department, he still gets a [$100,000/year] paycheck.
Bob Slydell: Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it'll just work itself out naturally.
Bob Porter: We always like to avoid confrontation with the SEC, whenever possible. Problem is solved from your end.

$100,000 was his "minimum" pay. This is not unusual. Admission of CEO's payment is required by law, but not the true amount, because it's "private". That amount is given to show at least $100,000 was actually transferred. It could be $50,000,000 but the only way to know for sure the exact amount is from his tax returns.

Mitt has released one year and one year of "estimates".

Bush released 8 years
Clinton released 12 years
Obama released 12 years
Romney's father released 12 years

Mitt released 1 year

Last edited by a moderator:

$100,000 was his "minimum" pay. This is not unusual. Admission of CEO's payment is required by law, but not the true amount. It could be $50,000,000 but the only way to know for sure the exact amount is from his tax returns.

Yeah, estimates are required when filing an extension.

Now, not only why is Obama keeping a journalist quiet in a Yemeni prison, but why does the ACLU have to sue the administration for information about why Obama violated the Constitutional rights of three (that we know of) US citizens and killed them? What is he hiding about Fast and Furious that caused the death of two US agents?

Lots of folks dying and being imprisoned around Obama, too many of them.

What is Obama hiding? What is he afraid of?

$100,000 was his "minimum" pay. This is not unusual. Admission of CEO's payment is required by law, but not the true amount. It could be $50,000,000 but the only way to know for sure the exact amount is from his tax returns.

Yeah, estimates are required when filing an extension.

Now, not only why is Obama keeping a journalist quiet in a Yemeni prison, but why does the ACLU have to sue the administration for information about why Obama violated the Constitutional rights of three (that we know of) US citizens and killed them? What is he hiding about Fast and Furious that caused the death of two US agents?

Republican "conspiracies"? He's not afraid. He's "amused". Just like I am.

Mitt, release your tax returns.

I just caught a CBS playback of an interview with Mitten's saying with a straight face that he had nothing to do with Bain during the years he was off with the Olympics.

Hmmm, so the businessman who claims he knows how to get America back to work was THREE YEARS totally ignorant as to the workings of the company that he created AND WAS STILL CEO OF?

Give me a fucking break, will ya please?

I just caught a CBS playback of an interview with Mitten's saying with a straight face that he had nothing to do with Bain during the years he was off with the Olympics.

Hmmm, so the businessman who claims he knows how to get America back to work was THREE YEARS totally ignorant as to the workings of the company that he created AND WAS STILL CEO OF?

Give me a fucking break, will ya please?
Yeah, he was.

Forum List

Back