Ron DeSsntis War On Disney About To Hit A Major Snag

Bring it Chuckie........now he's on the side of big business, what a shock. I love how these people are getting exposed and the bullshit big gov vs big gov (which has never been the case) is not shown to be the hand job it is.

There are no “sides”. There is only the Constitution, which is absolutely clear on the issue of the government legally going after citizens for criticizing government policy.

You’re the fool who keeps talking about medical quacks on Twitter having the right to “freedom of speech” to sell horse wormer as a Covid cure. They have no such right. The only “right” they have is the right to criticize the government without the government prosecuting or harassing them.

Disney has no problem in what they’re doing. The First Amendment, as confirmed in the Citizen’s United decision by the Supreme Court, has every legal right to criticize DeSantis’ bill.

DeSantis has no right to punish Disney for speaking out. DeSantis also has no right to stop discussion of racial or gender issues in class, or to punish teachers for mentioning them. First Amendment.

The First Amendment prevents THE GOVERNMENT from punishing people for their speech against the government.
Yes and no. Disney has the right to speech — as I have already noted. But if they take a tax concession, then they ought to refrain from political speech. That’s why I made the analogy to a 501(c)(3) a tax exempt organization. They can lose their status if they choose to make use of both the tax break and their otherwise existing right to free speech.

The State of Florida is under no compulsion to continue granting Disney that tax break — except to the limited extent that Florida made a specific promise as part of its bond offering. To get around that, Florida would have to make the bond holders whole. Difficult but permissible.

The termination of a concession made by the State of Florida to Disney is just that. A termination of a special concession. And of course Florida is free to do that. And Disney’s free speech is not thereby prevented. Disney maintains the right to lie about that law concerning the teaching of sexual matters to young school kids.

Disney, the 1%, the rich that does not pay thier fair share, decides to take a political side and fight a law that protects children from being taught sex and you call that the right to free speech?

You are technically speaking, advocating that you have the right to teach my 5 year old son anything you want about sex.

You have a right to say what you want to my children about sex.

There is no place in any society for "today's", Democrats.

Democrats now claim rights over other people's children.
Check your facts. Disney paid over 780million in taxes. THe good roads clean streets & services plus jobs provided by Disney. DONATED over 900 thousand dollars to Republicans. Lets hear from some who live within the175 miles Disney range, How do they feel about taking on the tax burden & up keep,

The Doctor came in and told Mickey he couldn't find anything wrong with Minnie's mental capacity.

"No Doc." Mickey said, "I said I think She's 'Fucking' Goofy!"
I repeated the old joke. You might as well slightly revise the same punch line.

While I am against Cali doing that, the law does not target one specific business as Florida did
I think the bill is good... It basically makes sure the medical licensing body is making sure that professional who have a responsibility to there licence and there place in the community behave themselves professionally.
This is not a member of the general public speaking... This is a member of a professional body and by speaking in that capacity he is undermining the integrity of that body. He can talk about unrelated topics all he likes.
But when it comes to medicine he not speaking as an individual, he speaking as someone who is give respect and status as being a member of this body, but is also expected to behave in a manner which doesn't then undermine the same body.

Yes and no. Disney has the right to speech — as I have already noted. But if they take a tax concession, then they ought to refrain from political speech. That’s why I made the analogy to a 501(c)(3) a tax exempt organization. They can lose their status if they choose to make use of both the tax break and their otherwise existing right to free speech.

The State of Florida is under no compulsion to continue granting Disney that tax break — except to the limited extent that Florida made a specific promise as part of its bond offering. To get around that, Florida would have to make the bond holders whole. Difficult but permissible.

The termination of a concession made by the State of Florida to Disney is just that. A termination of a special concession. And of course Florida is free to do that. And Disney’s free speech is not thereby prevented. Disney maintains the right to lie about that law concerning the teaching of sexual matters to young school kids.

Wrong again. In your line of thinking, you lose your right to criticize the government when you take any form of government assistance. Non-profit corporations have no right to political speech. It's part of the act which creates non-profits and people know that when they apply for a tax-free corporation, but you cannot strip a for-profit company of its right to political speech.

Such a thing would abruptly end the government lobbying business in Washington, since every company which ever received a tax break would be barred from lobbying the government. And we all know that's not going to happen.

They went way over budget. I have known a few secret service guys well. IMO they are patriots, smart and dedicated. .. nothing like Trump.
You don't know Trump, in comparison to Biden Obama Bush Clinton Bush

tRumps hand picked judges laughed HIM out of court!!!!!
MAGA
MAGA
It does not matter. People still believe the election was stolen and their numbers are growing. You keep repeating worn out excuses that just do not work anymore. Knock yourself out, the truth is coming out and you cannot stop it.

Check your facts. Disney paid over 780million in taxes. THe good roads clean streets & services plus jobs provided by Disney. DONATED over 900 thousand dollars to Republicans. Lets hear from some who live within the175 miles Disney range, How do they feel about taking on the tax burden & up keep,
Up keep of what exactly? Disney can request a new special district Immediately and it can be granted within 2 weeks.The only stipulation is that the new district must comply with the Florida state constitution…which the old one did not.

Where did they do that? There was no investigation because BARR refused to investigate any wrong doing by Republicans.
Mueller investigation included pay for play.

Barr? Democrats are free to investigate everything and anything they want. The investigations started before Trump became president and are still ongoing

Forum List

Back