Ron DeSsntis War On Disney About To Hit A Major Snag

The only place I've ever heard of anyone ever being accused of embracing the teaching of K-3rd sex stuff is in DeSantis's Fla. I'm not sure I believe it ...... But wow, what a creepy guy he is.
Eventually, we will find out why he was deflecting with this. We know how this story ends a la Dennis Hastert.

if you think the Mouse could have saved money by getting its bonds issued through the counties than with Reedy Creek, I have an amusment park that I can sell you very cheap.
My comment is not about the Mouse saving money---its about the Mouse paying taxes like everyone else does which is far far more than they are now.

Last edited:
F390A34E-2712-4CC7-9623-51EF7E4968DF.jpeg

2043F81A-FE3C-4E84-8AA0-9C8A34087B5E.jpeg

Dems are thrilled they got away with it, they don't have any remorse.

Why would they have remorse over something that never happened? You're completely crazy to continue to spout these lies and trying to sell this idea to people who know it's a lie. But that's the Trump Cult in a nut shell: listen to the lies Trump tells you - from the lie about Obama's birth certificate to the lie of the stolen election. 30% of the American people believe both lies to this day, and you're one of them.

How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you don't know the truth from the lies????

My comment is not about the Mouse saving money---its about the Mouse paying taxes like everyone else does which is far far more than they are now.

The Mouse didn't write the tax laws, the Republican Party wrote them, so if the Mouse isn't paying their fair share, talk to Donald Trump about that. He's the guy who lowered their taxes.

A billion things can go wrong between now and then.
Especially when it comes to allocating the bond debt. I can't see Florida as a whole, and not the counties that effectively owe the debt, passing it onto the other residents of Florida
It would be like forcing the taxpayers of the other 49 states to pay for the debts of New York.

Agreed. Increased taxes would blow up in the Governors face.

Much ado has been made about the legality of Florida’s Senate Bill 4Cpurporting to dissolve Disney’s Reedy Creek Improvement District: whether it was retaliation prohibited by the First Amendment, whether it was passed with sufficient formality, and so on," wrote Schumer. "But there’s a much more basic reason Florida can’t dissolve Reedy Creek — it promised bond purchasers that it wouldn’t."

Those fiduciary responsibilities can be a problem.
Bring it Chuckie........now he's on the side of big business, what a shock. I love how these people are getting exposed and the bullshit big gov vs big gov (which has never been the case) is not shown to be the hand job it is.

No, just answering posts, troll.
That troll specializes in that faux observation.

Disney and DeSantis. Both sides have some problems in what they’re doing.

Disney enjoys a tax break and then offers political criticism. It may have the right, but it’s akin to a not for profit organization then seeking to both take a tax break and engage in political speech. It’s kind of repugnant, especially where Disney chooses to lie about the law they are commenting on (which they have).

Florida did provide a significant tax break to Disney and the bonds do seem to have come with promises. This new law may be a violation of some of those promises so that Florida may have to make the bond purchasers whole for the law to survive. But I kind of doubt that the State can do that by dumping the new costs on the two adjoining counties.

Meanwhile, again: there is no war on Disney. Obviously.

Disney enjoys a tax break and then offers political criticism. It may have the right, but it’s akin to a not for profit organization then seeking to both take a tax break and engage in political speech. It’s kind of repugnant, especially where Disney chooses to lie about the law they are commenting on (which they have).

Florida did provide a significant tax break to Disney and the bonds do seem to have come with promises. This new law may be a violation of some of those promises so that Florida may have to make the bond purchasers whole for the law to survive. But I kind of doubt that the State can do that by dumping the new costs on the two adjoining counties.

Disney has no problem in what they’re doing. The First Amendment, as confirmed in the Citizen’s United decision by the Supreme Court, has every legal right to criticize DeSantis’ bill.

DeSantis has no right to punish Disney for speaking out. DeSantis also has no right to stop discussion of racial or gender issues in class, or to punish teachers for mentioning them. First Amendment.

The First Amendment prevents THE GOVERNMENT from punishing people for their speech against the government.

From your post: "It may have the right, but it’s akin to a not for profit organization then seeking to both take a tax break and engage in political speech. It’s kind of repugnant, especially where Disney chooses to lie about the law they are commenting on (which they have)."

Yet that is PRECISELY what Citizens United did with Hillary the Movie. Citizens United was a not for profit when it made that movie. Further it continued to engage in partisan political activity.

rump administration[edit]​

In 2016, the Donald Trump presidential campaign enlisted Citizens United President David Bossie as deputy campaign manager.[14] During the campaign, Bossie made regular television appearances on behalf of the Trump campaign.[15] Bossie is a close friend and longtime acquaintance of Trump administration officials Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway,[16] having introduced Bannon to Trump in 2011.[17]

---
say whatever you want about the Mouse advocating for its gay employees, but the Mouse actually contributes money to gop candidates. It is not about supporting one or another candidate about partisan issues.

I can't believe I'm defending the Mouse. It is the enemy of all sports fans. LOL

Forum List

Back