Ron Paul Wins All of Maines delegates to the RNC in Tampa Romney wins ZERO

Neighborhoods with heavy drug use have diminished security because of prohibition.

LOL. And you guys call me names.
No, idiot. They have diminished security because when people get fucked up on drugs they can get violent, and when they are out of money they get desperate to get some.
Wow. Just wow.

Neighborhoods with heavy drug use have diminished security because of prohibition.

LOL. And you guys call me names.
No, idiot. They have diminished security because when people get fucked up on drugs they can get violent, and when they are out of money they get desperate to get some.
Wow. Just wow.
Uh-huh...And all the drive-by shootings are just to make sure that nobody comes from outside the 'hood and invades their softball fields, right?:cuckoo:

I have the right to liberty. The right taken away in an assault is liberty. Here is the definition of liberty.

Liberty | Define Liberty at Dictionary.com

1.freedom from arbitrary or despotic government or control.
2.freedom from external or foreign rule; independence.
3.freedom from control, interference, obligation, restriction, hampering conditions, etc.; power or right of doing, thinking, speaking, etc., according to choice.
4.freedom from captivity, confinement, or physical restraint: The prisoner soon regained his liberty.
5.permission granted to a sailor, especially in the navy, to go ashore.

You are free to harm yourself by definition of liberty and we have the right to liberty, to the pursuit of happiness (also conducive with rights against assault) and life (yet another right taken in an assault), Just as a few rights infringed on in an assault.

Drug consumption does not equate to acts of violence against others or anything otherwise. Your argument is lost as of now.

Then prisoners are having their right to liberty violated. Anyone who has any constraint put upon his actions ahs his liberty taken away. Based on this you can't shush someone in a movie theater either becaue that's taking away his liberty. Any zoning ordinance is taking away someone's liberty.
You didnt answer the question about assault. Maybe you can't?

Prisoners who have violated someone else's rights relinquish their own, dolt. This concept is not hard. They had liberty like everyone else and chose to violate someone instead.

This has gotten beyond pathetic. Carry on, nutjob.

I have the right to liberty. The right taken away in an assault is liberty. Here is the definition of liberty.

Liberty | Define Liberty at Dictionary.com

1.freedom from arbitrary or despotic government or control.
2.freedom from external or foreign rule; independence.
3.freedom from control, interference, obligation, restriction, hampering conditions, etc.; power or right of doing, thinking, speaking, etc., according to choice.
4.freedom from captivity, confinement, or physical restraint: The prisoner soon regained his liberty.
5.permission granted to a sailor, especially in the navy, to go ashore.

You are free to harm yourself by definition of liberty and we have the right to liberty, to the pursuit of happiness (also conducive with rights against assault) and life (yet another right taken in an assault), Just as a few rights infringed on in an assault.

Drug consumption does not equate to acts of violence against others or anything otherwise. Your argument is lost as of now.

Then prisoners are having their right to liberty violated. Anyone who has any constraint put upon his actions ahs his liberty taken away. Based on this you can't shush someone in a movie theater either becaue that's taking away his liberty. Any zoning ordinance is taking away someone's liberty.

Prisoners who have violated someone else's rights relinquish their own, dolt. This concept is not hard. They had liberty like everyone else and chose to violate someone instead.

OK, so you can infringe on someone's liberty under the right circumstances?

OK, so you can infringe on someone's liberty under the right circumstances?

Not sure how you got there.

The idea is that people are to be respected and their rights respected untill they go 'outlaw' by abusing/victimizing someone else. Till they pay back their debt to society and show they are going straight, they are absent many rights that they forfeited by going outlaw.

No one is infringing what has been forfeited to begin with.

I think Rabbi's high on paint thinner or something I mean how can one person be so blind and stupid

Even Amsterdam is clamping down on the dopers. dope. And that is just weed.

Having a stoned population just doesn't work.

Of course, most Libertarian aspirations and ideals are just exercises in mental masturbation which would never work in the real world.

Dutch cannabis curb backed by court - timesofmalta.com

It is illegal because it takes away someone else's rights. It's that simple. If I ingest drugs and die early or right then, or whatever, I have harmed no one but myself.

Dont you bring misery and emotional harm to your parents and siblings? Perhaps a wife and children?

This is where Libertarians lose so many people; it is NOT OK for someone to destroy themselves.

I think Rabbi's high on paint thinner or something I mean how can one person be so blind and stupid

Even Amsterdam is clamping down on the dopers. dope. And that is just weed.

Having a stoned population just doesn't work.

Of course, most Libertarian aspirations and ideals are just exercises in mental masturbation which would never work in the real world.

Dutch cannabis curb backed by court - timesofmalta.com

How many LEO's have to die becaus eof the vain attempt to enforce our archaic drug laws?

How many Mexicans will have to die because we twist Mexico's arm to fight a war against those who supply what Americans want to ingest?

How many people will have their homes broken into and belongings robbed so some asshole can buy some shit?

How many parents kids will have their lives ruined because they had the bad luck to get caught with more than an ounce of pot? I say bad luck because the vast majority of users are never arrested.

We are doing more harm to our society by addressing mass drug addiction as though it were a problem we can go to war with. It is insane.

Legalize most drugs, ban the worst and prosecute those who distribute them like we do those who trade snuff flicks, and the users should not face criminal charges, but treatment instead. Attack this thing with understanding, treatment and economics but not by throwing massive numbers of people into prison.

We are doing more harm to our society by addressing mass drug addiction as though it were a problem we can go to war with. It is insane.

That is your opinion.

The collective experiences of civilizations disagree with you, which is why doper civilizations do not exist.

It has all been tried before, you know.

That is your opinion.

The collective experiences of civilizations disagree with you, which is why doper civilizations do not exist.

Dude, you know that during the height of our nations economic expansion ALL these drugs were TOTALLY LEGAL, right?

Up until 1875 the US had not one law against opium, pot, beer, moonshine, liquor, cocaine, ANYTHING. Zip/nada/zero/null.

Prohibition of drugs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So if no stoner society, as you put it, has ever been successful, then why wasnt the US till 1875 showing the decay you seem to expect? Instead we flourished.

The AMA warned us all what would happen if we criminalized drug abuse: we would get far more addicts as they addicts would fear the law too much to get help and we would provide criminal syndicates a sure money maker. Now we have far more drug addicts than we had before these stupid drug laws.

So why are we fighting this war on drugs? To benefit the public or to ensure the closed market for the drug dealers?

It is illegal because it takes away someone else's rights. It's that simple. If I ingest drugs and die early or right then, or whatever, I have harmed no one but myself.

Dont you bring misery and emotional harm to your parents and siblings? Perhaps a wife and children?

This is where Libertarians lose so many people; it is NOT OK for someone to destroy themselves.
But it IS OK for them to destroy themselves with booze, tobacco, food, prescription drugs....

Get a grip.

AUGUSTA — The second day of the Maine Republican State Convention is coming to an end, but the controversy continues.

Organizers at the Augusta Civic Center on Sunday said presidential candidate Ron Paul has won 22 state delegates that will go to the national GOP convention in Tampa, Fla., and fellow candidate Mitt Romney has won zero.

The results were based on voting Saturday night and Sunday.

But Paul's victory is likely to be challenged by the Romney campaign, which has dispatched its top lawyer, Benjamin Ginsberg, to Maine. Ginsberg was President George W. Bush's lawyer during the 2000 Florida recount.

Maine Republican Party Chairman Charlie Webster said this morning that the Romney campaign will contest the results and attempt to have them thrown out. The Romney campaign will argue that the vote didn’t take place in an open forum, Webster said

More : Ron Paul Wins All of Maines delegates to the RNC in Tampa Romney wins ZERO

And your point is?

But it IS OK for them to destroy themselves with booze, tobacco, food, prescription drugs....

Get a grip.

No, that is not OK either; why would it be?

I do have a grip; at least I realize that there are people who love me and would be sorely injured if I died before my life's duty was done.

RP is not going to win anything as the establishment is simply not going to allow it.

Then every conservative that believes in a democratic process should leave the GOP ASAP.

Why waste ones time in a party controled by a small kabal of trotskyites?

Get a grip.

I do have a grip; at least I realize that there are people who love me and would be sorely injured if I died before my life's duty was done.
So, are you trying to say that the only thing keeping you from doing recreational drugs is the laws against them?...Really?

That is your opinion.

Dude, you know that during the height of our nations economic expansion ALL these drugs were TOTALLY LEGAL, right?

Up until 1875 the US had not one law against opium, pot, beer, moonshine, liquor, cocaine, ANYTHING. Zip/nada/zero/null.

Prohibition of drugs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So if no stoner society, as you put it, has ever been successful, then why wasnt the US till 1875 showing the decay you seem to expect? Instead we flourished.

The AMA warned us all what would happen if we criminalized drug abuse: we would get far more addicts as they addicts would fear the law too much to get help and we would provide criminal syndicates a sure money maker. Now we have far more drug addicts than we had before these stupid drug laws.

So why are we fighting this war on drugs? To benefit the public or to ensure the closed market for the drug dealers?

Because it wasn't a stoner society. Laws began to be enacted once these things became problems. People were too busy trying to put food on the table to render themselves senseless. This mostly started after the Civil War when people got hooked on morphine. But even then prohibition came later.

Get a grip.

So your solution to thsoe problems is to make them worse? WTF?

Get a grip.

So, are you trying to say that the only thing keeping you from doing recreational drugs is the laws against them?...Really?

Yeah probably.
What's your point?

Forum List

Back