Ronald Reagan On Raising The Debt Ceiling.

Reagan started us on our recent recession/depression. We survived Reagan's tripling the national debt but there waiting to double the debt once again was Bush. Again we survived with large infusions of cash, and now Republicans are trying to be convince their party and America that with just one more whammy Obama, and Obamacare will be gone. Sure it might take years to recover but Obama will be gone, and Obama being gone seems to have been the only goal of the Republican party since his election.

Yes, it was a devious plot to start an economic run and stock market boom with a Trojan Horse in it that 25 years later it would all come crashing down. Clearly it was him and not the politicians who undercut everything he'd done in terms of tax cuts and simplification for the 20 years after he left office. Devious he was, very devious.

Ronnie Raygun promised to balance the budget in his first four years as POTUS. That was his main campaign pledge. He never submitted one single balanced budget in eight years, and almost tripled the national debt.

Then Shrub daddy doubled it again in only four years. In twelve years the national debt went from less than one trillion dollars almost $5 trillion. And they gave it all to the industrial military corporations.

Bubba Clinton actually balanced the budget and left office with a $200 billion annual budget surplus, which Shrub Jr. destroyed in only six months. Shrub Jr. doubled the debt yet again in his eight years, adding more to the debt than ALL presidents before him added together.

Only a complete moron couldn't see that cons are the problem, not the solution.

how many has obama submitted? is your criticism of him equally as harsh? if not you are just another in a long line of liberal hypocrites.

Reagan started us on our recent recession/depression. We survived Reagan's tripling the national debt but there waiting to double the debt once again was Bush. Again we survived with large infusions of cash, and now Republicans are trying to be convince their party and America that with just one more whammy Obama, and Obamacare will be gone. Sure it might take years to recover but Obama will be gone, and Obama being gone seems to have been the only goal of the Republican party since his election.

Obama has added more to the national debt than all previous presidents combined.

your post is horseshit.

Ronald Reagan: Radio Address to the Nation on the Federal Debt Ceiling Increase and Deficit Reduction.

PolitiFact | Obama says Reagan raised debt ceiling 18 times; George W. Bush seven times.

My bad, Ronnie only raised the Debt Ceiling Eighteen Times (18) NOT Nineteen (19) Times.

Tip, Gipper: Debt-Raising 1981-Style - Bloomberg.

Sorry RePugs, The Great Ronnie DID RAISE THE DEBT CEILING.

You want to talk about how Great the Economy was under Ronnie, then YOU must know that as part of the Great Ronnie Economic Policy, Raising The Debt Ceiling was vital.

Please, Ronald Reagan is like the 1950's for them -- it's all Happy Days and forgetting the inconvenient truths and facts.

Reagan was great at communicating a vision and convincing the best and the brightest to come to work for him.

Unfortunately, he got talked into some bad ideas that still haunt us today -- "trickle down" mythonomics, and Big Tent GOP or "Let's pretend to take sides on abortion and rope in all the single-issue rubes in the Bible belt."

dig on this one hazelnut, in reagans 8 years with his 3 debt increases, he still increased the debt less then obama has in only 5 years. now lets hear you get off your hypocritical wagon and start blasting the man in charge for the next 3 years to make sure he keeps things in line

All I hear from Republicans in this thread are deflections like "but Obama", with no real reasoning on why Republicans praise Reagan as some sort of man-god for attempting to advance almost EVERY terrible policy Obama has. Reagan was the beginning of the neo-con movement within the Republican party. Republican just hope that it was long enough ago that people will forget.

All I hear from Republicans in this thread are deflections like "but Obama", with no real reasoning on why Republicans praise Reagan as some sort of man-god for attempting to advance almost EVERY terrible policy Obama has. Reagan was the beginning of the neo-con movement within the Republican party. Republican just hope that it was long enough ago that people will forget.

Your knowledge of history is squat

Reagan won 49 out of 50 states, it was not just republicans who liked and admired him.

No, he was not perfect and made mistakes. But this country was a much better place when he was in charge.

I was going to point out Senator Obama's views on raising the debt ceiling back in 2006 but I see that has already been taken care of so instead I will just say thank you to those who saved me the trouble.

Uh, Reagan is dead. Been dead for 9 years now. What's the deal? Who cares what he did three decades ago? Anyone who wants to raise the debt ceiling now is just as bad as they claim Reagan was for doing it. Please check your hypocrisy at the door.

"Those that refuse to learn from history are bound to repeat it."

Trying to sweep Raygun's crimes under the mat only makes the cons that much more guilty. But then, that's the cons for you. Like Ford sweeping Nixon's crimes under the mat. Anyone that doesn't want to raise the debt ceiling is trying to destroy America's credibility and integrity. You're just doing Al Qaeda's bidding. And they laugh at your stupidity.

Forum List

Back