Roots

I watched the first one, and they are replaying the 1st one all day today , so check your channels..

I found this one even harder to watch than the original, TV can show much more violence today than they did in the 1970's

We have close to 46 million slaves in the here and now world wide and we are running with Trayvon and Michael.

These slaves are real. Like right now.
How do you say come be my wife if you want your freedom in asian? I see a lot of hot Asians at Chinese restaurants I'm sure some of them are indesured survants working off a debt.

I need to learn Chinese Vietnamese and Korean.

My question is, "What is the need for a new "Roots?" I thought the original was well done and told the story accurately. Is there some political advantage in refilming it?
I was saying a few months ago,"why don't they play roots on TV ever?" I thought it was great. I love all these movies from this era except

Gone with the wind and Selma. Boring!

My question is, "What is the need for a new "Roots?" I thought the original was well done and told the story accurately. Is there some political advantage in refilming it?
Yes. Adding more civil unrest, which means war, which means money.

In the end who cares if it was remade or not. Has no effect on anything.
It may just have an effect and you probably realize it. It's just another avenue to stir up "Poor Me" emotions.
It is already stirring up poor me emotions but it is also stirring up much worse. See the thread Roots Remake here at USMB and check the link to twitter I posted.
Oh, and get ready for more drivebys, suckerpunch games, and white women being targeted because quite a few in twitter were calling for the "attention" to be given "white women" because they are "just as bad" as the slave owners were.

So they can ramp up the drama and stir up new whitey hate. The dems love that.

Yes I see this 'new' propaganda flick is on about 5 different channels on my dishtv. I wouldn't watch it if it was the only thing on.

Yes. Adding more civil unrest, which means war, which means money.
The Jews don't ever want us to forget the Holocaust but blacks can't do the same for slavery?
Jews don't resist arrest and then claim "Jew's Lives Matter." Matter of fact, I haven't heard about "Jew on Jew" crime or murders either. But I do wish they would stop protesting, jumping on police cars and rioting when one of their own is shot when he tries to disarm and assault a police officer. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back