Rosy jobs report starves off recession talk

Back in the Carter days unions were a big thing. So the COLA increase was mandatory for many places, and non-union shops had to compete against union shops to attract workers, so they followed suit.

People who don't follow politics or issues use their environment to make judgements. I'm fine, I can work as many hours as I want, plenty of jobs around, so there's no recession coming. That's why I said once it hits, it's going to hit all at once like night and day.

Or it will be so minor most people won't notice.

Night and Day is what happened when your boy Trump wrecked the economy. Simply won't happen like that again. The problem- once again- is that we are already in a labor shortage, and the Fed can't destroy jobs at a rate fast enough to make up for the reduction in workers.

With 327,000 jobs created its not a bad report at all.

From the Philadelphia Federal Reserve... Job growth in 2nd quarter 2022 was over-estimated by BLS by a factor of 100...

Estimates by the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia indicate that the employment changes from March through June 2022 were significantly different in 33 states and the District of Columbia compared with current state estimates from the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ (BLS) Current Employment Statistics (CES). Early benchmark estimates indicated higher changes in four states, lower changes in 29 states and the District of Columbia, and lesser changes in the remaining 17 states.

Our estimates incorporate more comprehensive...

In the aggregate, 10,500 net new jobs were added during the period rather than the 1,121,500 jobs estimated by the sum of the states; the U.S. CES estimated net growth of 1,047,000 jobs for the period.

Data is here...

With 327,000 jobs created its not a bad report at all.
There is nothing rosy about our economy with massive inflation, high cost of energy, millions of illegals flooding in, unbelievable high public debt, high interest rates, declining family income and a housing market on the verge of collapse.

Joe Potatohead is a shitty President. Anybody that voted for him is an idiot.

I take the sum total of a long life, Living in different parts of our country, from ultra conservative to very liberal, few years of college, variety of jobs and volunteer work. plus time spent in other country's.
And I DO NOT have all or even half of the questions that need responsible answers. So am annoyed by those so sure they know everything. How? two many take the word of the talking heads that spew out political party talking points. America needs compromise, the hard work of looking for reasonable solutions to complex problems.

Forum List

Back