Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rubio enrolls in Obamacare, takes federal subsidy

Meaning Rubio gets NO subsidy.

Size of family-6

400% poverty level-126,360

And he make how much?

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Rubio gets a subsidy

When Obamacare was passed it made all Congressmen and their staff abandon FEHB and take an exchange policy. Under FEHB they received an employer contribution to their healthcare that contribution was transferred with them

LOL

You guys have never been good at math..........

This thread is based on a LIE. Your side never seems to have a problem with LYING.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpxd3pZAVHI]Pink Floyd-Another Brick In The Wall [HQ] - YouTube[/ame]

Where is the lie?

The Grassley amendment made all Senators sign up for the Exchanges

You are quite incorrect regarding my rates.
To be honest, I don't know how bad or good the ACA is going to be but the supposed Free Market hasn't done me any favors.

ACA was not designed to fix your rate issue.. The issues that it DID FIX didn't require this much money or taking Millions of Americans this close to a healthcare disaster by upsetting their insurance plans.. The main INTENT of ACA was economic justice and redistribution to pay for the "uninsured".. About 1/2 of whom didn't have an economic reason for lacking coverage.

Would have been cheaper and more effective to address the 10% of the needy and fix a couple insurance company abuses..

I will presume that COBRA (ReaganCare) was not unduly straining any municipal, state or federal budgets.

Not sure what point you're going for here. With the aspect of COBRA I know about, people pay full value for their own insurance and they're only on it temporarily.

Size of family-6

And he make how much?

Pretty sure Congress members still get subsidies. Maybe under a different category. I don't know the details. Just another one of the ways Obama changed the unchangeable law and people are whomping mad about it.

Size of family-6

And he make how much?

Pretty sure Congress members still get subsidies. Maybe under a different category. I don't know the details. Just another one of the ways Obama changed the unchangeable law and people are whomping mad about it.

Congress Exempt from Obamacare: The Latest Lie That Won't Die | New Republic

Size of family-6

And he make how much?

Members of congress are getting subsidies. I don't know the nature of them. But they're getting some sort of subsidy, which Obama specifically okayed. A subsidy which ordinary Americans with congress-level wages would not get on the exchanges.

Some legislators are turning down the subsidy; some are taking the subsidy. According to the OP, Rubio is taking the subsidy.

Members of congress are getting subsidies. I don't know the nature of them. But they're getting some sort of subsidy, which Obama specifically okayed. A subsidy which ordinary Americans with congress-level wages would not get on the exchanges.

Some legislators are turning down the subsidy; some are taking the subsidy. According to the OP, Rubio is taking the subsidy.

According to the Grassley Amendment, they and their staff get the same government contribution to their health plan that they always got

According to the Grassley Amendment, they and their staff get the same government contribution to their health plan that they always got

Jump on Sallow for calling it a subsidy then.

But to be very serious, when employers quit paying for their employees' policies under Obamacare, do they turn around and offer to subsidize the plans on the exchange?

The Grassley amendment was supposed to make legislators experience the exchange the same way the rest of America will experience it. Obama chose to officially interpret the law in a way which gave legislators special treatment so that they wouldn't have the same burden other people in their income bracket experience.

Last edited:
He's not required to do shit.

If he doesn't enroll? He may get a tax penalty. Which no one will collect.

Normally -- you're not this desparate ... OR ill-informed.. The ACA Law Outlawed (not cancelled) his old plan.. Just like they OUTLAWED (not cancelled) mine. Important diff we can discuss if you're not clear on the distinction) Requires him to dive into the pool if he wants health insurance...

To be fair --- he DOESN'T NEED to dive into a State or Federal pool.. He could go to a broker and get the same "GOVERNMENT DESIGNED AND APPROVED" policies WITHOUT supporting the subsidized pool.. But not being the spiteful destructive villain that you paint him to be --- HE CHOSE to place himself at greater risk by JOINING a subsidized pool.

Quite the opposite of what your OP implies there werewolf breath.

No responsible person is gonna leave themselves and their family without healthcare. Aint that the POINT?

Un Fucking believable.

Then why in the hell have you asshole rethugs fought tooth and nail to keep OTHER responsible Americans from having access to healthcare for themselves and their families?

Seems like a fair question to me. But I fuking guarantee you that you don't have an answer.

A guarantee eh? Well we havent met yet !! About half of the 10% uninsured that you wanted to subsidized WERE IRresponsible Americans. Either too young to have families, but financially able to take a plan that would cost them less than their cell bill and their gaming habits. Or cases like recent convicts released from prison, gang bangers and addicts who by definitioon are NOT responsible adults. A LARGE part of the uninsured were folks not CHRONICALLY uninsured but in gaps.

That leaves the 5% who were in need and for which we NEVER had to push the 90% of insured to the brink of a 2014 january disaster. This misguided turd missile was NOT just designed to help the 5%, but to showcase what a real Leftist redistribution plan would look like.

Your guarantee aint worth the coupon..

Normally -- you're not this desparate ... OR ill-informed.. The ACA Law Outlawed (not cancelled) his old plan.. Just like they OUTLAWED (not cancelled) mine. Important diff we can discuss if you're not clear on the distinction) Requires him to dive into the pool if he wants health insurance...

To be fair --- he DOESN'T NEED to dive into a State or Federal pool.. He could go to a broker and get the same "GOVERNMENT DESIGNED AND APPROVED" policies WITHOUT supporting the subsidized pool.. But not being the spiteful destructive villain that you paint him to be --- HE CHOSE to place himself at greater risk by JOINING a subsidized pool.

Quite the opposite of what your OP implies there werewolf breath.

No responsible person is gonna leave themselves and their family without healthcare. Aint that the POINT?

Un Fucking believable.

Then why in the hell have you asshole rethugs fought tooth and nail to keep OTHER responsible Americans from having access to healthcare for themselves and their families?

Seems like a fair question to me. But I fuking guarantee you that you don't have an answer.

A guarantee eh? Well we havent met yet !! About half of the 10% uninsured that you wanted to subsidized WERE IRresponsible Americans. Either too young to have families, but financially able to take a plan that would cost them less than their cell bill and their gaming habits. Or cases like recent convicts released from prison, gang bangers and addicts who by definitioon are NOT responsible adults. A LARGE part of the uninsured were folks not CHRONICALLY uninsured but in gaps.

That leaves the 5% who were in need and for which we NEVER had to push the 90% of insured to the brink of a 2014 january disaster. This misguided turd missile was NOT just designed to help the 5%, but to showcase what a real Leftist redistribution plan would look like.

Dude I don't care what percentage number you want to put up, make up or whatever.

Are you REALLY going to try and claim that the Republican party has not fought tooth and nail to keep Obamacare from being implemented?

Are you REALLY that much a liar to try and make that claim? No way. Cause like you said, we don't even know each other.

But as my guarantee stated; you didn't and don't have an answer as to why you view it "responsible" for Rubio to buy health care coverage on the Obamacare exchange, yet your kind (Obamacare haters) wanted to deny other responsible Americans from being able to do same.

That's bull shit and even you know it.

And again, I don't care if it is one person denied and one person applauded for being able to buy this insurance. That hypocrisy. So shove that "it was only 3% that didn't have......take it up with healthmyths. She's all wound up about that shit.

Hypocrites are what Repubs are. Pure plain and simple.

Un Fucking believable.

Dude I don't care what percentage number you want to put up, make up or whatever.

Are you REALLY going to try and claim that the Republican party has not fought tooth and nail to keep Obamacare from being implemented?

Are you REALLY that much a liar to try and make that claim? No way. Cause like you said, we don't even know each other.

But as my guarantee stated; you didn't and don't have an answer as to why you view it "responsible" for Rubio to buy health care coverage on the Obamacare exchange, yet your kind (Obamacare haters) wanted to deny other responsible Americans from being able to do same.

That's bull shit and even you know it.

And again, I don't care if it is one person denied and one person applauded for being able to buy this insurance. That hypocrisy. So shove that "it was only 3% that didn't have......take it up with healthmyths. She's all wound up about that shit.

Hypocrites are what Repubs are. Pure plain and simple.

Democrats lied and made a monstrous legislation against the wishes of the public in order to give some people the chance to buy insurance while taking insurance away from others.

If Democrats had taken the time to craft good legislation and get people on board with it, it would have been a completely different story and you might have some high moral ground to stand on while complaining about Republicans trying to interfere with what Democrats did.

But Democrats didn't take the time to create good legislation which the majority of America could agree with, so you don't have a leg to stand on.

No justification for taking affordable insurance away from millions of Americans to give it to a different set of millions. Especially not by lying to get that done. If Democrats could have told the truth and gotten Americans on board with making the sacrifice, then that would have been justification. But that's not what happened. Democrats lied out their @$$es. And Republicans were right to fight it.

One of Obamacare's biggest critics is now officially covered under the federal health care exchange: Sen. Marco Rubio.

"Senator Rubio spent time looking at all the options and decided to enroll through the D.C. exchange for coverage for him and his family," spokeswoman Brooke Sammon told the Tampa Bay Times.

Rubio, a father of four, also took the federal subsidy afforded to lawmakers and staff — a perk worth up to 75 percent of monthly premium costs — that some Republicans wanted to kill off. Even some lawmakers who have enrolled in the exchange have rejected the taxpayer-funded employer contribution.

Rubio enrolls in Obamacare, takes federal subsidy | Tampa Bay Times

Words...just...fail...me...now...

:evil:

Well it was DEMOCRATS that WROTE the LAW and it was they (only) that passed it. Not one single REPUBLICAN voted for it. Rubio was just following the
Federal Law that was shoved down his throat. He certainly didn't vote for subsidies for congress. You can bet all the Democrats that voted for this subsidy--are taking it.

So

Welcome to your hope and change

140295_600.jpg

Last edited:
Rubio enrolls in Obamacare, takes federal subsidy would be crazy if he did not.

Words...just...fail...me...now...

:evil:

:cuckoo:

it is the law of the land, isn't it?
With the mandate to purchase insurance - otherwise you are breaking the law.

You want a state Senator to break the law?

on the other note - is this a proof of the stellar security of the healthcare.gov, that everybody and even your dog will know who applied and who did not and who got subsidy and who is paying out of pocket?
Do they also publicize the SSN numbers and bank accounts?
and why not?
He's a US Senator, not a state senator and he is required to purchase health insurance through the exchange. He is not required to take the subsidy.

I meant Florida Senator in the US Congress.
Why should not he take the subsidy if he qualifies?

from the link

That Rubio even had to switch from the existing federal plan to the exchange is thanks to Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, who amended the Affordable Care Act to require members of Congress and staff join the exchange. It was viewed as a way to needle Democrats, but Democrats accepted the change.

He had to sign up, by law

fucking dems get waivers to not follow the law, But tards like sallow give a rep shit for doing so.

pity you had to post a link, lying shit

Also from the link:
Sen. Bill Nelson bought his policy on the exchange last week and will also have Medicare Part A, a spokesman said.

Nothing else seems to be mentioned about democrats in general, or specifically in that link... :dunno:

Do you have a link to a story that states something to the effect that "fucking dems get waivers to not follow the law", or are you being as much of a reactionary, partisan political hack as the O/P?

oh my god

Are you truly ignorant of the fact, along with boop, that reids aides got waivers?
That the unions got waivers last year?

Where's the link of dems signing up in droves?

Rubio enrolls in Obamacare, takes federal subsidy would be crazy if he did not.

The way the web-sites are working--we have people who would prefer to pay for their own insurance but are getting shoved into Medicade.

It's possible that Rubio had no CHOICE but to take the subsidy. But even if he knowingly did take the subsidy--IT'S THE LAW OF THE LAND--

Democrats wrote this bill to include subsidies for congress--and that's who is ultimately responsible for them. Regardless of who took them or not.

Obviously LIBERALS are just finding out what is in Obamacare--that they fully supported and have defended all along. Now they're pissed to find out about the subsidies for congress. Too bad--and way to late.

images

You voted for it, you got it!

He was on his investment banker wife's policy. I suppose her insurance company dumped him, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WHO WAS CANCELLED- NOT by O-Care...

I think we are past the point where Obama defenders are getting away with blaming it on the Insurance companies for dropping policy holders.

It's fact people are being dropped by insurance companies because they are following
the law for ObamaCare.

Obama and Sebelius can break or disregard the law by enforcing whatever part suits them.But everyone else has to abide.

Insurers are just doing what they are told.
There are basically two reasons insurance companies have cancelled plans.

1. They decided not to grandfather existing plans.
2. Some states required the carrier cancel plans rather than upgrading the existing plans.

The insurance companies motivation is pretty simple. The current customers have met pre-existing condition requirements so the companies are assuming that they will be more healthier than new customers. So by cancelling or upgrading the plans, they force existing customers to pay higher premiums to offset possibly higher claims for less healthy customers. If the new customers claims are less than expected the companies profits rise. So either way it goes, the insurance companies have their bases covered.

:cuckoo:

it is the law of the land, isn't it?
With the mandate to purchase insurance - otherwise you are breaking the law.

You want a state Senator to break the law?

on the other note - is this a proof of the stellar security of the healthcare.gov, that everybody and even your dog will know who applied and who did not and who got subsidy and who is paying out of pocket?
Do they also publicize the SSN numbers and bank accounts?
and why not?
He's a US Senator, not a state senator and he is required to purchase health insurance through the exchange. He is not required to take the subsidy.

I thought conservatives considered anyone taking government handouts were just sucking off the government tit.

I thought conservatives considered anyone taking government handouts were just sucking off the government tit.

I am not responsible for your delusions.

if the government takes FROM me what it considers I owe it, I will make sure to take back anything the damn government may give me back.

Forum List

Back