Rubio once again denies climate change as Miami's future is bleak

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Miami, the great world city, is drowning while the powers that be look away

Nor will south Florida have to wait that long for the devastation to come. Long before the seas have risen a further three or four feet, there will be irreversible breakdowns in society, he says. "Another foot of sea-level rise will be enough to bring salt water into our fresh water supplies and our sewage system. Those services will be lost when that happens," says Stoddard.

"You won't be able to flush away your sewage and taps will no longer provide homes with fresh water. Then you will find you will no longer be able to get flood insurance for your home. Land and property values will plummet and people will start to leave. Places like South Miami will no longer be able to raise enough taxes to run our neighbourhoods. Where will we find the money to fund police to protect us or fire services to tackle house fires? Will there even be enough water pressure for their fire hoses? It takes us into all sorts of post-apocalyptic scenarios. And that is only with a one-foot sea-level rise. It makes one thing clear though: mayhem is coming."
__________________________________________________________________________________________

South Florida, just like the future of Marco and the Republican Party are very much in doubt.

Nor will south Florida have to wait that long for the devastation to come. Long before the seas have risen a further three or four feet, there will be irreversible breakdowns in society, he says. "Another foot of sea-level rise will be enough to bring salt water into our fresh water supplies and our sewage system. Those services will be lost when that happens," says Stoddard.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA What a bunch of hyperbole

Wait and see Assy.

Wait and see Assy.

Well to begin with the picture of "flooding due to the full moon, high tides and a 10" rise in ocean levels" in the link is actually a photo of a Miami street after a torrential downpour....according to the Miami Herald. Heavy downpours are quite common in Florida, almost a daily affair during the summer.But nice try

"You won't be able to flush away your sewage and taps will no longer provide homes with fresh water. Then you will find you will no longer be able to get flood insurance for your home. Land and property values will plummet and people will start to leave. Places like South Miami will no longer be able to raise enough taxes to run our neighbourhoods. Where will we find the money to fund police to protect us or fire services to tackle house fires? Will there even be enough water pressure for their fire hoses? It takes us into all sorts of post-apocalyptic scenarios. And that is only with a one-foot sea-level rise. It makes one thing clear though: mayhem is coming."
__________________________________________________________________________________________

South Florida, just like the future of Marco and the Republican Party are very much in doubt.

Yo, it`s already in progress in some places! The pounding waves wash sand away, and they end up pumping it back in! This has happened in Florida as long as I can remember! You freaks make shit up, that has no meaning, but dummies like you believe everything you hear, like Global Warming!

"GTP"
737d9554e0a3acd3cb3215db3046-should-ted-cruz-run-for-president-in-2016.jpg

What is South Miami going to do when the water treatment plant is overtaken by salt water? Grow Gills?

But I love it when you deny, deny, deny. Cause your ninth grade education know much more than the scientist that have prediciting the drowning of Miami for some time. By 2020, portions of South Miami will need to place barriers to keep the sea water out. Now where have we heard you deniers before? Oh year....TOBACCO!

I have ardent Republican friends who for years claimed that tobacco did not cause cancer and that nicotine was not addicting. Of course they were parroting the tobacco companies and the Republican party. Scientist and Doctors were right. They are right this time also.

What is South Miami going to do when the water treatment plant is overtaken by salt water? Grow Gills?

But I love it when you deny, deny, deny. Cause your ninth grade education know much more than the scientist that have prediciting the drowning of Miami for some time. By 2020, portions of South Miami will need to place barriers to keep the sea water out. Now where have we heard you deniers before? Oh year....TOBACCO!

I have ardent Republican friends who for years claimed that tobacco did not cause cancer and that nicotine was not addicting. Of course they were parroting the tobacco companies and the Republican party. Scientist and Doctors were right. They are right this time also.

Yo, down here in Tampa, Water Treatment Plants has never had a problem! The problem is people who think like you, and spew crap all the time, we have brains on the Right, and are not gullible!!! You remind me of somebody? Look Below"

"GTP"
Alomq.gif

Yo, down here in Tampa, Water Treatment Plants has never had a problem! The problem is people who think like you, and spew crap all the time, we have brains on the Right, and are not gullible!!! You remind me of somebody? Look Below"

"GTP"
View attachment 67037

Oh, you mean President Hillary Clinton. THANKS!

OMG not this shit again!!

s0n.......this is stated as if it is a high priority in the peoples policy concerns. F'ing duh........nobody is caring about this as they go to vote. Its so far down the list of concerns that it is practically OFF THE LIST!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance: Like 14 people are going to vote with this in mind on Tuesday!!!

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/pew-priorities.jpg.html][/URL]

s0n......one of these days, you gotta consider stepping out of the matrix for a moment of two. You're in deep!!:funnyface::funnyface:

Hillary will save us.

All we need are higher energy taxes and Miami will be saved.

OMG not this shit again!!

s0n.......this is stated as if it is a high priority in the peoples policy concerns. F'ing duh........nobody is caring about this as they go to vote. Its so far down the list of concerns that it is practically OFF THE LIST!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance: Like 14 people are going to vote with this in mind on Tuesday!!!

s0n......one of these days, you gotta consider stepping out of the matrix for a moment of two. You're in deep!!:funnyface::funnyface:

Unless of course you live in South Miami. But I agree that the economy is number one, as we add 200,000+ jobs each month and the unemployment rate continues to drop. But the Democrats have a not so secret weapon. It is called....wait for it.......
i
i
i
i
i
i
i

DONALD TRUMP!

Wow...

The left wing liberal nut cases are out in force tonight..

Lots of hyperbole and not facts to support their rhetoric..

Rubio becoming the establishments little boy is what did him in.. And he is right on the AGW bull shit.. at least he has facts to back up his position.

Wow...

The left wing liberal nut cases are out in force tonight..

Lots of hyperbole and not facts to support their rhetoric..

Rubio becoming the establishments little boy is what did him in.. And he is right on the AGW bull shit.. at least he has facts to back up his position.

Rubio is a scientist? Great to know he will have something to do when he is out of the Senate and jobless.

Miami Beach has put into action an aggressive and expensive plan to combat the effects of sea level rise. As some streets keep flooding from recent king tide events, the city continues rolling out its plan of attack and will spend between $400-$500 million over the next five years doing so. Emily [email protected]

Read more here: King tide causes flooding in parts of South Florida

As usual, the denialists are in full denial.

Miami Beach has put into action an aggressive and expensive plan to combat the effects of sea level rise. As some streets keep flooding from recent king tide events, the city continues rolling out its plan of attack and will spend between $400-$500 million over the next five years doing so. Emily [email protected]

Read more here: King tide causes flooding in parts of South Florida

As usual, the denialists are in full denial.

Why? Little Marco says there's no problem.

Forum List

Back