Rubio says he'd use federal law to crack down on marijuana

Oh look, another small government conservative.
Marco Rubio says as president he would enforce federal law against states that have legalized marijuana.
“Absolutely,” he said Sunday on Meet the Press. “I believe the federal government needs to enforce federal law.” (That part of the interview was short so Rubio's ideas on how far to go are not clear; he's also championed states' rights on various issues.)

But the Florida Republican also said he is open to medical marijuana, provided it goes through the FDA approval process and has true medicinal benefits. “I’m not in favor of legalizing marijuana. I’m not. I never have been.”
Rubio says he d use federal law to crack down on marijuana Tampa Bay Times

So you have a problem with someone who takes the oath of office seriously?
He could lead the drive in Congress to change the law. It's the fact that he's against legalization that is the issue. He's toast.

Yep, Florida voted 55% for it, Co 58, Oregon, washington and Alaska...Legalizing it is very popular...But once again the dumb republicans come out against what is popular.

Marco Rubio says as president he would enforce federal law against states that have legalized marijuana.
“Absolutely,” he said Sunday on Meet the Press. “I believe the federal government needs to enforce federal law.” (That part of the interview was short so Rubio's ideas on how far to go are not clear; he's also championed states' rights on various issues.)

But the Florida Republican also said he is open to medical marijuana, provided it goes through the FDA approval process and has true medicinal benefits. “I’m not in favor of legalizing marijuana. I’m not. I never have been.”

He could lead the drive in Congress to change the law. It's the fact that he's against legalization that is the issue. He's toast.

Most intelligent people are against legalizing it. I don't plan to vote for him but not because of this.
"Most intelligent people are against legalizing it."
LOL. Where the heck did you come up with that?

How is it intelligence to drive it underground and onto the black market??? How is it intelligence to fight the war on drugs and throw hundreds of thousands of people in prison??? The same old shit against booze never worked and you conservatives are a bunch of huge government fucks for not legalizing it.

Most intelligent people are against legalizing it. I don't plan to vote for him but not because of this.

Don't ever claim that you're small over. You just blew that claim out of the fucking water! You're a fascist for stomping down on peoples rights.

What an idiot! He could have gone for the young voters. Instead he actively drives them away. Just like Chris Christie, another out of touch bonehead.

Yea, how could Rubio leave those 18-year-old Republican potheads on the table like that? All nine of them, too.
They drive away people who might be inclined to become conservatives when they talk a good game about freedom and liberty then want to tell you what you can smoke.

But you don't understand true conservatism.

I'm sure a hardcore ubertard is ready to tell me all about the finer tenets of conservatism. Actually, I agree that Repubs aren't doing their selves any favors when it comes to their clamps on liberties. But both parties do it honestly.

How is it intelligence to drive it underground and onto the black market??? How is it intelligence to fight the war on drugs and throw hundreds of thousands of people in prison??? The same old shit against booze never worked and you conservatives are a bunch of huge government fucks for not legalizing it.

That would be throwing hundreds of thousands of CRIMINALS in prison. Of course the war on drugs could be won in less than a year if people had the balls to do it. But that's another discussion.

That would be throwing hundreds of thousands of CRIMINALS in prison. Of course the war on drugs could be won in less than a year if people had the balls to do it. But that's another discussion.
Jesus, people who smoke pot are criminals who need to be thrown in prison? You really are insane. The war on drugs is a horrid disaster. Your fellow cons even agree with me on that point.

Don't ever claim that you're small over. You just blew that claim out of the fucking water! You're a fascist for stomping down on peoples rights.

Fuck you asshole, it's you lefties that want the government meddling in every facet of our lives and then cry like babies when they do it. What ever happened to the lefts supper support of the supremacy clause? And you can correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the one who fully supports the government ignoring the limitations of the enumerated powers? Face it Mat, your no more than any leftist hypocrite.

Last edited:

Jesus, people who smoke pot are criminals who need to be thrown in prison? You really are insane. The war on drugs is a horrid disaster. Your fellow cons even agree with me on that point.

Drama queen much? I don't know of anyone in jail for a joint, most are there for sales and trafficking. Don't want to go to prison, don't break the freaking law.

M #21 is correct.
Rubio says he'd use federal law to crack down on marijuana
I'm terribly sorry to read this. I had strong expectations for Rubio. I thought he was much smarter than this.
Perhaps aqua-lunge wasn't such a fluke after all.

If this report is true, I'm crossing Rubio off the list!

It's starting to look like Kasich may be "the man", though Fiorina may have a slim chance.

Fuck you asshole, it's you lefties that want the government meddling in every facet of our lives and then cry like babies when they do it. What ever happened to the lefts supper support of the supremacy clause? And you can correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the one who fully supports the government ignoring the limitations of the enumerated powers? Face it Mat, your no more than any leftist hypocrite.

Yet, you support using the government to throw thousands of people in prison for smoking a plant. What does that make you?? Hypocrite! If you gave a shit about limited government you'd let people do as they wish and smoke pot.

'W', Cheyney, et al, are free and pot puts people in jail?
No one saying this is right can be taken seriously.

What are you talking about? Federal marijuana law is a joke and the war on drugs has done horrid things with little to no benefit, targeting african americans more then anyone else, legal pot is working well in states, bringing in revenue... Rubio is a idiot.
Targeting African Americans more than anyone else??? What a racist!! In other words, more blacks smoke pot than whites. Show me the link.

Yep, Florida voted 55% for it, Co 58, Oregon, washington and Alaska...Legalizing it is very popular...But once again the dumb republicans come out against what is popular.
And old white haired Democrats like David.

Yet, you support using the government to throw thousands of people in prison for smoking a plant. What does that make you?? Hypocrite! If you gave a shit about limited government you'd let people do as they wish and smoke pot.

Why is it when a law doesn't support you position their people, when it does their criminals. I didn't propose or pass the law, it's the law, either you support law and order or you don't. I do advocate people working to change laws they feel are unjust, but you don't just condone breaking them for expedience. That's what tyrants do and you need look no further than the white house to find one.

Last edited:

Since when do the feds concern themselves with what's popular. If they did we wouldn't have had gay marriage forced on us.

Most intelligent people are against legalizing it.

Just like a lot of intelligent people thought it was a great idea to outlaw alcohol
I don't plan to vote for him but not because of this.

Not? Must be because of his equally great idea to outlaw abortion in that case

:coffee:

Nope, he lost me when he said he wanted to drastically expand the H-1B visa program.

What are you talking about? Federal marijuana law is a joke and the war on drugs has done horrid things with little to no benefit, targeting african americans more then anyone else, legal pot is working well in states, bringing in revenue... Rubio is a idiot.
It is not legal according to federal law

Are you for state's rights or the 10th amendment? A politician cannot stand on a platform stating they are for states rights, and then state they are going to use Federal Law against 23 states that have voter approved medical marijuana laws, and the other 4 states that have voter approved legal status.

Marco Rubio has just committed political suicide. I imagine there will several more out of this Republican herd that will be putting the noose around their necks on this issue soon.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back