Rural states are lost without the electoral college…

You must be drunk. Unless maybe Trump will attack oil, natural gas, and other energy industries to artificially increase the demand for coal. He does seem to be a fan of artificial controls after all.
No, he will not be using the EPA to control anything, he actually has a spine. Lol
Yeah I heard he'll be getting rid of the EPA. Too bad that won't magically increase any demand for coal. :dunno:
Actually up here it would, the only way to get power between towns up here is coal.
Oil and coal are the only sources of Power up here in the Dakotas and Wyoming...
Renewable energy has never worked up here long term, far too unreliable
Hmm it seems you have power right now. I guess your demand is satisfied. Maybe you could volunteer to pay more so that jobs will magically come back to your barely populated state.
We have power thanks to Coal, The most reliable of power sources. They are already starting to rehire the people they had to lay off because of Jack ass EPA shit.
What coal companies are "re-hiring?" And why? Did demand magically go up? Do you have a link?

Without the Electoral college small states would have no representation in national elections… fact

False. Instead of three or four electoral votes they'd have three-quarters of a milliion or however many voters they have.

And they'd have more OF them because finally everybody's vote would count.

Fact.

I see you ran away to post ipse dixit when I spanked your ass on this same point in the previous thread.
I'll do it again too.
I agree with you. I have been arguing that the EC needs to be dropped in favor of the popular vote for years now. Interestingly enough, liberals tend to come back and try to school me on how the majority is not supposed to be able to control the minority. And now, now that the EC has picked the candidate that did not have the majority of votes (lets just assume all votes were legally cast) and that candidate was not theirs, suddenly they say that the majority should have the say. (which I agree with)
personally however, living in Maryland and seeing my vote not count year after year, I would love to see a majority vote instead of the EC.
even if that would have meant that the whore Hillary won.

No, he will not be using the EPA to control anything, he actually has a spine. Lol
Yeah I heard he'll be getting rid of the EPA. Too bad that won't magically increase any demand for coal. :dunno:
Actually up here it would, the only way to get power between towns up here is coal.
Oil and coal are the only sources of Power up here in the Dakotas and Wyoming...
Hmm it seems you have power right now. I guess your demand is satisfied. Maybe you could volunteer to pay more so that jobs will magically come back to your barely populated state.
We have power thanks to Coal, The most reliable of power sources. They are already starting to rehire the people they had to lay off because of Jack ass EPA shit.
What coal companies are "re-hiring?" And why? Did demand magically go up? Do you have a link?
Buckskin coal mine, black thunder coal mine, powder river coal mine just name a few. My brother got his reliability engineer job back just yesterday. Of course demand will go up when Trump illuminates the EPA regulations

Without the Electoral college small states would have no representation in national elections… fact

False. Instead of three or four electoral votes they'd have three-quarters of a milliion or however many voters they have.

Fact.

I see you ran away to post ipse dixit when I spanked your ass on this same point in the previous thread.
I'll do it again too.
I agree with you. I have been arguing that the EC needs to be dropped in favor of the popular vote for years now. Interestingly enough, liberals tend to come back and try to school me on how the majority is not supposed to be able to control the minority. And now, now that the EC has picked the candidate that did not have the majority of votes (lets just assume all votes were legally cast) and that candidate was not theirs, suddenly they say that the majority should have the say. (which I agree with)
personally however, living in Maryland and seeing my vote not count year after year, I would love to see a majority vote instead of the EC.
Without the EC the northern plains states votes would be a waste of time, money and resources. Fact

Buckskin coal mine, black thunder coal mine, powder river coal mine just name a few. My brother got his reliability engineer job back just yesterday. Of course demand will go up when Trump illuminates the EPA regulations
No links of course. Was anyone fired so that you're brother could get that job?

Anyways, here I have a link for you: Trump Promised Big On Coal. Can He Deliver?

Fact.

I'll do it again too.
Without the EC the northern plains states votes would be a waste of time, money and resources. Fact
I agree, but there really Is no fair way to do this, unless each state was only good for 1 EC vote.

Anyways, here I have a link for you: Trump Promised Big On Coal. Can He Deliver?
Are you helpless, anybody can look up what coal mines are in Wyoming. The black thunder coal mine was going to shut down because of the EPA regulations that barry put in. That's going to change. No one was fired when they are hiring.:cuckoo:

Fact.

I'll do it again too.
I agree, but there really Is no fair way to do this, unless each state was only good for 1 EC vote.
That would be OK

Are you helpless, anybody can look up what coal mines are in Wyoming. The black thunder coal mine was going to shut down because of the EPA regulations that barry put in. That's going to change. No one was fired when they are hiring.:cuckoo:
Unless Trump goes after natural gas and oil, coal jobs are not coming back. Congratulations to your brother. He managed to get a job in an industry with dwindling demand. Maybe Trump will have the government pay him like we already do farmers who put out more supply than there is demand.

Unless Trump goes after natural gas and oil, coal jobs are not coming back. Congratulations to your brother. He managed to get a job in an industry with dwindling demand. Maybe Trump will have the government pay him like we already do farmers who put out more supply than there is demand.
Up here they are coming back, because there's no other way to reliability power the northern plains… Fact

Up here they are coming back, because there's no other way to reliability power the northern plains… Fact
The northern plains have power right now. Demand is currently being met. Good luck getting Trump to attack other energy industries for no reason. :thup:

The northern plains have power right now. Demand is currently being met. Good luck getting Trump to attack other energy industries for no reason. :thup:
There are no other energy sources up here.

130313-Black-Thunder-Coal-Mine.jpg

There are no other energy sources up here.
Yes we've established that already. Good luck getting Trump to attack other energy industries to increase the demand for yours.

OMG I feel so much like posting this in every Electoral College thread.

CxChqvHUcAAkUzN.jpg

The Electoral College gives a fairer representation to states in a presidential election. The popular vote gives a fairer representation to individuals. So which is more important, a fairer representation of the states or the individual?

A hundred or two hundred years ago, the opinions and needs of the people in say, North Dakota was far different than the people in New York therefore we needed an equalizer so we do no disregard the people simply because they live in a state with a smaller population. However the different in attitudes and needs of the people in the different states is far less today than in the past and it will be far less in the future because people are becoming far more mobile, better educated, and are experiencing more and more of the same problems. In the future, I believe a fairer representation of individual will be more important than the states.

Forum List

Back