Russia: Clinton or Trump?

Missouri_Mike

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2012
Stealing this thread idea from CrusaderFrank.

Why would Russia want Trump over Clinton. And if you think they would why?

They already owned Clinton. Her brother in the uranium deal. Her putting it together. Bill getting a cool half mill for a speech and a boost to the local hooker economy. Hillary wasn't going to change from a reset button to a tougher stance. She wasn't going to oppose anything they wanted.

So. Why would they want Trump over her, someone they already owned.

They already owned Clinton. Her brother in the uranium deal. Her putting it together. Bill getting a cool half mill for a speech and a boost to the local hooker economy. Hillary wasn't going to change from a reset button to a tougher stance. She wasn't going to oppose anything they wanted.

I believe Russia wanted Trump as they realized he is a political neophyte, who is not owned by big business and in fact, openly stated opposition to the Iraq war and other hard right premises. Quite frankly I don't think that Russia feared either Clinton or Trump, they would reserve their biggest fears for Jeb Bush or Cruz. However, of the two, Clinton would have probably have been softer on Russia, but also a much easier and predictable lackey for her donors, and thus easier for Russia to manipulate and influence. Whether her administration realised it or not.

Why else would Putin so obviously offend Clinton even though he and his intel had to have believed that she would win? He was poking the Democrats and sending a message "we can do things to you, even if you have the big military and money backers". It was slight arrogance on his part, also, a thumping of the chest to show "we Russians no fear you!"

Ironically, I believe Clinton would have been a much easier target for the Russians post election. I believe this because Clinton is deeply entrenched, a career politician who is supremely self serving and has a sense of entitlement. They also had plenty of intel and email information on her already.

Trump may have a big ego; as do most if not all successful businessman, but, he doesn't feel entitled nor beholden to anyone. Due to this, Russia cannot utilize the traditional MICE acronym against Trump (money, ideology, Compromise, Ego), he showed during the election that even the most offensive video footage didn't disuade his supporters. In effect, they cannot blackmail Trump, contrary to all of the experts on the subject I hear on CNN.

With all due respect to these former operatives who I hear on TV, I would love to hear how Russia intended to compromise Trump. Everyone saw the entire world against Trump, accusations from every corner, video releases, old audio, old enemies coming out of the woodwork. It didn't stop him. Just how would Russia expect to impact him after he was elected president? It would be 1000x more difficult. They could release the most disturbing video and people would shrug, "hey he was not a politician then", "hey, at least he's not a politician, we know he wasn't perfect". Anything Russia would attempt post election would only cause them more difficulties. It is counter productive to them.

So, in the end, I believe Putin believed, better to take his chances with someone who is not ideologically rigid and not entrenched in the old Conservative adage that Russia is bad all the time, rather than to deal with someone who would start a war against Russia simply for personal financial benefit. Ultimately though, not even Putin could have thought Trump would win.

I believe Russia wanted Trump as they realized he is a political neophyte, who is not owned by big business and in fact, openly stated opposition to the Iraq war and other hard right premises. Quite frankly I don't think that Russia feared either Clinton or Trump, they would reserve their biggest fears for Jeb Bush or Cruz. However, of the two, Clinton would have probably have been softer on Russia, but also a much easier and predictable lackey for her donors, and thus easier for Russia to manipulate and influence. Whether her administration realised it or not.

Why else would Putin so obviously offend Clinton even though he and his intel had to have believed that she would win? He was poking the Democrats and sending a message "we can do things to you, even if you have the big military and money backers". It was slight arrogance on his part, also, a thumping of the chest to show "we Russians no fear you!"

Ironically, I believe Clinton would have been a much easier target for the Russians post election. I believe this because Clinton is deeply entrenched, a career politician who is supremely self serving and has a sense of entitlement. They also had plenty of intel and email information on her already.

Trump may have a big ego; as do most if not all successful businessman, but, he doesn't feel entitled nor beholden to anyone. Due to this, Russia cannot utilize the traditional MICE acronym against Trump (money, ideology, Compromise, Ego), he showed during the election that even the most offensive video footage didn't disuade his supporters. In effect, they cannot blackmail Trump, contrary to all of the experts on the subject I hear on CNN.

With all due respect to these former operatives who I hear on TV, I would love to hear how Russia intended to compromise Trump. Everyone saw the entire world against Trump, accusations from every corner, video releases, old audio, old enemies coming out of the woodwork. It didn't stop him. Just how would Russia expect to impact him after he was elected president? It would be 1000x more difficult. They could release the most disturbing video and people would shrug, "hey he was not a politician then", "hey, at least he's not a politician, we know he wasn't perfect". Anything Russia would attempt post election would only cause them more difficulties. It is counter productive to them.

So, in the end, I believe Putin believed, better to take his chances with someone who is not ideologically rigid and not entrenched in the old Conservative adage that Russia is bad all the time, rather than to deal with someone who would start a war against Russia simply for personal financial benefit. Ultimately though, not even Putin could have thought Trump would win.
That is not bad. I don't agree with all of it but awesome reply. I will have to get back to you on it.

I kind of changed my mind. Not sure I can disagree with any of that.

Hilarious.

The rubes are twisting in knots to rationalize Trump's connections with Russia.

cd2789f101a115ee7ac5f4e2a8ba-6360155002864306931045846527_483208412-r.jpg

Hilarious.

Not the point of the thread but you give me a connection stronger than any of the Clinton ones and we may get back on topic. If you can't do that and insist on running through the thread like a retarded kid on a sugar high maybe you should find something to post on in the rubber room.

Hilarious.

]

Let's assume you are right about this. Who had the bigger and broader boost? Clinton with the Obama's, 1000 of celebrities, 95% of media, the Pope, global leaders, $1.5B, all of the left, half of the Right, or, Trump and some leaks that most Americans probably didn't read?

It's not Trumps fault Clinton went for naps and didn't have the energy to visit every location and make her argument. It's not his fault she relied on her surrogates to "sell her". Most importantly, it's an was an unfortunate time to be a politician, American voters were sick of the Establishment.

Russia didn't believe he would win. Noone did. Deep down not even Trump believed he would win, but he sure as hell didn't leave anything on the table. He was tireless and passionate, motivated as anyone in history to win. His Will and effort overcame the forces against him, plus, his message resonated. Americans are tired of being exploited the world over.

There are no guarantees of course, he has to deliver. However, he won the election fair and square.

Forum List

Back