🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Russia urges US to act in lockstep with Syria to crush IS

Oh how fascinating. Is Russia doing that?
Neither did Russia form the coalition, nor is it a passive player. Russia delivers arms to the armies of Syria and Iraq.

It is clear that any serious US efforts to fight ISIS in Syria require the permit of and the coordination with the Syrian government. What the US is currently doing, is ignoring the Syrian sovereignty and President Assad said in in interview that the coalition´s campaign in Syria did not change anything at the frontiers, as the soldiers didn´t detect any difference compared with the situation before the coalition launched the attacks.

Neither did Russia form the coalition, nor is it a passive player. Russia delivers arms to the armies of Syria and Iraq.

It is clear that any serious US efforts to fight ISIS in Syria require the permit of and the coordination with the Syrian government. What the US is currently doing, is ignoring the Syrian sovereignty and President Assad said in in interview that the coalition´s campaign in Syria did not change anything at the frontiers, as the soldiers didn´t detect any difference compared with the situation before the coalition launched the attacks.
Oh so they're not doing what they want us to do? Sounds to me like they should stfu.

Oh so they're not doing what they want us to do? Sounds to me like they should stfu.
Russia only means that the coalition´s campaign in Syria is a lousy joke. It is very clear that the US occupied the war against ISIS, excluding Syria and Iraq, the both countries all that is about, from the coalition.

I don´t think that Russia expects that the US will now work with the Syrian government. Russia addressed the bogus nature of the coalition, instead.

Russia only means that the coalition´s campaign in Syria is a lousy joke. It is very clear that the US occupied the war against ISIS, excluding Syria and Iraq, the both countries all that is about, from the coalition.

I don´t think that Russia expects that the US will now work with the Syrian government. Russia addressed the bogus nature of the coalition, instead.
Yes I'm sure Russia is laughing its ass off that the US still wants to fuck around in the middle east disaster zone. I can believe that.

Rather not laughing but concerned.
Are they more, or less concerned than they were about the Iraq war when they did nothing there too?
At least, Russia delivered aircrafts to Iraq when the US refused to deliver the F16s Iraq has already paid for.
Oh yeah I remember that. People were talking about that last year when it was Al Qaeda that took Fallujah and Ramadi. I wonder who will take those cities next year?

The jets, by the way, are supposed to be arriving this summer. There was a worry Maliki would use them unwisely. Anyways now the worry is that Iraqi's don't know how to fly the things anyways. Alas. :dunno:

I don´t think that the security situation will have improved by summer. And hopefully, if the planes are really delivered, they won´t be dropped to ISIS by accident...

Well, apparently, the US fears, Iran could get its hands on some F-16. Or the US is simply not interested in helping the Iraqi government. That has been the case until now.

Forum List

Back