RW’s: because children have freedom of speech, does that mean kids should own guns too?

Now, I know your answer to that is “no”, but think about this: what does that say about the 2nd amendment’s limitations? Doesn’t that mean gun control already has a legal precedent? If you think current gun control laws are illegal, then WHY would giving guns to kids be an exception when we think about the legal bounds of the constitution? After all kids are not at all mentioned in the amendment.

Pssst. Don’t tell anyone, but kids own guns.

Well if a punishment is not a legal punishment, then what else could that punishment be?

This is the part where Billy realizes he doesn't know what he really means when he uses the term "legal."
Lol you try way too hard. Legal punishments apply to crimes being committed. It doesn’t get simpler than that.

So speeding is a crime? How about jaywalking? Not putting enough money in the parking meter? How about spacing the electical outlets too far apart in the new home you're building? What makes one thing a "crime" and something else the government punishes you for "not a crime?"
Lol yes good god. Speeding, jaywalking, over expired parking, and violating building codes are all CRIMES.
Then violating school regulations is a crime. If the EPA can pass a regulation saying you have to have some doodad on your engine, and not doing that is a crime, then how is not following some school regulation not a crime?
Lol I don’t make the rules. It’s just a fact that violating school rules isn’t a crime.

This is the part where Billy realizes he doesn't know what he really means when he uses the term "legal."
Lol you try way too hard. Legal punishments apply to crimes being committed. It doesn’t get simpler than that.

So speeding is a crime? How about jaywalking? Not putting enough money in the parking meter? How about spacing the electical outlets too far apart in the new home you're building? What makes one thing a "crime" and something else the government punishes you for "not a crime?"
Lol yes good god. Speeding, jaywalking, over expired parking, and violating building codes are all CRIMES.
Then violating school regulations is a crime. If the EPA can pass a regulation saying you have to have some doodad on your engine, and not doing that is a crime, then how is not following some school regulation not a crime?
Lol I don’t make the rules. It’s just a fact that violating school rules isn’t a crime.
Neither is jaywalking or violating the building code.

Nope. Those are crimes.

Nope. Those are crimes.
Violating the building code is a crime? Could you tell me where you get this definition of "crime?" I want to see a piece of legislation that defines it.

WTF do you mean by legal punishments? Criminal punishments, no, but punishment is punishment.
Somehow a speeding ticket isn't "legal," but armed robbery is. That appears to be his theory.

I'm guessing that too, but I was also expecting he might say suspensions or expulsions are illegal punishments. You never know. :dunno:
Somehow he has to make the case that some government imposed punishments don't matter to the Constitution, while others do.

I'm just confused because I never heard the term Legal Punishment until today. As far as I know, punishment is punishment. If it's not legal punishment, then it can only be illegal punishment.
So if you get suspended from your job because you violated the rules, that isn’t a form of punishment? It’s not a legal punishment because you didn’t necessarily break a law.

I see, so you created a term you yourself don't understand.

When you say Legal Punishment, that is defined as punishment that is within our laws. If there is any punishment that is against our laws, then it's illegal punishment. Therefore if my employer fires me for whatever, that is legal punishment because he didn't break any laws. Now if my employer is a minority and he fires me because I'm white, that would be an illegal punishment because you can't fire somebody because of their race.

Now, I know your answer to that is “no”, but think about this: what does that say about the 2nd amendment’s limitations? Doesn’t that mean gun control already has a legal precedent? If you think current gun control laws are illegal, then WHY would giving guns to kids be an exception when we think about the legal bounds of the constitution? After all kids are not at all mentioned in the amendment.
I was using firearms since I was 13. Before I was 18, I was an expert marksman. Age isn't the issue. It's responsibility and safety. In colonial days, everyone owned guns. Children went hunting for food. They helped protect their homes and communities. Why are some people stressing about guns? They are tools. Nothing more. Cars are much more dangerous than guns.

Jaywalking, speeding, etc are misdemeanors, which are defined as low level crimes.

Somehow a speeding ticket isn't "legal," but armed robbery is. That appears to be his theory.

I'm guessing that too, but I was also expecting he might say suspensions or expulsions are illegal punishments. You never know. :dunno:
Somehow he has to make the case that some government imposed punishments don't matter to the Constitution, while others do.

I'm just confused because I never heard the term Legal Punishment until today. As far as I know, punishment is punishment. If it's not legal punishment, then it can only be illegal punishment.
So if you get suspended from your job because you violated the rules, that isn’t a form of punishment? It’s not a legal punishment because you didn’t necessarily break a law.

I see, so you created a term you yourself don't understand.

When you say Legal Punishment, that is defined as punishment that is within our laws. If there is any punishment that is against our laws, then it's illegal punishment. Therefore if my employer fires me for whatever, that is legal punishment because he didn't break any laws. Now if my employer is a minority and he fires me because I'm white, that would be an illegal punishment because you can't fire somebody because of their race.

When he says "legal punishment," I think he means punishment resulting from our laws. But, of course, all government punishment results from our laws. We have a law that says public schools can set rules that students have to follow. When they punish a student for not following the rules, then the punishment he recieves is a "legal punishment" according to his definition. Of course, he will never give you a definition of the term because then you could point out all the contradictions in it.

Last edited:

Jaywalking, speeding, etc are misdemeanors, which are defined as low level crimes.
What about spacing your electrical sockets too far apart?

When he says "legal punishment," I think he means punishment resulting from our laws.

Well that would be government punishment or criminal punishment. To me, the words Legal Punishment means punishment that didn't violate any laws.
Well after this completely pointless debate we had, can you now admit you support gun control? After all, you already support kids not having guns. This should be easy for you.

When he says "legal punishment," I think he means punishment resulting from our laws.

Well that would be government punishment or criminal punishment. To me, the words Legal Punishment means punishment that didn't violate any laws.
Well after this completely pointless debate we had, can you now admit you support gun control? After all, you already support kids not having guns. This should be easy for you.

No, I don't support it. We have plenty of gun laws on the books already. Plus I realize any new gun law would not disarm the criminal, it would only disarm the victim which has been the Democrat goal all along.

The answer is not "no" the answer is yes. I have had guns since I was 7 years old.

Show me the law that says a child can't own a firearm with their parents consent...I'll wait.
The point is, it’s illegal for children to buy guns. It doesn’t fucking matter if they get parental consent.

Yes it is, but it shouldn't be. that's one of many unnecessary and idiotic gun control laws already on the books that are not effective.

:banghead:
As a child I had full access to guns and ammo all my life, I was given my first gun for my birthday at the age of 12. The difference between now and then, people don't teach their children that actions have consequences and personal responsibility. Children back then were taught never to consider aiming a gun at another person, of course we were also taught to respect teachers and police. If we violated those rules there was a major price to pay, thanks to you regressives, it's not like that anymore.

So take your little play gotcha questions and shove it up your ass, people like you are responsible for the shape this country is in today. Enjoy MF.

lol what’s funny about this, ok Texas, is that you actually think your anecdotal experience as a child somehow serves as an example of legal precedent of anything.

At the age of 11 I walked into a Western Auto store and legally purchased a 20ga shotgun and a box of ammo, walked the 6 blocks home and no one thought a damn thing about it, how's that for a legal precedent, It should be like that today.

:bang3:

So you got nothing when I answered your stupid question in the OP? Let children have guns and let darwin sort them out. No reason to just let the little gang bangers have them.

How else can this be explained to you? Your personal experience with guns means DICK when it comes to creating laws.

Hey stupid! We are citing personal experience to demonstrate that the law is bull shit and it quite correctly debunks your entire OP. just because you don't like that doesn't mean our post is invalid.

:banghead:
lol what’s funny about this, ok Texas, is that you actually think your anecdotal experience as a child somehow serves as an example of legal precedent of anything.

At the age of 11 I walked into a Western Auto store and legally purchased a 20ga shotgun and a box of ammo, walked the 6 blocks home and no one thought a damn thing about it, how's that for a legal precedent, It should be like that today.

:bang3:

So you got nothing when I answered your stupid question in the OP? Let children have guns and let darwin sort them out. No reason to just let the little gang bangers have them.

How else can this be explained to you? Your personal experience with guns means DICK when it comes to creating laws.

Hey stupid! We are citing personal experience to demonstrate that the law is bull shit and it quite correctly debunks your entire OP. just because you don't like that doesn't mean our post is invalid.
That is so stupid. You’re basicsllly saying it should be legal to give any 5 year old a gun. How do you think that would pan out if it was legal nation wide to just let kids buy guns? It astounds me you people struggle with such basic logic.

Forum List

Back