Sadly 2 lions are killed for doing what they do...

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
While standing / slowly moving along in a long, winding line for an amusement park ride, I came upon a huge bolder covered in thousands of pieces of chewing gum. There was a plague on the giant rock that read 'DO NOT LICK THE ROCK'. It dawned on me that the reason the amusement park had to place this plaque on the rock is because at some point some idiot actually LICKED THE ROCK.

What's this got to do with the title / story?

"Two lions in a zoo in Chile were killed after they severely mauled a man who stripped naked and entered their enclosure in an apparent suicide attempt"

“The zoo has an established protocol because people’s lives are very important to us,” said zoo Director Alejandra Montalba.

The lions, unfortunately, were killed for doing what they do because some disturbed person jumped into their enclosure. It wasn't their fault. They did not do anything 'wrong' - again, they did what is natural to them. The zoo, however, killed them anyway to protect the nut who jumped in with them.

You could look at it as an intruder broke into their 'house', they defended themselves, and they were killed by 'the authorities' for doing so. I am half-way joking here as I am not saying the lives of the lions were 'more valuable than a person's and that the zoo did anything wrong.

The zoo will probably be sued by the nut's family for having an open-air enclosure that allowed the individual to jump in with them. The zoo will probably end up putting up huge fencing, making it less easy / natural to see the animals....all because some nut 'LICKED THE ROCK'.

I do have some sympathy for the individual. His life must have been truly troubled for him to have considered committing suicide by jumping into an enclosure with lions and being mauled to death. I hope he gets help. By doing what he did, however, HE killed those lions just as surely as if he was armed with a gun, entered the enclosure, shot them himself, and then was shot and captured by the authorities. He caused their deaths, and - consumed with his own misery and the desire to end it - probably did not think for a second or care what would happen to the lions.

Does it sound like I care about the animals? Good, because I do. I worked in a zoo while going through college. I took care of rhinos, elephants, giraffes, and other animals. Zoos are for sharing magnificent animals with the public. They have no say about being and living in captivity. The zoos are responsible for the treatment and care of these animals, and the people who visit should treat these animals with respect. I have witnessed many cases of just the opposite, such as visitors feeding lit cigarettes to llamas, throwing rocks at lions and other animals to try to get them to move. Unfortunately in this case these lions had to be put down (to protect the life of the individual) for no real fault of their own. They only did what comes natural.

Hopefully the zoo will take the proper steps to better protect both people and animals in the future.

Two Lions Killed After Man Strips Naked and Jumps Into Middle of Lion’s Den in Apparent Suicide Attempt

So why did you lick the rock?
Did I do something to you personally? Or was this your random attempt at humor? Just wondering why you made the conscious decision to attack me personally after this story....

What a fucked up story. Yes, the lions were just being lions and this guy is responsible for their deaths.

I hope he gets help, too.
------------------------------- the guy is just a faulty individual . No help exists for him except maybe a rubber room and straightjacket .---------------- just a comment .

This is a great analogy for modern liberalism.

Man strips down and jumps into a lion cage and gets killed??

It's the Lions fault....kill em.

Forum List

Back