Salt...I hate to say "I told you so"...but I did.

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Going without is more dangerous that consuming *too much*.

"...unknown to many shoppers urged to buy foods that are “low sodium” and “low salt,” this longstanding warning has come under assault by scientists who say that typical American salt consumption is without risk.
"Moreover, according to studies published in recent years by pillars of the medical community, the low levels of salt recommended by the government might actually be dangerous."

Yup it can result in electrolyte disturbance which in turn can fuck with the rhythm of your heartbeat, and that can kill you.
More scientists doubt salt is as bad for you as the government says - The Washington Post

"...“There is no longer any valid basis for the current salt guidelines,” said Andrew Mente, a professor at McMaster University in Ontario and one of the researchers involved in a major study published last year by the New England Journal of Medicine. “So why are we still scaring people about salt?”

Because progressive nutbags are hysterical about this sort of thing. They are also inexplicably and wrong-headedly terrified of red meat.

More scientists doubt salt is as bad for you as the government says - The Washington Post

but but. wasn't there a "consensus' of scientist or something?

I guess I've wouldn have been called a, salt denier..... because I never believed it in the first place. remember how they claimed: eggs, coffee, etc were all BAD BAD for us.

but now they want us to take their word on how HUMANS are the cause of Globull warming

youbetca

but but. wasn't there a "consensus' of scientist or something?

I guess I've wouldn have been called a, salt denier..... because I never believed it in the first place. remember how they claimed: eggs, coffee, etc were all BAD BAD for us.

but now they want us to take their word on how HUMANS are the cause of Globull warming

youbetca
I thought the science was settled, and stuff.

Everything in moderation.
I can say, however, after dining at a chain restaurant, I feel like I've dined on a salt lick.
That's because they're trying to mask the fact that their food tastes like crap without it.

An electrolyte imbalance can cause cardiac arrest, however that is usually caused by low potassium levels.

The way low sodium levels kill people is by interfering with your sodium/potassium ion pump function. This can result hyponatraemic encephalopathy, causing your brain stem, which controls vital functions, to get forced into your foramen magnum of your skull. That results in the cessation of all vital functions and you die.

If you are healthy, any excess sodium in your body will be filtered out by your kidneys and you will literally piss it out.

The reason a low sodium diet can lower blood pressure is because hyponatremia lowers your blood volume, just as losing a lot of blood lowers blood volume. Basically, a low sodium diet lowers blood pressure by making you sick.

I can say, however, after dining at a chain restaurant, I feel like I've dined on a salt lick.

Agreed. The worst overuse of salt, imo, is in processed-packaged foods. One shouldn't eat those for the sugar and refined carbs, so the salt is the least of the potential issues.

"...unknown to many shoppers urged to buy foods that are “low sodium” and “low salt,” this longstanding warning has come under assault by scientists who say that typical American salt consumption is without risk.
"Moreover, according to studies published in recent years by pillars of the medical community, the low levels of salt recommended by the government might actually be dangerous."

Yup it can result in electrolyte disturbance which in turn can fuck with the rhythm of your heartbeat, and that can kill you.
Well at least you didnt claim salt doesnt dehydrate you like you did last time. :laugh:

I was so pissed..I was looking at sugar free coffee creamer the other day...#2 ingredient...HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP. The fucking assholes!

Well at least you didnt claim salt doesnt dehydrate you like you did last time. :laugh:

Salt doesn't dehydrate, you loon. Unless you're wrapped up in it and hung in the smokehouse.

Agreed. The worst overuse of salt, imo, is in processed-packaged foods. One shouldn't eat those for the sugar and refined carbs, so the salt is the least of the potential issues.

that right there was the main reason for the obesity problem, plus lack of exercise because of those electronics that helped in making our lives better. When I was a youngster, many moons ago.... I was outside until the last ray of daylight. Of course we didn't have all that fancy electronics like Gameboys, etc back then...lol

Salt doesn't dehydrate, you loon. Unless you're wrapped up in it and hung in the smokehouse.
Why do you get thristy after eating something salty? Think hard. :laugh:

that right there was the main reason for the obesity problem, plus lack of exercise because of those electronics that helped in making our lives better. When I was a youngster, many moons ago.... I was outside until the last ray of daylight. Of course we didn't have all that fancy electronics like Gameboys, etc back then...lol

I have a bunch of brothers and sisters. When we were kids we were not allowed to hang out inside of the house unless the weather was horrible or it was after sunset. We were free range kids. There's a growing movement these days to get back to free ranging kids - but it requires a suburban or rural environment, imo.

Hey. I think you just invented a new fetish.

Buy Kosher salt or sea salt. It tastes great and it's good for you.

Why do you treat dehydration with IV saline? Think hard!

Buy Kosher salt or sea salt. It tastes great and it's good for you.
Regular salt is good too.

Why do you treat dehydration with IV saline? Think hard!
You never answered my question. Why not? Think hard.
laugh.gif

And why is Gatorade loaded with salt?

Forum List

Back