Salt...I hate to say "I told you so"...but I did.

Going without is more dangerous that consuming *too much*.

"...unknown to many shoppers urged to buy foods that are “low sodium” and “low salt,” this longstanding warning has come under assault by scientists who say that typical American salt consumption is without risk.
"Moreover, according to studies published in recent years by pillars of the medical community, the low levels of salt recommended by the government might actually be dangerous."

Yup it can result in electrolyte disturbance which in turn can fuck with the rhythm of your heartbeat, and that can kill you.
More scientists doubt salt is as bad for you as the government says - The Washington Post
Well at least you didnt claim salt doesnt dehydrate you like you did last time. :laugh:

Salt doesn't dehydrate, you loon. Unless you're wrapped up in it and hung in the smokehouse.
Why do you get thristy after eating something salty? Think hard. :laugh:

And why is Gatorade loaded with salt?
Why do you get thirsty after eating salty food?

"...unknown to many shoppers urged to buy foods that are “low sodium” and “low salt,” this longstanding warning has come under assault by scientists who say that typical American salt consumption is without risk.
"Moreover, according to studies published in recent years by pillars of the medical community, the low levels of salt recommended by the government might actually be dangerous."

Yup it can result in electrolyte disturbance which in turn can fuck with the rhythm of your heartbeat, and that can kill you.
More scientists doubt salt is as bad for you as the government says - The Washington Post
Well at least you didnt claim salt doesnt dehydrate you like you did last time. :laugh:

Salt doesn't dehydrate, you loon. Unless you're wrapped up in it and hung in the smokehouse.

That all depends on how salty it is. Just tasting of salt doesn't make something cause dehydration. A certain amount of salt is necessary to help the body retain moisture. That's why rehydration drinks often contain salt.

That all depends on how salty it is. Just tasting of salt doesn't make something cause dehydration. A certain amount of salt is necessary to help the body retain moisture. That's why rehydration drinks often contain salt.
Thats not what I asked. I asked why do you get thirsty after eating salty food? Is it due to dehydration or gremlins?

Thats not what I asked. I asked why do you get thirsty after eating salty food? Is it due to dehydration or gremlins?

Asked and answered. It depends on how much salt they contain - and how much one has developed a Pavlovian response to want a frosty beverage after eating salty snacks.

Asked and answered. It depends on how much salt they contain - and how much one has developed a Pavlovian response to want a frosty beverage after eating salty snacks.
No you didnt answer my question. I didnt ask how much salt they ate. I asked why do you get thirsty when you eat salty food?

Why do you treat dehydration with IV saline? Think hard!
You never answered my question. Why not? Think hard.
laugh.gif
I don't get thirsty after eating salt.
And why do you think people take salt tablets when they're out in the wilderness?

Think hard!

Why do you treat dehydration with IV saline? Think hard!
You never answered my question. Why not? Think hard.
laugh.gif
I don't get thirsty after eating salt.
And why do you think people take salt tablets when they're out in the wilderness?

Think hard!
Everbody else gets thirsty. Why do they get thirsty? There is a medical answer. Think hard now.

Last edited:
A high quality sea salt is full of benefical minerals and not processed like the typical shitty table salt.

No you didnt answer my question. I didnt ask how much salt they ate. I asked why do you get thirsty when you eat salty food?

I suggest you look up the impact of salt on the human system. A search engine is your friend.

Since Kosher and Bodeccie want to play games lets look at what actually happens when you eat salty food.

The presence of the salt pulls all the water out of the cells thereby dehydrating the cell.
Your body then forces you to drink in order to restore the balance.

I suggest you look up the impact of salt on the human system. A search engine is your friend.
I have a doctor as a friend and a RN as a wife. No need to look up anything

That's your motto, ignoramus. You never look anything up. Because you're an ignoramus.

My niece is a doctor and my mom was an RN.

And yet you're still an idiot.

"
Hyponatremia -- what is it?
Hyponatremia means a low concentration of sodium in the blood. When it occurs in triathletes, it usually happens during long or ultra-distance races in the heat but may occur anytime. It is estimated that approximately 30% of the finishers of the Hawaii Ironman are both hyponatremic and dehydrated. The longer the race, the greater the risk of hyponatremia.
What causes it?
The exact mechanisms are not fully understood and I won't go into the complex physiologic pathways of sodium and water balance. The simplest answer is that lost sweat (salt and water) is replaced by ingested water (no salt). This dilutes the sodium in the bloodstream, and hyponatremia results. Longer races carry a greater risk of hyponatremia because of the total amount of sweat lost. During exercise in the heat, more salt is lost in sweat per hour than is usually replaced by food and fluids, including sports drinks. Your body can tolerate a degree of imbalance for a short period of time, but it may decompensate if this continues for too long.
Sweat contains between 2.25 - 3.4 grams of salt per liter, and the rate of perspiration in a long, hot race can easily average 1 liter per hour. So, for a 12 hour race, one could lose approximately 27 to 41 grams of salt. If the athlete replaces only the lost water and has minimal salt intake, hyponatremia can result.

Treatment
Minor symptoms, such as nausea and mild muscle cramps, can be treated by eating salty foods and hydrating with a sodium containing sports drink. More severe symptoms require treatment by qualified medical personnel. If you think you are suffering from hyponatremia or are unsure, seek medical attention immediately.
Salt and the Athlete

PS..you're an idiot.

PPS...you're an idiot. You appear to derive some sort of masochistic pleasure from being spanked over..and over...and over...and over...on the exact same topics over...and over...and over....

Probably has something to do with your lack of comprehension skills, combined with your refusal to look things up.

And actually, I understand. It's hard to effectively search information if you are incapable of forming a coherent sentence, and the sentences you do form have nothing to do with the idea you're trying to get across. I have no doubt internet searches or library research is next to impossible for you, thus frustrating. Hence your dependence on urban legend and rumor for your meager store of knowledge.

That's your motto, ignoramus. You never look anything up. Because you're an ignoramus.

"
Hyponatremia means a low concentration of sodium in the blood. When it occurs in triathletes, it usually happens during long or ultra-distance races in the heat but may occur anytime. It is estimated that approximately 30% of the finishers of the Hawaii Ironman are both hyponatremic and dehydrated. The longer the race, the greater the risk of hyponatremia.
What causes it?
The exact mechanisms are not fully understood and I won't go into the complex physiologic pathways of sodium and water balance. The simplest answer is that lost sweat (salt and water) is replaced by ingested water (no salt). This dilutes the sodium in the bloodstream, and hyponatremia results. Longer races carry a greater risk of hyponatremia because of the total amount of sweat lost. During exercise in the heat, more salt is lost in sweat per hour than is usually replaced by food and fluids, including sports drinks. Your body can tolerate a degree of imbalance for a short period of time, but it may decompensate if this continues for too long.
Sweat contains between 2.25 - 3.4 grams of salt per liter, and the rate of perspiration in a long, hot race can easily average 1 liter per hour. So, for a 12 hour race, one could lose approximately 27 to 41 grams of salt. If the athlete replaces only the lost water and has minimal salt intake, hyponatremia can result.

Treatment
Minor symptoms, such as nausea and mild muscle cramps, can be treated by eating salty foods and hydrating with a sodium containing sports drink. More severe symptoms require treatment by qualified medical personnel. If you think you are suffering from hyponatremia or are unsure, seek medical attention immediately.
Salt and the Athlete

PS..you're an idiot.

PPS...you're an idiot. You appear to derive some sort of masochistic pleasure from being spanked over..and over...and over...and over...on the exact same topics over...and over...and over....

Probably has something to do with your lack of comprehension skills, combined with your refusal to look things up.

And actually, I understand. It's hard to effectively search information if you are incapable of forming a coherent sentence, and the sentences you do form have nothing to do with the idea you're trying to get across. I have no doubt internet searches or library research is next to impossible for you, thus frustrating. Hence your dependence on urban legend and rumor for your meager store of knowledge.
You posted all that but I didnt ask you about that. I asked you about getting dehydrated from eating salty foods. What did you post all of that for? Did you think I forgot? :laugh:

Salt doesn't dehydrate,

"
What causes it?

Treatment
Salt and the Athlete

PS..you're an idiot.

You posted all that but I didnt ask you abou that. I asked you about getting dehydrated from eating salty foods. What did you post all of that for? Did you think I forgot? :laugh:

It's sad that you're so tremendously stupid you don't even realize that your question has been answered multiple times, by more than one person.

"
What causes it?

Treatment
Salt and the Athlete

PS..you're an idiot.

You posted all that but I didnt ask you abou that. I asked you about getting dehydrated from eating salty foods. What did you post all of that for? Did you think I forgot? :laugh:

It's sad that you're so tremendously stupid you don't even realize that your question has been answered multiple times, by more than one person.
No one ever answered my question. Both of you avoided it as much as you could. You claimed salt doesnt dehydrate you.
laugh.gif

"
What causes it?

Treatment
Salt and the Athlete

PS..you're an idiot.

No one ever answered my question. Both of you avoided it as much as you could. You claimed salt doesnt dehydrate you.
laugh.gif

It was answered, you're just too stupid to understand it.

"
What causes it?

Treatment
Salt and the Athlete

PS..you're an idiot.

laugh.gif

He should ask his sister or his friend to 'splain it to him.

"
What causes it?

Treatment
Salt and the Athlete

PS..you're an idiot.

laugh.gif

Youre too stupid to know salt dehydrates you.
laugh.gif

"
What causes it?

Treatment
Salt and the Athlete

PS..you're an idiot.

laugh.gif

He should ask his sister or his friend to 'splain it to him.

I asked you and you couldnt even do that.

Buy Kosher salt or sea salt. It tastes great and it's good for you.
Regular salt is good too.

The iodine in regular salt can cause insomnia - a Pastor informed me about that some years ago. I sleep very well but for those who don't? Avoid regular salt with iodine. You'll sleep better at night. I like the crunch in a salt. Table salt is too fine and doesn't give me that. (crunch)

Forum List

Back