Same bullshit, different decade: What members of the gay rights movement could learn from history

Yesterday, a negro wanted to eat at a lunch counter. The proprietor did not want to serve him, and had the local law to back him up.

Today, the bigot who wants to ban a customer capriciously does not have the law to back him up. And boy does that piss them off!

You can believe that all you want...just like you can believe that left-handed people aren't normal, that Jews aren't normal, that short people aren't normal. Just don't try to legislate against us.
Ok.

Then it's best settled by the courts and/or state legislatures.
Just don't put it on my ballot
:cool:

We didn't want it on your ballot. Civil rights should never be put up for popular vote.
My state calls for a 60% majority vote, by ballot, for any amendment to the state constitution
Why should you get to vote on who gets to Marry?

Did anyone vote on your marriage?
Because it's our state law that we get a say in constitutional amendments.
About 62% feel that marriage should be defined as being between one man and one woman.
Of course the courts have since over turned it. And that's fine with me.
That's how our systems work.
And the people of Florida erred in amending the state constitution seeking to deny same-sex couples their right to due process and equal protection of the law, an error corrected by the rule of law, demonstrating not only how our system works, but that the system works well and as intended by the Founding Generation; indeed, it also demonstrates the wisdom of the Framers to create a Constitutional Republic as opposed to a democracy.

hx9gs4.jpg

Why? Is stating fact now bigoted? Care to compare health profiles of homosexual and heterosexual men? No, of course you dont. You deflect every time I bring this up because you know the answer. Gay kills.

Stating facts is fine. It's not a fact that being gay is wrong...unless you believe being left handed or red haired or Jewish is wrong.
Can you ever be honest and straight (so to speak)? Is it some inability you have to read and understand simple sentences?
He wrote that there was something wrong with gay people. That is not the same as "being gay is wrong." He might think that as well, and probably does. But that isnt what his post was concerned with. You understand the difference, right?

Neither is true. Gay is not wrong and there's nothing wrong with being gay...anymore than its "wrong" to have red hair or be Jewish.
OK so the answer to my question is No, you cannot be honest.
No one died from being left handed.

No one dies from being gay either.
Wrong.
People die from AIDS. They die from venereal diseases. They die from drug overdoses. They die from homicides. While technically those arent from "being gay" it is like saying no one died from falling off a cliff. They died from hitting the ground.

Stating facts is fine. It's not a fact that being gay is wrong...unless you believe being left handed or red haired or Jewish is wrong.
Can you ever be honest and straight (so to speak)? Is it some inability you have to read and understand simple sentences?
He wrote that there was something wrong with gay people. That is not the same as "being gay is wrong." He might think that as well, and probably does. But that isnt what his post was concerned with. You understand the difference, right?

Neither is true. Gay is not wrong and there's nothing wrong with being gay...anymore than its "wrong" to have red hair or be Jewish.
OK so the answer to my question is No, you cannot be honest.
No one died from being left handed.

No one dies from being gay either.
Wrong.
People die from AIDS. They die from venereal diseases. They die from drug overdoses. They die from homicides. While technically those arent from "being gay" it is like saying no one died from falling off a cliff. They died from hitting the ground.

So dying from being gay is no different from dying from being heterosexual.

Why? Is stating fact now bigoted? Care to compare health profiles of homosexual and heterosexual men? No, of course you dont. You deflect every time I bring this up because you know the answer. Gay kills.

Please explain how two men in a monogamous marriage kills.
SO you think only 2 men are capable of monogamous marriage? You sure look stupid.

This sums a lot of liberals in this thread up quite nicely.

bigot1.jpg

bigot2.jpg

bigot3.jpg

bigot4.jpg

bigot5.jpg

bigot6.jpg

Bigotry is the only explanation for being opposed to same sex marriage. No one's come up with a reason that doesn't involve simple bigotry.
Yes they have.
You just choose to dismiss one main reason: simple word definition

Nope. Religious bigotry is still bigotry. Bob Jones University felt they had a religious reason for their prohibitions on interracial dating. It's still bigotry.

bigot1.jpg

bigot2.jpg

bigot3.jpg

bigot4.jpg

bigot5.jpg

bigot6.jpg

Bigotry is the only explanation for being opposed to same sex marriage. No one's come up with a reason that doesn't involve simple bigotry.
Yes they have.

That 'definition' thing is pure nonsense. Blacks were once 'defined' in America as being property. They were also defined as 3/5ths of a person.

Do you think the fight for civil rights and equality for blacks should have been halted in its tracks, never to progress further,

by some bigot holding up a sign with the simple word 'definition' on it?

Thank you for that concession (I think)
But I disagree that one of these things cause no harm in that it is contrary to why I believe we were created as male and female (to go forth and multiply)
Now, mind you, I only speak of the sinfulness of homosexual behavior NOT "gay marriage".
Gays SHOULD have just as much "right" to lose half of their shit in divorce as I do.
I simply object to being called a hateful bigoted homophobe because I don't buy into the hard sell that gay is normal
You can believe that all you want...just like you can believe that left-handed people aren't normal, that Jews aren't normal, that short people aren't normal. Just don't try to legislate against us.

And don't be surprised when you get called a bigot for saying things like "there's something wrong with gays".

A matching pair of red herrings built out of straw.

Jews are born into it.

Some are, some aren't. It's still "abnormal" in America
Left or right handedness is taught

No it isn't.
History Travel Arts Science People Places Smithsonian
Acting on homosexual urges is a choice

So is acting on Jewish urges.

Yes they have.

Nope. Religious bigotry is still bigotry. Bob Jones University felt they had a religious reason for their prohibitions on interracial dating. It's still bigotry.

bigot1.jpg

bigot2.jpg

bigot3.jpg

bigot4.jpg

bigot5.jpg

bigot6.jpg

Yes they have.

That 'definition' thing is pure nonsense. Blacks were once 'defined' in America as being property. They were also defined as 3/5ths of a person.

Do you think the fight for civil rights and equality for blacks should have been halted in its tracks, never to progress further,

And don't be surprised when you get called a bigot for saying things like "there's something wrong with gays".

Jews are born into it.

No it isn't.

There is no such thing a "Jewish urge". And acting on one doesnt make anyone Jewish.
Cheez.

Please explain how two men in a monogamous marriage kills.
SO you think only 2 men are capable of monogamous marriage? You sure look stupid.

No, he made you look stupid for thinking two men or two women cannot be.

Unprotected Promiscuity is dangerous to all orientations, even lesbians. Be safe!

Yes they have.

Yes they have.

Jews are born into it.

No it isn't.

There is no such thing a "Jewish urge". And acting on one doesnt make anyone Jewish.
Cheez.

Sucking a guys cock doesn't make a dude gay either. Judaism is a choice.

A black man "chooses" to be attracted to a white woman and wants to marry her, and the bigots offered up the identical objections about the definition of marriage, it being forbidden by the Bible, the sanctity of the tradition which had always forbade such unions, the moral decline of America if this was allowed, etc., etc., etc.

Same bullshit, different decade.
I wasn't around for that bullshit.
Idk where those bigots got their information, because the Bible is full of interracial marriages.
Noahs wife was Ethiopian
Solomon and Samuel
Basheba was African
Heck, Mary, Joseph and Jesus had to be pretty dark since they were able to hide and blend in for 12yrs in Egypt

Yes they have.

Jews are born into it.

No it isn't.

Cheez.

It's not gay if the balls dont touch!
No, Judaism is not simply a choice. Engaging in gay sex makes someone gay.And that is a choice.

Yes they have.

Yes they have.

Jews are born into it.
When did you choose to be heterosexual?

Did you have a party?
I wasn't talking about attraction.
I said acting on urges

You mean like the way you act on your urges?

Why should they give up their sexuality because you are uncomfortable with it?

Yes they have.

Jews are born into it.

No it isn't.

Cheez.

So is acting on Judaism

You may have been born a Jew but that doesn't mean you have to act on it

Yes they have.

Jews are born into it.
When did you choose to be heterosexual?

Did you have a party?
I wasn't talking about attraction.
I said acting on urges

You mean like the way you act on your urges?

Why should they give up their sexuality because you are uncomfortable with it?
Sometimes I have the urge to punch idiots in the throat.
That isn't a crime or immoral behavior.
Acting on that urge, however, is wrong

A black man "chooses" to be attracted to a white woman and wants to marry her, and the bigots offered up the identical objections about the definition of marriage, it being forbidden by the Bible, the sanctity of the tradition which had always forbade such unions, the moral decline of America if this was allowed, etc., etc., etc.

Same bullshit, different decade.
I wasn't around for that bullshit.
Idk where those bigots got their information, because the Bible is full of interracial marriages.
Noahs wife was Ethiopian
Solomon and Samuel
Basheba was African
Heck, Mary, Joseph and Jesus had to be pretty dark since they were able to hide and blend in for 12yrs in Egypt

And yet the racist and miscegenationist have bible verses just like the anti gay bigots. We still consider them bigots despite their religious justification.

Jews are born into it.

No it isn't.

Cheez.

No, Judaism is not simply a choice. Engaging in gay sex makes someone gay.And that is a choice.

No it doesn't. I could have sex with a guy right now...I'd still be gay. Religion IS a choice, unlike being gay.

Jews are born into it.

No it isn't.

Cheez.

No it doesn't. I could have sex with a guy right now...I'd still be gay. Religion IS a choice, unlike being gay.
So it's an illness?

Forum List

Back