🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

San Bernardino School Shooting

I don't even think the problem is about guns and gun ownership anymore, it's why are people so quick to kill?

You can do damage with a knife and a car...look at London...yes, that was a different, it was terrorism but this person could have waited til these people were outside and mowed them down with an SUV...no?
True. Guns let you kill someone with no physical effort and no goo on your shoes, though. It makes murder much easier.

Maybe, but a murderer isn't worried about getting dirty, especially a murder/suicide.

Too many murder suicide scenarios happening lately.
Domestic violence is big in this area, too. But let's arm more Americans--it's our right to shoot each other at will.

1) murder is against the law

2) the school is a gun free zone

How exactly are law abiding citizens to blame for this? You know...people who don't shoot other people?
We've had this conversation, starting exactly this same way, how many times now? You know my answer. I know your comeback.
There's no sense in it. I am still feeling bad for the teacher and the kids who witnessed this and the two who were apparently hurt. They're kids.
HEY!!! I wonder if this will make Trump do a 180 on gun control? Fox, put on some pictures of these injured kids, please?

I thought California already had strict gun control measures. We don't yet know what the situation is in this case, but I kinda doubt there's anything that could've been done legislatively to prevent this tragedy. And do you really want to publicize injured kids to further your political agenda? Doesn't speak well for your position if you have to resort to that.
Yeah, well I wasn't being dead serious when I said the guy should have waited to off her in the parking lot either.

Figured that about the parking lot, wasn't so sure about increasing the existing gun control measures. There's lotsa people who are pretty serious about that.

Too many murder suicide scenarios happening lately.
Domestic violence is big in this area, too. But let's arm more Americans--it's our right to shoot each other at will.
If the teacher had been armed none of this would have happened.
I believe you're joking, aren't you Tommy? Many of our elementary schools keep their doors locked now. You have to get buzzed in. It's sad, but it keeps infuriated crazies from coming in and committing mayhem.
We had a school shooting in 1996 and the laws were tightened rather than fortifying the schools. We havent had a school shooting since.
Nothing will happen after this and American kids will still be used as target practise due to the activities of the NRA and their bought and paid for politicians.

You haven't had a school shooting because no one has decided to do it....in fact, you caught one guy who was planning on doing it last year or the year before...your gun laws didn't stop it......your culture stopped it.

You have no clue what you are talking about.......your gun crime rate is going up...ours is going down....
You are absolutely shameless. Our gun laws are part of our culture and we havent had a school shooting because it is more difficult for nutters to get hold of guns.
In fact we have only had one school shooting ever. It was carried out by a wierdo gun nut who slipped through the net. After that the law was tightened and our kids go to school in safety.

Its not fucking difficult.

What a cliché. Some moron shoots someone and people start blaming guns LOL.
Oy vey
WTF are they supposed to blame?
When I was a baby, mom gave me oj for the first time and I was screaming with a belly ache in an hour. She said my dad walked the floor with me saying "Goddamned orange juice, there, there, okay, goddamned orange juice" for hours. It's a normal reaction if you're not a libertarian.
ummm the people?
The gun is an inanimate object. To blame it is the perfect example of a fallacy.
If you got hit by a drunk driver, do you think I am going to blame the driver, or the car?
That is a highly stupid argument. Guns have only one purpose, _(insert your choice of name I won't call you here)___. Guns are to kill people. So yes, I can blame them for the fact that they were used to kill someone. Duh.

If the teacher had been armed none of this would have happened.
I believe you're joking, aren't you Tommy? Many of our elementary schools keep their doors locked now. You have to get buzzed in. It's sad, but it keeps infuriated crazies from coming in and committing mayhem.
We had a school shooting in 1996 and the laws were tightened rather than fortifying the schools. We havent had a school shooting since.
Nothing will happen after this and American kids will still be used as target practise due to the activities of the NRA and their bought and paid for politicians.

You haven't had a school shooting because no one has decided to do it....in fact, you caught one guy who was planning on doing it last year or the year before...your gun laws didn't stop it......your culture stopped it.

You have no clue what you are talking about.......your gun crime rate is going up...ours is going down....
You are absolutely shameless. Our gun laws are part of our culture and we havent had a school shooting because it is more difficult for nutters to get hold of guns.
In fact we have only had one school shooting ever. It was carried out by a wierdo gun nut who slipped through the net. After that the law was tightened and our kids go to school in safety.

Its not fucking difficult.
what country are you from?

Some of the kids will need trauma/grief counseling.

At least it wasn't a terrorist attack. :oops:

As for those blaming guns, it could just have easily been a knife or some other weapon.

Oy vey
When I was a baby, mom gave me oj for the first time and I was screaming with a belly ache in an hour. She said my dad walked the floor with me saying "Goddamned orange juice, there, there, okay, goddamned orange juice" for hours. It's a normal reaction if you're not a libertarian.

If he had used a knife, would you have blamed the knife?

If he had used a bat, or some other blunt object, would you have blamed it?
I'll betcha a quarter that he would have used that bat or knife in the privacy of their home, not in front of a classroom full of students. Anyone hear what grade it was?

For me the issue isn't how you were killed, it's the fact that you were killed.

And it's happening everywhere lately...places with gun laws, no gun laws...

Oy vey

I'll betcha a quarter that he would have used that bat or knife in the privacy of their home, not in front of a classroom full of students. Anyone hear what grade it was?

you;d probably lose the quarter.

Oy vey

No, but I think it was an elementary school. So up to grade 5 usually.

I have grandsons of all ages in the school system, 2 of them in CA and it worries me.

Security is tighter at the high schools than it is in elementary and middle school. I've seen it, not very tight...no buzzers where my grandsons go.

Oy vey
ummm the people?
The gun is an inanimate object. To blame it is the perfect example of a fallacy.
If you got hit by a drunk driver, do you think I am going to blame the driver, or the car?
That is a highly stupid argument. Guns have only one purpose, _(insert your choice of name I won't call you here)___. Guns are to kill people. So yes, I can blame them for the fact that they were used to kill someone. Duh.
And animals. Its not the gun fault some loon uses it to kill someone. Especially innocent children.
Do you think I am going to blame the driver or the car?
If a child somehow gets its hand on its fathers gun collection and shoots itself, are you blaming the gun or the irresponsible parents that deserve prison time?

Oy vey
ummm the people?
Guns are to kill people.
I've owned guns for over 50 years.

I've killed 3 rabbits, 2 squirrels, and a lot of paper targets.

No people

Should I get my money back?

Oy vey

but would you have blamed the bat or the person?

I don't even think the problem is about guns and gun ownership anymore, it's why are people so quick to kill?

You can do damage with a knife and a car...look at London...yes, that was a different, it was terrorism but this person could have waited til these people were outside and mowed them down with an SUV...no?
True. Guns let you kill someone with no physical effort and no goo on your shoes, though. It makes murder much easier.

Maybe, but a murderer isn't worried about getting dirty, especially a murder/suicide.
Oh, I beg to differ. Ask Tommy how many people in his country decide against murder when they contemplate the grisly details with a knife, axe or bat. What would be easier for you, CeeCee? To shoot someone in the chest from across the street or across the room, or to run up to that person and thrust a knife into him with the hopes that the person would not fight back and end up knifing you or getting away and calling the police. Which is the more popular scenario, in your mind? You can't do drive-by knifings, either. Ask the kids in Chicago.
Why does spellcheck think "knifings" is wrong? What am I missing?

Oy vey
ummm the people?
Guns are to kill people.
I've owned guns for over 50 years.

I've killed 3 rabbits, 2 squirrels, and a lot of paper targets.

No people

Should I get my money back?
No, that's why we love you, Will.

Forum List

Back