🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

San Bernardino School Shooting

Put a sign in your front yard, "This home protected by Smith & Wesson", what are the chances the bad guys go to some other house? Or say they break into your home and you fire a warning shot over their heads, what are the chances they haul ass? Might be instead of killing someone I saved a life. Maybe my own or my wife's.

I don't even think the problem is about guns and gun ownership anymore, it's why are people so quick to kill?

You can do damage with a knife and a car...look at London...yes, that was a different, it was terrorism but this person could have waited til these people were outside and mowed them down with an SUV...no?
True. Guns let you kill someone with no physical effort and no goo on your shoes, though. It makes murder much easier.

Maybe, but a murderer isn't worried about getting dirty, especially a murder/suicide.
Oh, I beg to differ. Ask Tommy how many people in his country decide against murder when they contemplate the grisly details with a knife, axe or bat. What would be easier for you, CeeCee? To shoot someone in the chest from across the street or across the room, or to run up to that person and thrust a knife into him with the hopes that the person would not fight back and end up knifing you or getting away and calling the police. Which is the more popular scenario, in your mind? You can't do drive-by knifings, either. Ask the kids in Chicago.
Why does spellcheck think "knifings" is wrong? What am I missing?
Murder rate in England and Wales rises 11%

I would be OK with banning guns, if every other country does it first. Also, before they take mine, I want the millions of illegal guns off the street. I also want all munitions production facilities to shut down.
After about 5 years of being gun free, the statists can then continue on to ban swords, knives, fertilizer and what ever weapon the majority uses to replace it.
The problem ISNT inanimate objects. Its PEOPLE. Good luck banning that.

Yes, it's easier of course to shoot someone but if someone ones to kill...they will.
That's my only point. I know many responsible gun owners, including my own kid and grandkid; there are a LOT of hunters around here, too. I don't lose any sleep over it, even though I personally wish we were still killing each other with sticks and stones and the damned things had never been invented. It's a hard question when it comes down to individuals and how to decide who should have one, so as a general rule, I say the less there are laying around to abuse in a moment of anger, the better.

Yes, it's easier of course to shoot someone but if someone ones to kill...they will.
That's my only point. I know many responsible gun owners, including my own kid and grandkid; there are a LOT of hunters around here, too. I don't lose any sleep over it, even though I personally wish we were still killing each other with sticks and stones and the damned things had never been invented. It's a hard question when it comes down to individuals and how to decide who should have one, so as a general rule, I say the less there are laying around to abuse in a moment of anger, the better.

I advise you to look up the case of Kelsey Annese, Matthew Hutchinson and Colin Kingston.

I would be OK with banning guns, if every other country does it first. Also, before they take mine, I want the millions of illegal guns off the street. I also want all munitions production facilities to shut down.
After about 5 years of being gun free, the statists can then continue on to ban swords, knives, fertilizer and what ever weapon the majority uses to replace it.
I agree serious gun control should not happen until the illegal guns are off the street. That should happen starting yesterday, but apparently we have better things to do. Don't know what.

I don't even think the problem is about guns and gun ownership anymore, it's why are people so quick to kill?

You can do damage with a knife and a car...look at London...yes, that was a different, it was terrorism but this person could have waited til these people were outside and mowed them down with an SUV...no?
True. Guns let you kill someone with no physical effort and no goo on your shoes, though. It makes murder much easier.

Maybe, but a murderer isn't worried about getting dirty, especially a murder/suicide.
Oh, I beg to differ. Ask Tommy how many people in his country decide against murder when they contemplate the grisly details with a knife, axe or bat. What would be easier for you, CeeCee? To shoot someone in the chest from across the street or across the room, or to run up to that person and thrust a knife into him with the hopes that the person would not fight back and end up knifing you or getting away and calling the police. Which is the more popular scenario, in your mind? You can't do drive-by knifings, either. Ask the kids in Chicago.
Why does spellcheck think "knifings" is wrong? What am I missing?
Murder rate in England and Wales rises 11%
You could double that figure and it would still be at a level you could only dream about.

I agree serious gun control should not happen until the illegal guns are off the street. That should happen starting yesterday, but apparently we have better things to do. Don't know what.

Easier said than done. Bad guys are going to find ways to get guns, always have and always will.

For me the issue isn't how you were killed, it's the fact that you were killed.

And it's happening everywhere lately...places with gun laws, no gun laws...
Yes, there is that much more thoughtful and complicated question of why.....
I've tried to bring it up before here, and I just get run over by these guys. They're being unusually polite today--maybe cause you're in the room.
What is causing us to become a culture with no value for human life? I'm sure there are a lot of factors at work. Maybe violence in video games and on movies and television -- it's so bad now people don't even notice it. We are surrounded by it, soaked in it. I'm not sure if that's a reason or a symptom, but it's gotten SOO much worse over the years.

Huh! I thought it was against the law to bring guns onto school property.

Act like grown ups?

Click, Print, Shoot - pg.2

For me the issue isn't how you were killed, it's the fact that you were killed.

And it's happening everywhere lately...places with gun laws, no gun laws...
Yes, there is that much more thoughtful and complicated question of why.....
I've tried to bring it up before here, and I just get run over by these guys. They're being unusually polite today--maybe cause you're in the room.
What is causing us to become a culture with no value for human life? I'm sure there are a lot of factors at work. Maybe violence in video games and on movies and television -- it's so bad now people don't even notice it. We are surrounded by it, soaked in it. I'm not sure if that's a reason or a symptom, but it's gotten SOO much worse over the years.

Many of the same people who decry the loss of life due to a lack of gun control are the same ones who advocate for abortion. I call that a deplorable loss of value for human life too.

[

That is a highly stupid argument. Guns have only one purpose, _(insert your choice of name I won't call you here)___. Guns are to kill people. So yes, I can blame them for the fact that they were used to kill someone. Duh.

Now THAT is a truly stupid claim.
No it's not :tongue-44:

Incredibly stupid.

More guns are made for killing animals than anything else.
But they'll shoot your ex, in a pinch.

Easier said than done. Bad guys are going to find ways to get guns, always have and always will.
Not a reason to not try. It's done in other countries. It's all relative, the gun #'s. In Europe, a lot of guys using vehicles to kill folks? Probably because it's harder to get a gun unnoticed.

Forum List

Back