🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

San Bernardino School Shooting

[

That is a highly stupid argument. Guns have only one purpose, _(insert your choice of name I won't call you here)___. Guns are to kill people. So yes, I can blame them for the fact that they were used to kill someone. Duh.

Now THAT is a truly stupid claim.
No it's not :tongue-44:

Incredibly stupid.

More guns are made for killing animals than anything else.
But they'll shoot your ex, in a pinch.

C'mon now, you know the gun doesn't pull it's own trigger. Guns don't shoot your ex, you do.

This is breaking news..so not a lot of info yet. They claim possible murder suicide, which leads me to kids have access to Mommy and Daddy's guns...and doing a little paybacks then offing themselves after doing it.

Parents that allow access to their weapons should be put in jail for a month.

So, in your rush to be the first to "report" this tragedy, you speculated about who and why in, not only your OP, but your next two posts as well. Why? Why not just start with the fact that there was a shooting, but there are no details? Were you hoping you were correct in your speculations to further your agenda regarding firearms, whatever it might be? Those three posts make you look foolish now that authorities have released some facts. This is a GOD damned tragedy and all you could think of was to start pointing fingers at all the wrong shit.

California has some of the most strict gun laws in the country, I know because I bought my first three firearms while living there. Hell, nowadays you can't even buy ammunition out there with out showing ID and having the seller record your information. And do you know the sad fact of the matter? None of those laws would have stopped this asshole from doing what he did today. You want to speculate about something? Speculate about whether or not the shooter was legally allowed to own a firearm. If I were a betting man, I'd bet no... If I'm right, you'll have to ask yourself, how'd he get the gun with all those laws they've passed in the Golden State?

But hey, have no fear! In short order I'm certain we'll be hearing about some knee jerk legislation that will do nothing to prevent anyone truly intent on doing harm from doing just that. What all those who favor more gun laws absolutely fail to recognize, every time, is this: Only law abiding citizens will abide by the law. Period. There is no arguing that point.

[

That is a highly stupid argument. Guns have only one purpose, _(insert your choice of name I won't call you here)___. Guns are to kill people. So yes, I can blame them for the fact that they were used to kill someone. Duh.

Incredibly stupid.

So will the chef's knife in the drawer. The big difference is that a woman with a gun is an equal match to a man twice her size with a gun. A woman with a knife is no match for a man twice her size with a knife.

You seek to return to the time when women were victims. You seek to return to the days when the well trained could subdue the commoner. You are a regressive.

Those who seek to kill, will kill.

Last edited:
For me the issue isn't how you were killed, it's the fact that you were killed.

And it's happening everywhere lately...places with gun laws, no gun laws...
Yes, there is that much more thoughtful and complicated question of why.....
I've tried to bring it up before here, and I just get run over by these guys. They're being unusually polite today--maybe cause you're in the room.
What is causing us to become a culture with no value for human life? I'm sure there are a lot of factors at work. Maybe violence in video games and on movies and television -- it's so bad now people don't even notice it. We are surrounded by it, soaked in it. I'm not sure if that's a reason or a symptom, but it's gotten SOO much worse over the years.
I'm correcting this post. Bugs Bunny & Friends, the Looney Tunes cartoons, were full of violence (but I still love them; funniest ever). The cowboy movies were full of shoot outs. And those John Wayne war movies. The Three Stooges. The Rifleman. Maybe they made us what we are. I dunno. They seemed somehow removed from real life, though. Violence now is so raw and immediate and us. Or is that just me?

I would be OK with banning guns, if every other country does it first. Also, before they take mine, I want the millions of illegal guns off the street. I also want all munitions production facilities to shut down.
After about 5 years of being gun free, the statists can then continue on to ban swords, knives, fertilizer and what ever weapon the majority uses to replace it.
The problem ISNT inanimate objects. Its PEOPLE. Good luck banning that.
I agree serious gun control should not happen until the illegal guns are off the street. That should happen starting yesterday, but apparently we have better things to do. Don't know what.

Easier said than done. Bad guys are going to find ways to get guns, always have and always will.
Not a reason to not try. It's done in other countries. It's all relative, the gun #'s. In Europe, a lot of guys using vehicles to kill folks? Probably because it's harder to get a gun unnoticed.

Lotta people using guns in Europe to kill people too. And anyway, this ain't Europe and there's no way in hell a ban on guns is ever going to happen in this country. And if it ever does it'll mean the Constitution is discarded and we finally went over to total gov't control.

[

Incredibly stupid.

C'mon now, you know the gun doesn't pull it's own trigger. Guns don't shoot your ex, you do.
Of course. I'm not absolving any shooter from responsibility. However, he (or she) would not BE a shooter if he/she did not easy access to a gun.

Huh! I thought it was against the law to bring guns onto school property.

Apparently because criminals don't follow laws, the law abiding must be punished.

Fascist democrat logic 101.
It's called social responsibility.

It's called fascism.

You seek to take the rights from those who follow the law as punishment for those who do not. You seek to make the majority into criminals.

It matters not, your lust to end civil rights will not prevail for a generation.. We have a pro-Constitution SCOTUS, and Ginsberg has a standing invitation to join Pol Pot and Mao in the burning pits of hell, any day now.....

I've tried to bring it up before here, and I just get run over by these guys. They're being unusually polite today--maybe cause you're in the room.
What is causing us to become a culture with no value for human life? I'm sure there are a lot of factors at work. Maybe violence in video games and on movies and television -- it's so bad now people don't even notice it. We are surrounded by it, soaked in it. I'm not sure if that's a reason or a symptom, but it's gotten SOO much worse over the years.
I'm correcting this post. Bugs Bunny & Friends, the Looney Tunes cartoons, were full of violence (but I still love them; funniest ever). The cowboy movies were full of shoot outs. And those John Wayne war movies. The Three Stooges. The Rifleman. Maybe they made us what we are. I dunno. They seemed somehow removed from real life, though. Violence now is so raw and immediate and us. Or is that just me?
Well, what was the murder rate back 175 years ago?
Crime is going down, nationally. Has been for decades. I think it just seems worse because of social media. I cant take a giant shit at walmart without people losing their shit.

Huh! I thought it was against the law to bring guns onto school property.

Apparently because criminals don't follow laws, the law abiding must be punished.

Fascist democrat logic 101.
It's called social responsibility.
that's not social responsibility...
YES IT IS.
God, that thirty second delay feature is a pain in the butt at times, isn't it?
DAMN RIGHT!!! Lol
Social responsibility is about society at large. With .6%(complete guess)of our population committing terrible murders and forcing EVERYONE to lose freedoms actually infringes on the majority. Which, by definition, is the exact opposite.

I would be OK with banning guns, if every other country does it first. Also, before they take mine, I want the millions of illegal guns off the street. I also want all munitions production facilities to shut down.
After about 5 years of being gun free, the statists can then continue on to ban swords, knives, fertilizer and what ever weapon the majority uses to replace it.
I agree serious gun control should not happen until the illegal guns are off the street. That should happen starting yesterday, but apparently we have better things to do. Don't know what.

Easier said than done. Bad guys are going to find ways to get guns, always have and always will.
Not a reason to not try. It's done in other countries. It's all relative, the gun #'s. In Europe, a lot of guys using vehicles to kill folks? Probably because it's harder to get a gun unnoticed.

Lotta people using guns in Europe to kill people too. And anyway, this ain't Europe and there's no way in hell a ban on guns is ever going to happen in this country. And if it ever does it'll mean the Constitution is discarded and we finally went over to total gov't control.
Oh relax. We'll be stupid assholes hoarding our obscene number of guns and shooting each other for no good reason long after you and I are both dead. Hopefully not from gunshots.

Did we scare CeeCee away? Maybe she needed to make supper.
You guys done good, for you. Hardly an ad hominem flung.

No, it's not just you, but this is the world we find ourselves in. The violence we see on TV and in the movies has desensitized us, mostly our young people but I'm not sure that's the entire answer. The American Dream is fading, used to be you graduated from high school and if you worked hard you could get married, buy a car, and raise a family. These days that ain't the case, too many young people don't see a way up and that leads to some bad choices. Particularly our young males, their roles in our society are in flux and many don't have a positive role model to look to. Our faith and trust in most of the institutions like family and church and work are going down the tubes and it leaves too many young men open to gangs, drugs, and violence. And we haven't even talked about the rising problem of mental health that leads to senseless shootings.

No, it's not just you, but this is the world we find ourselves in. The violence we see on TV and in the movies has desensitized us, mostly our young people but I'm not sure that's the entire answer. The American Dream is fading, used to be you graduated from high school and if you worked hard you could get married, buy a car, and raise a family. These days that ain't the case, too many young people don't see a way up and that leads to some bad choices. Particularly our young males, their roles in our society are in flux and many don't have a positive role model to look to. Our faith and trust in most of the institutions like family and church and work are going down the tubes and it leaves too many young men open to gangs, drugs, and violence. And we haven't even talked about the rising problem of mental health that leads to senseless shootings.
Well said. Thank you.

Oh relax. We'll be stupid assholes hoarding our obscene number of guns and shooting each other for no good reason long after you and I are both dead. Hopefully not from gunshots.

I dunno, depends on where you get shot.

Wow. Lots of ire in this thread. I just saw the news, brought it here, said what I said and left it for discussion.

I own two guns. I don't have children here, either. But if I did...if I did not take pains to make SURE they didn't KNOW I had guns and HID them and LOCKED THE GUNS UP, I would be liable for negligence, right? And rightfully so.

What I am saying is, in my initial opinion, is bullying is rampant. Kids getting fed up with it either kill themselves OR get mommy and daddys gun and take care of the problem. And it is mommy and daddy responsible for the access to the paybacks.

Teachers and principles pooh poohing off known bullying is another thread that might eventually be made. THIS thread is about the easy access of children to GUNS because PARENTS don't make the effort to keep said kids from getting them.

I dunno, depends on where you get shot.
You hoping to get shot in the ass or something? Or are you just hoping I get shot for wanting to go all Australia on you all? Just so's I know.

Forum List

Back