🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

San Bernardino School Shooting

Can you show even one school shooting by a student in the last 20 years where the shooter was NOT on something like Zoloft?
I probably could if I took the effort and time to go hunt up statistics, but alas...I'm too lazy. This is not a debate. This is a discussion. Opinions. Beliefs. And a lot of it is wrong.

For example, and a tad off topic....every show you see on tv where someone gets killed or robbed and it is in an area of many homeless, they AUTOMATICALLY go after the homeless because "all are mentally ill and off their meds". From what I experienced myself, and being homeless for a time, I saw MANY people not on drugs, not needing drugs (like MikeTx's situation and the ritalin), dangerous to society or to themselves. I saw many, like myself, in a circumstance beyond our control but the public is brainwashed into thinking ALL homeless are mentally ill. And the blame for that is Hollyweird and the media poisoning the brains of society at large that anyone that loses their home or their job and THEN losing their home or their landlord jacks the rent up so high they have no place else to go...are mentally unstable.

So a kid has a messy desk, or is antsy and full of energy..they automatically are slapped on drugs to calm them down then if they are lethargic they are given something to "pick them up". We live in a world of drugs...legal AND illegal..pushed on us all by the pharmacutical companies and their neverending ads of "ask your doctor if blahblahblah is right for YOU!!" on tv 24/7.

Ok. That was off topic, but it fits in a small nitch.

And....passing gun laws where none are allowed only helps the criminals. They don't obey laws. So those that do are supposed to be at criminals mercy? I think not. In fact, oh hayell no.

Lotta people using guns in Europe to kill people too. And anyway, this ain't Europe and there's no way in hell a ban on guns is ever going to happen in this country. And if it ever does it'll mean the Constitution is discarded and we finally went over to total gov't control.
Oh relax. We'll be stupid assholes hoarding our obscene number of guns and shooting each other for no good reason long after you and I are both dead. Hopefully not from gunshots.
That scenario never happens. That's simple gun banner rhetoric.
What scenario never happens, Mike?
C'mon, you know. What you posted about us all shooting each other for no reason. I have owned guns since I was a young man, and never used them to shoot anyone. The vast majority of gun owners are like that as well. We only hear about the crimes committed with guns from the media. Also, if you really wanted to find out, you can find info that will show you just how many times guns are used each year to protect people from criminals. It's a very large amount, but you must ask yourself why the media never runs these stories?
From where I stand, there is never a good reason to shoot anyone (unless someone is trying to shoot you first). That would cut down on 99% of the gun homicides in this country. Do you think that man today who shot his wife in front of her classroom of kids had a good reason? Do you think those kids in Chicago who shoot other kids from their cars have a good reason? Of course you don't. It happens all the time, unfortunately.

There is a good chance he has a long history of violence and likely crime of some sort.....drug and alcohol abuse too.....those are the actual leading indicators of murder in the home...

And again, he could have simply stabbed her to death or used a Walmart camping hatchet...at home.....

Can you show even one school shooting by a student in the last 20 years where the shooter was NOT on something like Zoloft?
I probably could if I took the effort and time to go hunt up statistics, but alas...I'm too lazy. This is not a debate. This is a discussion. Opinions. Beliefs. And a lot of it is wrong.

For example, and a tad off topic....every show you see on tv where someone gets killed or robbed and it is in an area of many homeless, they AUTOMATICALLY go after the homeless because "all are mentally ill and off their meds". From what I experienced myself, and being homeless for a time, I saw MANY people not on drugs, not needing drugs (like MikeTx's situation and the ritalin), dangerous to society or to themselves. I saw many, like myself, in a circumstance beyond our control but the public is brainwashed into thinking ALL homeless are mentally ill. And the blame for that is Hollyweird and the media poisoning the brains of society at large that anyone that loses their home or their job and THEN losing their home or their landlord jacks the rent up so high they have no place else to go...are mentally unstable.

So a kid has a messy desk, or is antsy and full of energy..they automatically are slapped on drugs to calm them down then if they are lethargic they are given something to "pick them up". We live in a world of drugs...legal AND illegal..pushed on us all by the pharmacutical companies and their neverending ads of "ask your doctor if blahblahblah is right for YOU!!" on tv 24/7.

Ok. That was off topic, but it fits in a small nitch.

In fact, you cannot.

The one common element in all of the mass shootings is psychoactive drugs.

What a cliché. Some moron shoots someone and people start blaming guns LOL.
Oy vey
WTF are they supposed to blame?
When I was a baby, mom gave me oj for the first time and I was screaming with a belly ache in an hour. She said my dad walked the floor with me saying "Goddamned orange juice, there, there, okay, goddamned orange juice" for hours. It's a normal reaction if you're not a libertarian.
ummm the people?
The gun is an inanimate object. To blame it is the perfect example of a fallacy.
If you got hit by a drunk driver, do you think I am going to blame the driver, or the car?
That is a highly stupid argument. Guns have only one purpose, _(insert your choice of name I won't call you here)___. Guns are to kill people. So yes, I can blame them for the fact that they were used to kill someone. Duh.

That makes you an idiot of the highest caliber.

They're saying one of the students that was wounded in the shooting has died, an 8 year old boy. Apparently was too close to the female teacher, who was shot and killed by her husband according to reports. Both were 53. The police do not believe the students who were shot were targets. Not much on the other wounded student, I read he/she was in critical condition so prayers are warranted. It was a special needs class BTW.

Update: The other wounded student, aged 9, is now in stable condition. Both students were apparently behind the teacher when she was shot, hence their wounds. Apparently the shooter (husband) had a criminal record, including weapons and domestic violence charges, but no specifics have been provided yet. So, how'd he get his hands on the gun? I'm sure it'll come out fairly soon.

Last edited:
I would be OK with banning guns, if every other country does it first. Also, before they take mine, I want the millions of illegal guns off the street. I also want all munitions production facilities to shut down.
After about 5 years of being gun free, the statists can then continue on to ban swords, knives, fertilizer and what ever weapon the majority uses to replace it.
The problem ISNT inanimate objects. Its PEOPLE. Good luck banning that.
I agree serious gun control should not happen until the illegal guns are off the street. That should happen starting yesterday, but apparently we have better things to do. Don't know what.

Exactly how do you plan on accomplishing that minor task?

For me the issue isn't how you were killed, it's the fact that you were killed.

And it's happening everywhere lately...places with gun laws, no gun laws...
Yes, there is that much more thoughtful and complicated question of why.....
I've tried to bring it up before here, and I just get run over by these guys. They're being unusually polite today--maybe cause you're in the room.
What is causing us to become a culture with no value for human life? I'm sure there are a lot of factors at work. Maybe violence in video games and on movies and television -- it's so bad now people don't even notice it. We are surrounded by it, soaked in it. I'm not sure if that's a reason or a symptom, but it's gotten SOO much worse over the years.
I'm correcting this post. Bugs Bunny & Friends, the Looney Tunes cartoons, were full of violence (but I still love them; funniest ever). The cowboy movies were full of shoot outs. And those John Wayne war movies. The Three Stooges. The Rifleman. Maybe they made us what we are. I dunno. They seemed somehow removed from real life, though. Violence now is so raw and immediate and us. Or is that just me?

Apparently, it is just you.

Wow. Lots of ire in this thread. I just saw the news, brought it here, said what I said and left it for discussion.

I own two guns. I don't have children here, either. But if I did...if I did not take pains to make SURE they didn't KNOW I had guns and HID them and LOCKED THE GUNS UP, I would be liable for negligence, right? And rightfully so.

What I am saying is, in my initial opinion, is bullying is rampant. Kids getting fed up with it either kill themselves OR get mommy and daddys gun and take care of the problem. And it is mommy and daddy responsible for the access to the paybacks.

Teachers and principles pooh poohing off known bullying is another thread that might eventually be made. THIS thread is about the easy access of children to GUNS because PARENTS don't make the effort to keep said kids from getting them.

You obviously have not followed the story. Why is that?

They're saying one of the students that was wounded in the shooting has died, an 8 year old boy. Apparently was too close to the female teacher, who was shot and killed by her husband according to reports. Both were 53. The police do not believe the students who were shot were targets. Not much on the other wounded student, I read he/she was in critical condition so prayers are warranted. It was a special needs class BTW.

Update: The other wounded student, aged 9, is now in stable condition. Both students were apparently behind the teacher when she was shot, hence their wounds. Apparently the shooter (husband) had a criminal record, including weapons and domestic violence charges, but no specifics have been provided yet. So, how'd he get his hands on the gun? I'm sure it'll come out fairly soon.
Thanks for the update. :(

Wow. Lots of ire in this thread. I just saw the news, brought it here, said what I said and left it for discussion.

I own two guns. I don't have children here, either. But if I did...if I did not take pains to make SURE they didn't KNOW I had guns and HID them and LOCKED THE GUNS UP, I would be liable for negligence, right? And rightfully so.

What I am saying is, in my initial opinion, is bullying is rampant. Kids getting fed up with it either kill themselves OR get mommy and daddys gun and take care of the problem. And it is mommy and daddy responsible for the access to the paybacks.

Teachers and principles pooh poohing off known bullying is another thread that might eventually be made. THIS thread is about the easy access of children to GUNS because PARENTS don't make the effort to keep said kids from getting them.
Gracie, this ain't nothin, as ire goes.
Kids were injured when an ADULT male entered the classroom, shot to death his wife and then turned the gun on himself. The kids weren't the shooters. So maybe it would have been better not to use that example to open your thread. Just sayin.
Agreed. But usually when a shooting occurs at a school...its a kid with a gun.

Actually, that is not the case. Most school shootings are gang related activities that take place on school grounds with or without students present.

Gracie, this ain't nothin, as ire goes.
Kids were injured when an ADULT male entered the classroom, shot to death his wife and then turned the gun on himself. The kids weren't the shooters. So maybe it would have been better not to use that example to open your thread. Just sayin.
Agreed. But usually when a shooting occurs at a school...its a kid with a gun.

Given the number of kids in schools, it is a VERY rare occurrence.

Oh, and the child will ALWAYS be on some sort of psychoactive medication - every time without fail.
Do you have a link showing the kid will "ALWAYS" be on some kind of med?
Back in the 90's they wanted to put my youngest on Ritalin. We went to the school and talked to the teacher and she said he needed this drug because he was messy and had a messy desk. My wife said she ought to see his room. He didn't get the dope. Screw those asswipes.

Teachers are not allowed to make any recommendations regarding medication. The teacher should have been disciplined if she was the one making the recommendation for Ritalin. She is not a doctor.

Thanks for the update. :(
America was crippled when Trump took over.

The shooter had a history of domestic violence, weapons, and drug charges. Yet, he was carrying and used a .357. Why did he have access to a gun? Don't know, but I am sure that the NRA is content with whatever reason.

Forum List

Back