🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

San Francisco 49ers vs. Seattle Seahawks

9iners in a blow out 34 - 3

Hate to bust your bubble but the Seahawks haven't lost a game by more than 7 points in two calender years. That's 35 games.

Conversely we have bitch slapped at least a dozen teams by more than 7 points in the same time frame. Your precious 9ers twice.

Just sayin....

Thats ok. Now it counts. Lets see what happens when its real. :lol:

9iners in a blow out 34 - 3

Hate to bust your bubble but the Seahawks haven't lost a game by more than 7 points in two calender years. That's 35 games.

Conversely we have bitch slapped at least a dozen teams by more than 7 points in the same time frame. Your precious 9ers twice.

Just sayin....

REAL !!!! ???? OH nosers !!!! NOT REAL !!!!! OMG !!! We are toast !!!! This game's gonna be fo real ??...fo keeps ?? Mercy !!! Hides da womens and the chilluns !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just sayin....

REAL !!!! ???? OH nosers !!!! NOT REAL !!!!! OMG !!! We are toast !!!! This game's gonna be fo real ??...fo keeps ?? Mercy !!! Hides da womens and the chilluns !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are laughing too hard. You are obviously nervous. Everyone can see that. :lol:

You are laughing too hard. You are obviously nervous. Everyone can see that. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLpfbcXTeo8]Phil Collins - I Dont Care Anymore (Official Music Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to investigate something possibly a little more germaine than the color of the unis.

That would be the underlying motivations leading up to Sunday afternoon's match between SF and Seattle.

One could say it is as simple as winning would place the victor in the Superbowl. Yes of course it would but it has been a long season and there are many "enemies" lurking past present and future that could be viewed as reasons to win this weekend.

Most importantly SF lost the last superbowl and certainly would like to get back in the big show for another try.

SF lost a meaningless preseason game 10-6 to the Broncos while Seattle beat the snot out of the Donkeys in pre season 40-10.

SF lost in N O to the Saints yet Seattle embarrassed the Saints in the regular season and again this last weekend in the divisional round of the playoffs.

SF lost in a close game at home to Carolina then redeemed themselves today in the Panthers home stadium. Seattle also beat the Panthers in the first regular season game in Carolina.

All in all there are no real monkeys on the back of the 9ers, regardin the Seahawks, except the 29-3 beat down the 49ers suffered at the Clink early on in the season. They believe they evened the score in SF.

Seattle has several axes to grind. The last second loss in Atlanta last season that Seattle had been cheated of winning by fate that would have given the Seahawks an NFC title shot. That game still stings. The recent 2 point loss in SF by a flukey yet remakable Gore 52 yard last minute run while the Seahawks would have won if thier usually suffocating defense faltered. I think the Seahawks would like payback for that game. I also believe that The Seahawks do take pride in the home record that was spoiled by a good Cardinal defense and an incredible catch in the endzone that was smacked twice by our DB yet still hung on to by the AZ reciever. All in all it wouldn't surprise me that every Seahawk player to a man believes that the Hawks should be undefeated. I think they still have a chip on thier shoulders and want to prove they are better than SF this Sunday aside from the advancement to the Superbowl.

There in I believe lies the difference in motivation. I think that SF sees this game as a chance to play the AFC champs and redeem themselves.. meaning that they are looking PAST this game to some degree and the Hawks will be going into this game solely to beat down thier rival.

I don't think the Seahawks are the least concerned with whom ever wins out in the AFC. They know that the 9ers are stronger than either of the other conferences remaining teams.

I believe that bad taste of last years Superbowl still sticks in the 9ers mouths and that has been thier motivation all season. I believe as well as the fact that the Seahawks match up stronger in many areas to SF thier looking ahead will be thier undoing.

What happened Huggy? All year long I have been hearing about the greatness of the Seahawks. Now the difference in the NFC Championship will be the 49ers overlooking the Seahawks. Is it on that thin thread your hopes lie? Frankly, I am a bit disappointed.

Seattle has the home field and has played well against the 49ers on their home field. The 49ers are healthy. Should be a good game.

Seattle IS a great team. So is SF. True I haven't spent the whole year extolling the virtues of the 9ers. That would be because I don't care about San Francisco success. :lol:

Both teams are built nearly identical. They both have mobile QBs that have cost the teams little compared to other upper level teams. This has allowed both teams to load up in talent areas that other teams cannot afford to. SF has built up the talent in thier D and O lines where Seattle has developed the most talented secondary in the NFL. Both teams have a dependable marqui running back. Both Gore and Lynch are hard runners that can take it to the house on any play. Both teams have talented TEs although they are used slightly differently on thier respective teams... Davis is more like a big WR and pushes downfield more often than Miller or Willson. SF has Boldin and Crabtree. Boldin is talented on crossing routes and Crabtree is SFs deep threat. Seattle pretty much cancels out SFs recievers with the fastest closing and hardest hitting secondary. Seattles recievers are not that hard to cover and SF has pedestrian DBs. The advantage Seattle enjoys is that thier recievers are especially clutch at coming down with the ball. All of Seattle's recievers are what Boldin was supposed to be as far as players that fight for and win possession of the football consistantly.

It will be an epic game. I believe Seattle has a measurable advantage at home against the 9ers. That has been demonstrated in thier last two matches in Seattle. This is a fact that cannot be denied. SF only beat the Hawks by 2 points in a recent game at Candlestick. Seattle beat SF 29-3 in Seattle but without the threat of Crabtree. I don't think Crabtree offers SF a 26 point cushion to make up the difference from the last Seattle game.

Still the advantages and dissadvantages are not glaring. Like I said... this will be an epic game and if the ball bounces one team's way more than the others either team could win.

All season long you have triumphed the Seahawks. You have repeatedly stated how the Gulls have stomped the 49ers in Seattle. Such boasting dates back to late last season and deservedly so. The Seahawks have played great football.

Now its both teams are great and the ball could bounce either way. This is a very significant change. You are very knowledgeable about Seattle. You must have seen a fatal chink in the armor (perhaps it is the realization that the city of Seattle, despite its beauty, never wins anything and Murphy's law will be invoked). Until your responses I would have predicted Seattle in a close game, despite SF stellar play down the stretch. Now I am going with a decisive 49er victory.

Last edited:
What happened Huggy? All year long I have been hearing about the greatness of the Seahawks. Now the difference in the NFC Championship will be the 49ers overlooking the Seahawks. Is it on that thin thread your hopes lie? Frankly, I am a bit disappointed.

Seattle has the home field and has played well against the 49ers on their home field. The 49ers are healthy. Should be a good game.

Seattle IS a great team. So is SF. True I haven't spent the whole year extolling the virtues of the 9ers. That would be because I don't care about San Francisco success. :lol:

Both teams are built nearly identical. They both have mobile QBs that have cost the teams little compared to other upper level teams. This has allowed both teams to load up in talent areas that other teams cannot afford to. SF has built up the talent in thier D and O lines where Seattle has developed the most talented secondary in the NFL. Both teams have a dependable marqui running back. Both Gore and Lynch are hard runners that can take it to the house on any play. Both teams have talented TEs although they are used slightly differently on thier respective teams... Davis is more like a big WR and pushes downfield more often than Miller or Willson. SF has Boldin and Crabtree. Boldin is talented on crossing routes and Crabtree is SFs deep threat. Seattle pretty much cancels out SFs recievers with the fastest closing and hardest hitting secondary. Seattles recievers are not that hard to cover and SF has pedestrian DBs. The advantage Seattle enjoys is that thier recievers are especially clutch at coming down with the ball. All of Seattle's recievers are what Boldin was supposed to be as far as players that fight for and win possession of the football consistantly.

It will be an epic game. I believe Seattle has a measurable advantage at home against the 9ers. That has been demonstrated in thier last two matches in Seattle. This is a fact that cannot be denied. SF only beat the Hawks by 2 points in a recent game at Candlestick. Seattle beat SF 29-3 in Seattle but without the threat of Crabtree. I don't think Crabtree offers SF a 26 point cushion to make up the difference from the last Seattle game.

Still the advantages and dissadvantages are not glaring. Like I said... this will be an epic game and if the ball bounces one team's way more than the others either team could win.

All season long you have triumphed the Seahawks. You have repeatedly stated how the Gulls have stomped the 49ers in Seattle. Such boasting dates back to late last season and deservedly so. The Seahawks have played great football.

Now its both teams are great and the ball could bounce either way. This is a very significant change. You are very knowledgeable about Seattle. You must have seen a fatal chink in the armor (perhaps it is the realization that the city of Seattle, despite its beauty, never wins anything and Murphy's law will be invoked). Until your responses I would have predicted Seattle in a close game, despite SF stellar play down the stretch. Now I am going with a decisive 49er victory.

As well you should. When I am forced to slow down when there is a wreck on the freeway I don't try to look inside the vehicles. I look at the faces of the people standing around the destruction. I'm not as bad as the national news agencies reporters that interview survivors of a tornado as they sift through the garbage for any crumb or scrap of what used to be thier lives. I'm not THAT heartless. BUT that said I do enjoy fans of Seahawk opponents bragging about who was gonna do DAT or whatever...then the blank stares and the crying that follows.

The more spirits crushed the better. The more will to live torn out of your worthless bodies the happier it makes me. For your convenience they, the good people of Northern California, have built a fine tall bridge to use as a last resort when the pain gets to be too much to bare.

The Aurora bridge up here used to be the remedy of choice for the weak willed and those that have made poor choices but the City of Seattle got tired of fishing em out of the ship canal and installed a fence with spikes or something to make it damned near impossible to use that crossing as a means to a dumb asses end.

So you have fallen for my laid back attitude... "however the ball bounces" small talk...blah...blah...blah... :lol:

Maybe it's the 3 1/2 point Seattle edge Vegas premonition that has you going South in this one.

Vegas is rarely accurate in games at the Clink. I believe SF was favored in Seattle week dos.

The gambling boys were only off by nearly thirty on THAT one.

The year before I believe SF had the Nevada nod also.

The more I get the "feel" for Sunday's game the more I see Seattle not only winning ...but winning easily...going away.

Last edited:
Is it just me ??? Or is there a striking resemblence between Colin Kaepernick and the "dueling banjo player"..???

View attachment $banjo.bmp

$imagesCAZRCOW9.jpg

Hides da womens and the chilluns !!!

You making a racial reference?

Nope you rascist pig. It was a geographical social statement. More a reference to trailer trash. Not an endangered species. A group that consistantly votes and bets against their own best interests.

Sure it was, because we all know that trailer trash says, da for the, and womens for women, and chillins for children.

You are a racist and a lair, congrats and a homphobe, talk about the trifecta!

You making a racial reference?

Nope you rascist pig. It was a geographical social statement. More a reference to trailer trash. Not an endangered species. A group that consistantly votes and bets against their own best interests.

Sure it was, because we all know that trailer trash says, da for the, and womens for women, and chillins for children.

Thank you !!

None of my accomplishments will change the fact that the Hawks will spank SF on Sunday.

Thank you !!

None of my accomplishments will change the fact that the Hawks will spank SF on Sunday.

I'm not sure how the game will play out and I have yet to make a prediction, neither are my favorite, but both are very good teams, the line of scrimmage and who gains control, will be the determining factor on the whole game. If Seattle gets the running game going, then Wilson can use the play action to free up receivers. If San Francisco can contain Skittles, then the 49ers stand a fair chance.

Both teams are very similar, the 49ers 13-3 since they met the Seahawks in week 2, and the Seahawks are 12-3.

I see this as a close game and if either gets up by 10 points, it could be over, I don't see a lot of scoring.

However, I could be totally wrong and it could be a blowout either way, that's why they play the game.

Kaepernick needs to bring his 'A' game passing, as I don't see him running effectively against Seattle. Seattle's defense led the league in turnovers, a great momentum shifter, and they should be able to pick Kaepernick like a Thanksgiving stuffed turkey. The refs are gonna let both teams play and that favors a Seattle secondary that has mastered the art of pass interference. 49'er defense will be unable to tame Lynch for a full 4 quarters, which is a major key for them if they have a chance to win.
49'ers have played 6 quarters of smash-mouth football in the last two weeks and the well has to run dry sooner or later; I'm banking on sooner. Seattle offense, only being average in the last 5 weeks, should be able to put enough points on the board to support their defense. With a defense like Seattle has, a world beater offense will not be necessary this Sunday.
I'll take Seattle as they are more likely to be on the up elevator and have a SuperBowl date to keep back East.

Kaepernick needs to bring his 'A' game passing, as I don't see him running effectively against Seattle. Seattle's defense led the league in turnovers, a great momentum shifter, and they should be able to pick Kaepernick like a Thanksgiving stuffed turkey. The refs are gonna let both teams play and that favors a Seattle secondary that has mastered the art of pass interference. 49'er defense will be unable to tame Lynch for a full 4 quarters, which is a major key for them if they have a chance to win.
49'ers have played 6 quarters of smash-mouth football in the last two weeks and the well has to run dry sooner or later; I'm banking on sooner. Seattle offense, only being average in the last 5 weeks, should be able to put enough points on the board to support their defense. With a defense like Seattle has, a world beater offense will not be necessary this Sunday.
I'll take Seattle as they are more likely to be on the up elevator and have a SuperBowl date to keep back East.

Good assessment of the game, I look at Lynch and Gore being the keys. Carolina learned about containing Gore until he tore one off, I think both backs are key to the game. If San Francisco goes with two and three tight end sets, it will help free Boldin and Crabtree on the longer routes. I'm not sold on Kapernick as an NFL QB, however Wilson has not been to stellar in recent games. It is going to be defense and I do think Seattle's secondary is a bit better.

Good assessment of the game, I look at Lynch and Gore being the keys. Carolina learned about containing Gore until he tore one off, I think both backs are key to the game. If San Francisco goes with two and three tight end sets, it will help free Boldin and Crabtree on the longer routes. I'm not sold on Kapernick as an NFL QB, however Wilson has not been to stellar in recent games. It is going to be defense and I do think Seattle's secondary is a bit better.

Thanks, Pap!
It's a tough match-up any way you cut it and often enough they don't play out like we script'em.
Say, the refs try to over-control the game, say the 49'ers linebacker corps put a 'hat' on Lynch, say Kaepernick has a 'career' game, etc., etc......then my analysis gets thrown out the window.

I think it is a close call either way. It will all come down to can Seattle force turnovers? If they do, they will win easy. If they don't, I can see the SF Defense stopping Wilson

Barring turnovers, I think the game will come down to who scores the most TDs in the Red Zone. Driving the field and ending up with FGs will not cut it

My other prediction is that if the SeaHawks lose....HUGGY will blame the refs

I think it is a close call either way. It will all come down to can Seattle force turnovers? If they do, they will win easy. If they don't, I can see the SF Defense stopping Wilson

Barring turnovers, I think the game will come down to who scores the most TDs in the Red Zone. Driving the field and ending up with FGs will not cut it

There was a proposition bet earlier in the week here in Vegas that if the Seahawks lose, will Huggy blame the refs. The public and the wise guys were all over it that he would, so they took it off the board and returned all wagers. :eusa_shifty:

Thankfully I won't have to address blame because I would have a long list of conspiracies and individual failures and shenanigans to consider.

The refs usually make favorable calls for the Seahawks in Seattle.. I E the Tate reception against Green Bay. Even the Temp Refs knew better than to tempt the football gods and the 12th man than let down the Seattle fans. Nuff said on THAT.

BUT as noted Seattle will win. Not because of overactive officiating but because Seattle has the most suffocating secondary in the NFL.

What the DBs need to do is not be TOO aggressive and keep their heads about them when a corner has the bead on the pass and Earl Thomas comes over so fast and furious that he actually breaks up a clear interception and the stupid football ends up getting tipped to the originally intended receiver as it did twice against the Saints. In a way I'm glad that happened in the last game for two reasons. 1... It didn't cost the Hawks the game. 2... It was a good lesson for Thomas and the rest of our deep defenders not to waste opportunities to get a pick six or at the least hand the ball back over to the offense in great field position.

The Seahawks should get at least two turnovers on Sunday.

Wilson needs to play mistake free and deliver strikes when he does find Tate or Baldwin or Kearse free. He doesn't need to pass for more than 200 yards. He needs to make the most out of the few plays when he escapes the pocket and gives his recievers time to get into open space. Against the Saints I noticed that Wilson missed at least two chances to throw to wide open targets which is unlike him. I'm sure after reviewing his performance he saw the same thing and will be more alert for those opportunities against the 9ers.

The wind played a huge part in last week's game so I wasn't too hard on Wilson's performance like I definitely would have been in more favorable conditions.

Brees foolishly threw into the crazy gusts and the result was many wasted plays.

Forum List

Back