San Jose Christmas event includes satanic tree display

I would love that fact be taken to court and argued as to why they should be able to set up on our holidays. Hanukkah is celebrated at about the same time as Christmas, therefore it is understandable. They are obviously just wanting to mock Christmas and Hanukkah, it has nothing to do with anything within their ‘religion’..
I researched satanism and their holidays, there are really none other than ones birthday, and some celebrate Halloween as the day of the dead.
And paganism is not satanism, anyway.
Because Christmas is first and foremost a commercial holiday, and secondly a pagan holiday that happened to be adopted by Christians.
From wiki, and no where do it mention satanism-
It is perhaps misleading even to say that there was such a religion as paganism at the beginning of [the Common Era] ... It might be less confusing to say that the pagans, before their competition with Christianity, had no religion at all in the sense in which that word is normally used today. They had no tradition of discourse about ritual or religious matters (apart from philosophical debate or antiquarian treatise), no organized system of beliefs to which they were asked to commit themselves, no authority-structure peculiar to the religious area, above all no commitment to a particular group of people or set of ideas other than their family and political context. If this is the right view of pagan life, it follows that we should look on paganism quite simply as a religion invented in the course of the second to third centuries AD, in competition and interaction with Christians, Jews and others.
Wikipedia is not a legitimate source, and an opinion written there by an anonymous editor is even less so.
Christians adopted previous holidays and began calling them Christmas. No reason why satanists can’t do the same.
Why is it obvious that they want to mock Christmas?

People wonder why I smile when that state burns.

I'm sure they do. They wonder what kind of sickness would allow someone to derive pleasure from the tragedies of others. Must be Christianity...

When it comes to Christmas....how many of the people here who say "Put the Christ back in Christmas" also put the "Mass back in Christmas"?

As a Bay Arean, San Jose is just as politically fucked-up as San Franshitsco, but more boringly physically functional, not quite the loony human circus than SF is.

What I would like to know is if no one were to give that tree the time a day this year, will it be put up again next year and the year after that and so forth?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

When it comes to Christmas....how many of the people here who say "Put the Christ back in Christmas" also put the "Mass back in Christmas"?

Actually they show up for XMAS mass, but many are absent the rest of the year.

Forum List

Back