Sanctuary

Simply have president Trump withhold all aid to these cities that are full of murders, rapists, robbers, and all Illegal aliens! Church want to protect them, simply TAX that church, as we have seen a presidential E.O. has the weight of law, and even when challenged and the president found to have made Unconstitutional policy, he simply ignores it. With HIM controlling the domestic police, and our military, who there will face off against him?

You are giving executive orders far too much power than they actually and have. If anything, they set policy within the executive branch and does not allow the executive branch to supercede its constitutional authority.

Of course, he could lock down churches and stop giving tax dollars to the sanctuary cities since Congress has written law that allows Him to do that
Unfortunately I'm not giving him too much power as his REGULATIONS such as performed by the EPA, SEC, FAA and others are DEEMED law, without Congressional approval!

They can't set policy that changes how they operate nor create laws. I think the SCOTUS already bust the EPA ass on a case in which they were supposed to seek congressional approval for a new regulation.

By the way--executive orders become null when the POTUS leaves office. However, the new President can reactivate them.

Simply have president Trump withhold all aid to these cities that are full of murders, rapists, robbers, and all Illegal aliens! Church want to protect them, simply TAX that church, as we have seen a presidential E.O. has the weight of law, and even when challenged and the president found to have made Unconstitutional policy, he simply ignores it. With HIM controlling the domestic police, and our military, who there will face off against him?

You are giving executive orders far too much power than they actually and have. If anything, they set policy within the executive branch and does not allow the executive branch to supercede its constitutional authority.

Of course, he could lock down churches and stop giving tax dollars to the sanctuary cities since Congress has written law that allows Him to do that
Unfortunately I'm not giving him too much power as his REGULATIONS such as performed by the EPA, SEC, FAA and others are DEEMED law, without Congressional approval!

They can't set policy that changes how they operate nor create laws. I think the SCOTUS already bust the EPA ass on a case in which they were supposed to seek congressional approval for a new regulation.

By the way--executive orders become null when the POTUS leaves office. However, the new President can reactivate them.

Can you give me a link to executive orders becoming null when the POTUS leaves office?

It's interesting that the crowd that can't shut up about states' rights to the point they endorse nullification and an imagined right of secession can also be such zealous promoters of the federal government having the supreme power to crack down on sanctuary cities.

They are raging hypocrites.

I wonder if trump will hire Sandman type police to hunt down 'runners' or illegal aliens.

Hire? I'm sure he can get millions of volunteers after what we've seen from the leftist around here.

Fascism is the domain of conservatives. You have an inborn need to control other people.

And you anger easily because you can't control anyone.

It's interesting that the crowd that can't shut up about states' rights to the point they endorse nullification and an imagined right of secession can also be such zealous promoters of the federal government having the supreme power to crack down on sanctuary cities.

I wonder if trump will hire Sandman type police to hunt down 'runners' or illegal aliens.

Hire? I'm sure he can get millions of volunteers after what we've seen from the leftist around here.

Fascism is the domain of conservatives. You have an inborn need to control other people.

Ahh..No. I have the inborn need to protect my country from fascism which dems are implementing on a daily basis.
But go ahead and keep it up,it'll spell the end of this country either way.

Illegal Immigration Sanctuary Advocates Silent on San Francisco Killing

The Hill ^ | 7/11 | Jon Feere
As journalists wrote article after article bashing Donald Trump, who said that both "good people" and "people that have lots of problems" cross our border illegally, a five-times-deported illegal alien from Mexico with seven felonies on his record allegedly killed Kathryn Steinle in the sanctuary city of San Francisco. Politicians and activist groups that have been very vocal in promoting sanctuary policies in recent years are suddenly saying next to nothing about Steinle's death or suspect Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez (who has confessed to the killing, but now claims it was an accident). Similarly, many of the journalists who leapt to...

ThanksNBC.jpg

Ahh..No. I have the inborn need to protect my country from fascism which dems are implementing on a daily basis.
But go ahead and keep it up,it'll spell the end of this country either way.

You spelled 'inbred' wrong.

"Sanctuary Cities" have little to nothing to do with states' rights. :slap:

Sure they do.

Last week the RWnuts were cheering the idea that state and local government officials might defy the SCOTUS marriage ruling and claiming it was their legal right.

This week they're trashing that principle as illegal and un-American.

Can you give me a link to executive orders becoming null when the POTUS leaves office?
They don't actually become null. They remain active but a subsequent president can void executive orders by another executive order. No need to go through congress.

So Faux News is pushing this non-issue hard the last few days, the idea of 'sanctuary cities' and how bad they are evidently, even though they are found all over the country including the south.

There are many churches that have declared themselves 'sanctuary churches' where they will take in illegal immigrants and not allow the authorities to have them.

Ah yes the conundrum becomes obvious doesn't it. Kristians want to be able to provide 'sanctuary' but coocoo-con-media is demonizing sanctuary. Another conservative pretzel with extra salt. Can you deny sales of pretzels to gay people?

Once again a lib fails to understand a point of view that is different than their own.

THe concept of State's Rights, as put forth in the Constitution is that powers and responsibilities that are not granted expressly to the Federal Government are thus granted to the States.

Do you need me to cut and paste that from the Constitution for you?

Border control/immigration has always been in the power of the central authority.

AND, I would like to point out that none of the liberals in this thread have anything negative to say about churches having a political and legal role to play in this instance...

They are only active if the President wishes them so. When a president leaves office, he no longer has the ability to keep them active. Hence it is up to the next president to reactivate them or leave them null.

A new president is under no obligation to follow the executive action of the previous president. When Obama leaves office, all his executive actions can be call into review by the next administration and discarded or kept by that administrations whim.

They are only active if the President wishes them so. When a president leaves office, he no longer has the ability to keep them active. Hence it is up to the next president to reactivate them or leave them null.

A new president is under no obligation to follow the executive action of the previous president. When Obama leaves office, all his executive actions can be call into review by the next administration and discarded or kept by that administrations whim.

You BACKPEDDLE almost as good as the POTUS does on E.O.'s!

By law, all cities and states must be sanctuaries.

Federal law can never require anything at all from states or cities, as they must always be entirely independent of any federal jurisdiction.
Federal forces are always inherently abusive, so are supposed to be strictly limited by the Constitution.

Here is what happens when federal forces start to abuse state and local authorities.

City To Pay American War Veteran $190,000 After He Was Detained by ICE

{...
City To Pay American War Veteran $190,000 After He Was Detained by ICE
Nina Golgowski,HuffPost
A Marine combat veteran who was wrongly held for potential deportation for three days after a Michigan police captain reported him to federal immigration officials will be paid $190,000 by the city over the incident.
...}

Forum List

Back