🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sanders shifts on gun control

Here's an idea. Poverty begets violence and other crimes.

Let's solve the poverty problem and everything else will fall into place.
nobody ever wants to actually fix anything anymore.
It's easier to oppose the other guy than it is to come up with solutions.

This has been the GOP's primary strategy for way too long.
That's why nobody likes those fucks anymore. They are full of shit.
The rest of the duopoly is next. Hopefully...

“If you have a manufacturer that is sending guns into an area and really knows that those guns are not being used by the people or bought by the people in that area but are being sold to criminals should we hold that manufacturer liable? Absolutely,” Sanders said on ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday morning.
Gun manufacturers sell their guns to wholesalers, who then sell the guns to dealers, who then sell the guns to those who pass background checks; the idea that S&W takes a windowless white van to the hood and sells guns, no questions asked, to whomever wants one, is as inane as inane ideas get.

Anti-gun loons are desperate for -anything- that will make it harder for the law-abiding to get guns.

“If you have a manufacturer that is sending guns into an area and really knows that those guns are not being used by the people or bought by the people in that area but are being sold to criminals should we hold that manufacturer liable? Absolutely,” Sanders said on ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday morning.
Gun manufacturers sell their guns to wholesalers, who then sell the guns to dealers, who then sell the guns to those who pass background checks; the idea that S&W takes a windowless white van to the hood and sells guns, no questions asked, to whomever wants one, is as inane as inane ideas get.

Anti-gun loons are desperate for -anything- that will make it harder for the law-abiding to get guns.
Anyone who actually believes that what you describe either happens or even could happen simply doesnt know the facts.

More than 5 trillion on poverty in the last 50 years and we have as much of it as ever, I guess money isn't the solution, maybe a cultural shift is needed?

More than 5 trillion on poverty in the last 50 years and we have as much of it as ever, I guess money isn't the solution, maybe a cultural shift is needed?
The most crime ridden cities are also ones run by Democrats for generations. Lets ban Democrats and solve the gun problem.

The most crime ridden cities are also ones run by Democrats for generations. Lets ban Democrats and solve the gun problem.

How about we make the death penalty swift and certain for those who claim a life through criminal activity, probably 50+% of murders have killed before, and many of the new ones are influenced by those who have killed before. Removing previous killers and their influence would go a long way to fixing the problem. You'll never totally eliminate murder.

Sanders gun stance shifts, but is it enough?
Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders, who has copped criticism for his positions on gun control, now appears to be open to changing a 2005 law that shields weapons manufacturers from liability – a bill he voted for.
As gun control has taken a renewed focus in the wake of President Barack Obama’s announcement that he would sign executive orders to try to increase background checks, Hillary Clinton has renewed her focus on her rival’s past stances on gun laws.
Last week, she made the unusual move of calling into MSNBC’s “Hardball” to criticize Sanders’ gun position.
“I think that the excuses and efforts by Senator Sanders to avoid responsibility for this vote which the NRA hailed as the most important in twenty years, points at a clear difference,” Clinton told CBS’s “Face The Nation” on Sunday morning. “It’s a difference that Democratic voters in our primary can take into account.”

I think suing gun manufacturers is stupid as hell and opens the door to all kinds of ludicrous claims
84314276.jpg

Yet another specious argument. Virtually all cities are "run by Democrats". The safe ones, the dangerous ones, the rich ones, the poor ones, the old ones, the new ones. Not that political philosophies have jack squat to do with deciding what day the fucking trash gets picked up anyway....

But yeah, run the same cherrypicking post hoc fallacy over and over. Expect different results. There's a plan.

How about we make the death penalty swift and certain for those who claim a life through criminal activity, probably 50+% of murders have killed before, and many of the new ones are influenced by those who have killed before. Removing previous killers and their influence would go a long way to fixing the problem. You'll never totally eliminate murder.

No you won't, but I think this topic is supposed to be about guns, not the act of murder.

The death penalty has never been an effective deterrent. That's borne out by history. And in the case of mass shootings, those guys (and they're always guys, big hint there), they usually administer their own death penalty as their final act, either self-administered or suicide by cop.

Sanders gun stance shifts, but is it enough?
Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders, who has copped criticism for his positions on gun control, now appears to be open to changing a 2005 law that shields weapons manufacturers from liability – a bill he voted for.
As gun control has taken a renewed focus in the wake of President Barack Obama’s announcement that he would sign executive orders to try to increase background checks, Hillary Clinton has renewed her focus on her rival’s past stances on gun laws.
Last week, she made the unusual move of calling into MSNBC’s “Hardball” to criticize Sanders’ gun position.
“I think that the excuses and efforts by Senator Sanders to avoid responsibility for this vote which the NRA hailed as the most important in twenty years, points at a clear difference,” Clinton told CBS’s “Face The Nation” on Sunday morning. “It’s a difference that Democratic voters in our primary can take into account.”

I think suing gun manufacturers is stupid as hell and opens the door to all kinds of ludicrous claims
84314276.jpg

See this, TNHarley ? This is exactly why I point out your false thread title --- some wags just read the headline and run with it, regardless if the body of the thread contradicts the idea. Here's one of the unwashed who did just that, thinking the thread's about "gun control".

Of course he seems to live on Googly Image memes rather than reality anyway, so he's apparently from the shallow end of the gene puddle, intellectually speaking. Five, count 'em, FIVE completely self-indulgent wank posts about what's not the topic in the first place.

No you won't, but I think this topic is supposed to be about guns, not the act of murder.

The death penalty has never been an effective deterrent. That's borne out by history. And in the case of mass shootings, those guys (and they're always guys, big hint there), they usually administer their own death penalty as their final act, either self-administered or suicide by cop.

I don't give a shit about a deterrent, I want to ensure there are no repeat offenders and their influence is removed from society at large. Here's an idea, hold the offenders responsible, not the people who make the tool they use, regardless if it's a bat, hammer, vehicle, knife or a gun.

I don't give a shit about a deterrent, I want to ensure there are no repeat offenders and their influence is removed from society at large.

Then why did you specify "death penalty" --- as if that's the only way to "remove" offenders?

Here's an idea, hold the offenders responsible, not the people who make the tool they use, regardless if it's a bat, hammer, vehicle, knife or a gun.

Here's a better idea: stop arguing against your own strawman.

More than 5 trillion on poverty in the last 50 years and we have as much of it as ever
Not true. Seniors are far better off economically than they were prior to 1964. And overall poverty is much lower.

Forum List

Back