Sanders: Universal Healthcare and Free College Aren’t Radical Ideas, They Are ‘Human Rights’

You think that it's right that I made more money last year than you'll make in your entire life? And, I paid less percentage of my income in federal tax than you did too!

I seriously doubt that.

If you doubt that the wealthy pay less percentage of their income in federal tax than you and yours -- you're a complete fool. Loopholes are written for the rich, by Republicans.

Of course I do, did you pay less than 2.57% of your gross income? Also I don't know any wealthy people who spend their time on a message board.

Seems you don't know ANY wealthy people. We're no different than you are.....we just 'get it,' leaving plenty of time to do what we want.

Actually I know a few, but I got my figure wrong, it should read .00257% of gross income in income taxes. I see you ignored even the higher figure, so I'll take that as a no, you don't pay a lower percentage.

I paid $1.2M on $36.5M in total income. Do the math.

You think that it's right that I made more money last year than you'll make in your entire life? And, I paid less percentage of my income in federal tax than you did too!

You're the boards biggest Poseur, bigger than Starkey

And yet you can't refute any of my posts. Perhaps you're the boards biggest loser.

Dude, nothing is "free"

That's it? "Dude, nothing is "free"
That's their mantra....they just repeat it over and over and over like drones. War isn't free either. Ya see them bitching about that? Nope. They don't bitch about those taxes paying for war just when its used to pay for education and healthcare.

Our federal government has a Constitutional obligation to protect this country. They don't have a Constitutional obligation to provide healthcare or the most expensive education of the industrialized nations in the world.

12074985_543364195815354_3642820799514287384_n.jpg

You're the boards biggest Poseur, bigger than Starkey

And yet you can't refute any of my posts. Perhaps you're the boards biggest loser.

Dude, nothing is "free"

That's it? "Dude, nothing is "free"
That's their mantra....they just repeat it over and over and over like drones. War isn't free either. Ya see them bitching about that? Nope. They don't bitch about those taxes paying for war just when its used to pay for education and healthcare.

Our federal government has a Constitutional obligation to protect this country. They don't have a Constitutional obligation to provide healthcare or the most expensive education of the industrialized nations in the world.
Invading countries minding their own business is NOT protecting us. Its making us less safe.Oh and the government is supposed to insure equal rights so why are so allowed an education but not others? Why are some allowed healthcare but not others? :)

Oh and since the Rich CAN pay more they SHOULD pay more.

They DO!!!

Only because 1% of $1M is more than 1% of $50k.

The rich pay less percentage of their total income in federal tax than you.

The rich do not pay the most taxes, they pay ALL the taxes
Jane Wells | @janewells
Wednesday, 11 Dec 2013 | 11:56 AM ET

Top 40% paying ALL income taxes, and leaving a tip

I make more money than 800 average taxpayers. Are you telling me that I buy more stuff and pay more sales tax than 800 average taxpayers? Really? Oh and besides, of the sales tax I do pay, I deduct to reduce federal tax.

They DO!!!
Not really. They get tax breaks and find loopholes.Just another reason to vote for Sanders. Its why we had such a high tax rate for the rich in the 50's they couldn't buy politicians then.

No, it's just that people were not that mobile back then.

Back in the 50's, people didn't have the communication we have today. When they taxed the rich, they had nowhere to go that was better.

Today is altogether different. Businesses can move and transport goods much safer thanks to technology. Businesses owners can move and stay in touch with their investments at home along with family and friends. Big shots have meetings over the internet rather than flying everybody to one location which gets expensive. Travel today is not that dangerous as it was in the 50's when we didn't have satellites to alert us of bad weather.

Just another reason to vote Sanders?

If our tax rate were 0%, our federal government would collect 0 dollars. If our tax rate were 100%, our federal government would still collect 0 dollars because who would be stupid enough to create wealth?

Let's see your argument that being healthy and educated ISN'T - Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

They DO!!!

Jane Wells | @janewells

I make more money than 800 average taxpayers. Are you telling me that I buy more stuff and pay more sales tax than 800 average taxpayers? Really? Oh and besides, of the sales tax I do pay, I deduct to reduce federal tax.

If you really are that wealthy, and you take all your tax deductions while complaining about how little the wealthy pay, then you're a hypocrite. If you believe in more taxation, charity starts at home. Our federal government accepts checks, credit cards and money orders.

Let's see your argument that being healthy and educated ISN'T - Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Very well:

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, that grants Congress the right of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, Annals of Congress, 1794.

Question: had we adhered to Madison's words, would we be 19 trillion dollars in debt and growing as we are today?

Our Constitution guarantees us the right to pursue life liberty and happiness--not provide it.

Why?

If the rich should pay more because they earned more, why stop at money?

For instance, if you have a dozen beautiful hedges in your front yard, would it not be fair if the federal government came along and took six of your hedges so to give to your neighbor down the street that has no hedges?

If you are an entertainment nut, and have three big screens in your home, would it not be right for the federal government to come along and take two of your big screens and give them to people that have no big screen televisions in their home?

Does everybody in your family have a car: you, your wife, your children? If so, shouldn't government come along and take a few of your cars away to give to a family that has no automobiles?

If these comparisons sound ridiculous, they are. So why is it not ridiculous to do the exact same thing when it comes to money?

No, it's just that people were not that mobile back then.

Back in the 50's, people didn't have the communication we have today. When they taxed the rich, they had nowhere to go that was better.

Today is altogether different. Businesses can move and transport goods much safer thanks to technology. Businesses owners can move and stay in touch with their investments at home along with family and friends. Big shots have meetings over the internet rather than flying everybody to one location which gets expensive. Travel today is not that dangerous as it was in the 50's when we didn't have satellites to alert us of bad weather.

Just another reason to vote Sanders?

If our tax rate were 0%, our federal government would collect 0 dollars. If our tax rate were 100%, our federal government would still collect 0 dollars because who would be stupid enough to create wealth?

Or was it Nixon allowing Japan to product dump in return for USAF base's in southern Japan. Or Reagan putting the US in the world economy.

Air travel today is safer due to Doppler radar installed in FAA facilities which Regan fought, even firing Air Traffic Controllers. What did he care, even then Air Force One had access to Doppler radar.

I seriously doubt that.

If you doubt that the wealthy pay less percentage of their income in federal tax than you and yours -- you're a complete fool. Loopholes are written for the rich, by Republicans.

Of course I do, did you pay less than 2.57% of your gross income? Also I don't know any wealthy people who spend their time on a message board.

Seems you don't know ANY wealthy people. We're no different than you are.....we just 'get it,' leaving plenty of time to do what we want.

Actually I know a few, but I got my figure wrong, it should read .00257% of gross income in income taxes. I see you ignored even the higher figure, so I'll take that as a no, you don't pay a lower percentage.

That would be a larger percentage than me. And that is personal income?

They DO!!!

Jane Wells | @janewells

If you really are that wealthy, and you take all your tax deductions while complaining about how little the wealthy pay, then you're a hypocrite. If you believe in more taxation, charity starts at home. Our federal government accepts checks, credit cards and money orders.

I'm not complaining, I'm rubbing it in your face that the people that you voted made it possible.

You would have to rearrange the education system. It would please many on both sides. But, many would not be going to a university anyway.

Look at the structure and where it begins to branch off. Now, I know that we have a history hear but it does not have to take the same route. Further, recognizing that unwise decisions are made at a young age, many countries have created an option to backtrack and return to college.

There are people that have been vocal on the board about apprenticeship and vocational training. Check out Germany and Sweden. Notice that the special education students have their own schools.
Education in Sweden

How To Germany - German School System

Very well:

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, that grants Congress the right of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, Annals of Congress, 1794.

Question: had we adhered to Madison's words, would we be 19 trillion dollars in debt and growing as we are today?

Our Constitution guarantees us the right to pursue life liberty and happiness--not provide it.

It's NOT 1794, it's 2015.

Then pass the Schumer/Lindsay Graham Immigration Bill with a good SS ID card and END THIS PUB MESS.

And of course all quintiles pay about the same (20-30% in all taxes and fees), hater dupe.
We can pass any bill you like, so long as the 12,000,000 peckerwoods who are already here, are forced to go home.

That would be a larger percentage than me. And that is personal income?

So what percentage did I pay?

Forum List

Back