🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sandy Hook families can sue gun manufacturers.

Should crime victims be able to sue gun manufacturers?

• Total voters
The fact is, most gun owners favor stronger gun laws. Comprehensive background checks.

Another fact is that gun makers and opioid manufacturers deliberately flooded a market they know is oversaturated. They knew damned well their pills and their guns were going to end up in the hands of people who had no business consuming their pills or possessing their guns.

There are only so many people in America who need opioids. Yet the drug makers manufactured exponentially more than is needed. No one will ever convince me they didn't deliberately create the opioid crisis to boost profits.

There are only so many people in America who can and should own a gun. No one will ever convince me the gun makers didn't deliberately create the mass murder crisis in America to boost profits.

Trump whines and whines about an imaginary crisis on the border. Meanwhile, 30 Americans are being murdered by guns every day. I don't see Trump or Fox News using one of those victims as their poster child for a national emergency.

The people who should be sued over Sandy Hook, is Congress for the Gun Free School Zone Act of 1990.
When I was a kid, there was always some school employee who was armed or had arms access.
It was insane to disarm teachers.

The schools are legally liable.
As en loco parentis, schools are liable for the defense of the children, just as the parents at home traditionally had a shotgun over the mantel.
Schools unable to defend the children should be charged with child endangerment.

If an apartment owner allows you to get hurt or killed, they can be sued if they didn't provide adequate security. Shouldn't people on government property expect that same level of security and know they can sue for damages when the government does not adequately protect you?

The Courts have said that the LEOs have no duty to protect the individual and then they tell the individual you cannot carry a weapon into certain places. Is there something wrong with that picture or is it my imagination?

Yes, clearly gun control only infringes upon the ability of self defense, because it can never reduce weapons in the hands of those intent on violating law with far greater punishments, like murder.
In the advanced nations like ours which have strict gun control, the homicide rate is a tiny fraction of what it is here.

Countries who do not have massive systemic causes of crime like the US does, think they do not need firearms, so mistakenly try to eliminate them. But that does not at all show any causal correlation, and in fact history shows ALL countries decay, become corrupt, and will all need weapons in the hands of the general population eventually. It is very short sighted to believe suddenly history will totally change, and governments will miraculously stop being corrupt or unstable.

It should be obvious to anyone that a democratic republic is absolutely and completely dependent upon an armed population.

The people who should be sued over Sandy Hook, is Congress for the Gun Free School Zone Act of 1990.
When I was a kid, there was always some school employee who was armed or had arms access.

As en loco parentis, schools are liable for the defense of the children, just as the parents at home traditionally had a shotgun over the mantel.
Schools unable to defend the children should be charged with child endangerment.

If an apartment owner allows you to get hurt or killed, they can be sued if they didn't provide adequate security. Shouldn't people on government property expect that same level of security and know they can sue for damages when the government does not adequately protect you?

The Courts have said that the LEOs have no duty to protect the individual and then they tell the individual you cannot carry a weapon into certain places. Is there something wrong with that picture or is it my imagination?

Yes, clearly gun control only infringes upon the ability of self defense, because it can never reduce weapons in the hands of those intent on violating law with far greater punishments, like murder.
In the advanced nations like ours which have strict gun control, the homicide rate is a tiny fraction of what it is here.

And what nation might that be?

Countries who do not have massive systemic causes of crime like the US does, think they do not need firearms, so mistakenly try to eliminate them. But that does not at all show any causal correlation, and in fact history shows ALL countries decay, become corrupt, and will all need weapons in the hands of the general population eventually. It is very short sighted to believe suddenly history will totally change, and governments will miraculously stop being corrupt or unstable.

It should be obvious to anyone that a democratic republic is absolutely and completely dependent upon an armed population.

We would be a better nation had we not made it a democratic republic, but kept it as the Republican Form of Government guaranteed in Article 4 Section 4 of the Constitution. But, point well taken.

Gun control nations are always pointing to their figures on crimes by firearms, but conveniently avoid apples to apples comparisons like how their countries stack up with homicide in general, rape, robbery, burglary, etc. and how "free" those people actually are.

The fact is, most gun owners favor stronger gun laws. Comprehensive background checks.

Another fact is that gun makers and opioid manufacturers deliberately flooded a market they know is oversaturated. They knew damned well their pills and their guns were going to end up in the hands of people who had no business consuming their pills or possessing their guns.

There are only so many people in America who need opioids. Yet the drug makers manufactured exponentially more than is needed. No one will ever convince me they didn't deliberately create the opioid crisis to boost profits.

There are only so many people in America who can and should own a gun. No one will ever convince me the gun makers didn't deliberately create the mass murder crisis in America to boost profits.

Trump whines and whines about an imaginary crisis on the border. Meanwhile, 30 Americans are being murdered by guns every day. I don't see Trump or Fox News using one of those victims as their poster child for a national emergency.

And most people are also idiots who believed the obvious lies about Iraq having WMD.
Clearly guns are not at all a problem, but we have a violence problem because our society is unfair, violent, economically nonviable, anti-social, repressive, fascist, etc.

The gun market is not at all flooded, and the number of armed homes has been steadily decreasing over time.
Anyone who can vote should be allowed to have a gun, and if you want gun control, start with the most violent people, the police and the military.

Obviously this country is so unfair and corrupt, that about 10 times the number being killed should be, starting with the politicians, and then the lawyers.

Lol
Horse shit...

Lol
Horse shit...
Drug firms shipped 20.8M pain pills to WV town with 2,900 people

Drug firm poured 3M opioids into WV town in just 10 months, report says

10K opioids a day sent to 1 WV town

Parents, the government, doctors / mental health officials and Big Pharma created the drug culture. Sadly, many mothers do not want their children off drugs.

Today, with opioids, we lost 70,000 people a year due to opioid overdoses. We lose about two and half times as many people in drug overdoses than we do to firearms (and I'm including ALL firearm deaths from accidental to suicide and from murder to police and military actions.

Adding insult to injury, you could significantly eliminate mass shootings just by making SSRIs available as a LAST treatment option and keeping those on SSRIs in protective custody. EVERYBODY that commits mass shootings tend to be political jihadists and / or young white males on SSRIs.

As for your war on firearms: If you keep those you KNOW cannot be trusted in jail, prison, or mental health facilities, you reduce the numbers of firearm related deaths. Unfortunately for you, the Right to keep and bear Arms is a natural, inherent, unalienable, God given, absolute, and irrevocable Right. In my lifetime and yours there will ALWAYS be firearms. So, while I would never join your fight against our Rights, I would work with anyone who wants to change the drug culture in America. As fate would have it, I do have a plan...

No most gun owners do not favor stronger gun laws because stronger gun laws do nothing to prevent crimes. What we do favor is enforcing current laws. Improving mental health system, controlling the gang system.
STOP comparing an illegal item with a legal item.
Mass murders account for less than 1% of gun deaths

OH FYI I'm a few months ahead of this post there is a crisis at the border sorry to inform you about that.

No most gun owners do not favor stronger gun laws because stronger gun laws do nothing to prevent crimes. What we do favor is enforcing current laws. Improving mental health system, controlling the gang system.

OH FYI I'm a few months ahead of this post there is a crisis at the border sorry to inform you about that.

Statement: "Mass murders account for less than 1% of gun deaths"

Response: Please post the data to support this allegation.

Also, mass murderers cannot be determined until they act; most mentally ill persons are non violent, thus their rights to live without being considered potentially violent is unfair, and using them as a scapegoat is callous.

Also, unless and until we can vet and license gun owners***, or those who want to be owners of guns, we will continue to see mass shootings where the perp has not been fully vetted, and state, county, city and town agencies do not share data on individuals with civil restraining orders, civil judgement (divorces and civil detentions as a danger to themselves or others), any military or school records, and the opinions of family, friends, employers and neighbors.

All of these and more are required by most police agencies when a person applies for employment; even then mistakes happen and armed officers, deputies, agents can be or become risks to the community.

Also, mass murderers cannot be determined until they act; most mentally ill persons are non violent, thus their rights to live without being considered potentially violent is unfair, and using them as a scapegoat is callous.

Also, unless and until we can vet and license gun owners***, or those who want to be owners of guns, we will continue to see mass shootings where the perp has not been fully vetted, and state, county, city and town agencies do not share data on individuals with civil restraining orders, civil judgement (divorces and civil detentions as a danger to themselves or others), any military or school records, and the opinions of family, friends, employers and neighbors.

All of these and more are required by most police agencies when a person applies for employment; even then mistakes happen and armed officers, deputies, agents can be or become risks to the community.

Here you go......

2017, 10,982 gun murders

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Deaths in mass public shootings in 2017......117

US mass shootings, 1982-2019: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation

by year....

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones
1985...(none listed)
1983 (none listed)

Gun ownership is a Right, there is no vetting that isn't a restriction on that Right. The mass shooters who had mental issues were well know to both their mental health professionals and to the police well before the act....licensing millions of normal people, to cover the mistakes of the police in not dealing with dangerous people will not stop mass public shootings

Parkland...the police made 30 visits to his home, and the shooter had committed felonies at his school.

Pulse Nightclub....the shooter passed an extensive work background check, a background check for each gun purchase, 2 full, FBI interviews an extensive FBI background investigation and an undercover approach.

Vegas shooter...no history of mental illness...passed federal background checks on every single purchase...

So nothing you posted is accurate or relevant to this discussion........

Gun ownership is a Right, there is no vetting that isn't a restriction on that Right. The mass shooters who had mental issues were well know to both their mental health professionals and to the police well before the act....licensing millions of normal people, to cover the mistakes of the police in not dealing with dangerous people will not stop mass public shootings

Parkland...the police made 30 visits to his home, and the shooter had committed felonies at his school.

Pulse Nightclub....the shooter passed an extensive work background check, a background check for each gun purchase, 2 full, FBI interviews an extensive FBI background investigation and an undercover approach.

Vegas shooter...no history of mental illness...passed federal background checks on every single purchase...

If nothing I posted is accurate or relevant, why do you always flip out and posts rants?

I can’t see this going anywhere. Based on this precedent, we can now go down the slope of suing car manufacturers and knife makers. The same mindset that mows down people on a crowded sidewalk with a car or wield a knife at people at an IKEA is the same mindset that shoots up a school.

If nothing I posted is accurate or relevant, why do you always flip out and posts rants?

He didn't post a rant. He posted factual data that shows your opinions to be factually wrong.

I merely point out how nothing you post is correct. Why should you post inaccurate information and ideas and not get challenged on it?

Also.....can you explain, in detail, the magic of Licensing law abiding gun owners, and registering guns?

Can you explain how either one actually reduces criminal access to guns, or stops mass public shooters?

Please, explain the actual way they work.....because you are putting them out there as "common sense" when neither one works. There is no need to license gun owners, unless you simply want to extract money for the fees.....or to increase the red tape to discourage gun ownership. As far as registration goes....Canada already did it, and it was a complete failure....for just 15 million long guns, where the cost, the waste of time, and the waste of manpower showed that registration doesn't work.

Also, again, criminals do not have to register their illegal guns, as per a Supreme Court ruling.

So....what exactly would licensing and registration accomplish if they are "common sense?"

Also.....registration? Again, Britain, Germany, France, Canada, Australia, and now New Zealand, all used their registration lists to later confiscate and ban guns....so tell us again, how registration does not = eventual confiscation.

I can’t see this going anywhere. Based on this precedent, we can now go down the slope of suing car manufacturers and knife makers. The same mindset that mows down people on a crowded sidewalk with a car or wield a knife at people at an IKEA is the same mindset that shoots up a school.

And the trial lawyers already plan on doing exactly that...and it just so happens they are one of the biggest contributors to the democrat party, the party pushing suing gun makers....

nothing coming from an anti-gunner is accurate or relevant

Forum List

Back