🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sandy Hook families can sue gun manufacturers.

Should crime victims be able to sue gun manufacturers?

• Total voters
No they can't. Lol. When has a knife manufacturer been sued for someone killing someone with a knife? Links?

You don't SUE a manufacturer for misusing the product! Where does it end? You want to fill up our courts with frivolous lawsuits or something, which costs taxpayer monies? Retarded.

With ONE major exception to the above (I really didn't want for this thread to resurface...but, alas)

A manufacturer of knives can easily and truthfully state that the knife has several other functions rather than stabbing someone; while a gun manufacturer (as cigarette manufacturers have long found out) CANNOT say anything about his product except that its function is to either target shoot or KILL another human being.
Stupid is and stupid does... any lawsuit against firearm manufacturers is a stupidly weak action and frivolous at best and most likely criminal. People kill not firearms...
The people that sue deserve the shit that rained down on them... cowardly frivolous fucks.

No they cannot. They can sue if the product is DEFECTIVE. You can't sue the manufacturer if you intentionally misuse the product.
So why are there SPECIAL legal immunity on the books for gun manufacturers?
The answer is that you actually don't know what the fuck you are talking about, that's why.
Yes you actually CAN sue knife manufacturer for crimes committed with their knifes, just as you can sue ANY product...which doesn't have a powerful lobby that can get legal immunity.
You cannot cite a single case where the manufacturer of a knife, baseball bat or automobile was held liable when someone stole the item in question and then killed other people.
Note one.

When a liberal talks about men with guns having a small penis, we gun owners KNOW who really have the small dicks. That is why a Cuban Cigar had to be used on Monica. Liberals have to have a government take care of them, they need that government to push the rest of US around, because those little dicks, are fucking cowards. Why else do they have penis envy, when it comes to guns?

I don't think you understand the liberal mentality. They think they are smarter than everybody else, so they often try to use reverse psychology to get their way. In their minds, it's supposed to work something like this:

You gun owners only need a gun because you have small penises.

Oh no! I don't want anybody to think I have a small penis. I'm going to get rid of this gun so people don't look at me that way.

Believe it or not, this is what goes on in the mind of a liberal. Until we actually find a cure for it, they will continue to think this way.

They can't conceive of people who just don't give a rat's furry behind what other people think, because they're all stuck in junior high and paralyzed by peer pressure.

I don't own any guns myself, but I do recognize the importance of our rights and our right to own a weapon.

Hey Chris, do parents have the right to send their kids to school and not expect some crazed kid whose mom bought him an AR15 to come into the school and kill a bunch of kids.

Do parents have that right Chris? You don't have guns you say. You got kids? Which one is more important; your gun rights or your kids life?

Do posters to this board have a right not to be interrogated with half-assed, ridiculous straw man hypotheticals by a Torquemada wannabe? Could we possibly get that right?

Is it at all possible you could argue the actual facts without making hysterical crap up out of thin air?

Kids' lives were safe at school when kids could bring a rifle or shotgun with them and use it to hunt on the way home.

What are you; a hundred and ten? Had to hunt rabbits on the way home for supper.

I started going to school in 1959. No one brought guns to school. For any reason.

Yes, and the entire country is JUST like your little corner of it. No one EVER has experiences different from yours, because you are representative of all Americans everywhere. :rolleyes:

Guns are not going to disappear because YOU don't like them. They are here and you can't put Pandora back in the box. If they were completely banned, people would smuggle them in and flood the underground market with them. Then your gun control measures would be even MORE useless. Then, there would be no way to track them, there would be no background checks, and you would make things even worse!

I have mentioned this before. The prison my husband used to work for had a display in their front lobby of all the contraband - including homemade firearms - that had been seized in cell searches of their facility. If prison inmates - who aren't the brightest cross-section of the population by any means - can figure out how to make working guns out of what they can lay hands on while incarcerated, this is NOT a technology liberals can eradicate, no matter HOW many laws and bans they pass.

fraud? What in the hell are you babbling about? I said school shootings are rare, and they are. That is a fact.

The people in Conn are not talking about a "rare" event. Matter of fact, they don't give a fuck school shootings are rare. They experienced one already and one is enough for them.

You don't like that they feel that way, I would imagine some of them would tell you tough shit. I would.

Ehrmagerd, the FEELZ! The liberal doctrine of The Infallibility of Victimhood strikes again!

I always laugh when some pinhead reporter refers to an AR-15 as a "military-style rifle".
lol.gif

You cannot cite a single case where the manufacturer of a knife, baseball bat or automobile was held liable when someone stole the item in question and then killed other people.
Note one.

I don't have access to nexis lexis to give specific examples NOR DO I NEED THEM to state basic facts. There is only one way to prevent suing - a special law that grants immunity. Gun industry is nearly unique in that it has such immunity.

Last edited:
Note one.
I don't have access to nexis lexis to give specific examples NOR DO I NEED THEM to state basic facts.
I accept your concession of he point.

I always laugh when some pinhead reporter refers to an AR-15 as a "military-style rifle".
lol.gif
I can no longer find the amazing level of ignorance in this country concerning guns amusing. The media feeds into this constantly and seems to have no concern for truth whatsoever.

Note one.
I don't have access to nexis lexis to give specific examples NOR DO I NEED THEM to state basic facts.
I accept your concession of he point.
As I accept yours as to my actual point.
You cannot support your point, a fact you are fully aware of.
Manufacturers have never been liable when their product was stolen from its legal owner ans used to commit crime.
Not once has this happened.

Note one.

I don't have access to nexis lexis to give specific examples NOR DO I NEED THEM to state basic facts. There is only one way to prevent suing - a special law that grants immunity. Gun industry is nearly unique in that it has such immunity.
Your statement is meaningless if you cannot produce a single example of such happening. Without that the law is nothing more than a protection from a flood of frivolous lawsuits.

Sandy Hook families can sue gun manufacturers.

Sandy Hook families can sue gun industry

BRIDGEPORT — Gun-safety advocates hailed a judge’s ruling that victims’ families can sue the manufacturer of the military-style rifle used in the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

hey called the Thursday decision by Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellisa landmark in the fight against the epidemic of mass shootings.

Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said it was an “important win” for the Newtown families and other victims.

“They deserve their day in court and we are pleased that at least for now they'll get it, despite the defendants' best efforts to derail this case,” Gross said. “Victims of gun violence are not second-class citizens.”

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, who became the state’s leading advocate for gun-control reforms after the Newtown school massacre, said firearms companies should not be allowed blanket immunity from wrongful-death lawsuits.

“I look at this as a moral victory,” Malloy said.

Gun makers, dealers and sellers had claimed the Newtown families did not have legal standing.

But Bellis ruled that the 2005 federal law shielding gun makers from liability does not override the claims by the Sandy Hook families that the Bushmaster XM-15 rifle is a military-style rifle that should never have been marketed to civilians.

The judge’s decisions comes in the middle of a contentious race for the nation’s presidency, in which the Sandy Hook families’ lawsuit has become pivotal.

Bellis ordered participating lawyers to her courtroom Tuesday for a conference to prepare for trial. An appeal of the decision, however, could delay the issue.

Josh Koskoff, the attorney from the Bridgeport-based Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder, representing the Newtown families, said he was pleased with Bellis’s ruling.

“We are thrilled that the gun companies’ motion to dismiss was denied,” Koskoff said in a statement. “The families look forward to continuing their fight in court.”

Attorneys for the defendant gun makers, distributors and dealer did not respond for requests for comment on Thursday.Michael Bazinet, public affairs director for the Newtown-based National Shooting Sports Foundation, said the organization is reviewing the decision and has no comment at this time.

U.S. Sens. Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy, both Democrats, met with gun safety advocates Thursday and called for the repeal of the laws protecting the gun industry from lawsuits.

“It is a historic and seismic step to open the courthouse doors for gun violence survivors and others who have legitimate legal complaints against the gun industry,” said Blumenthal. “It is a powerful impetus and momentum for ongoing reform efforts to stop gun violence that is an epidemic and public health crisis in our nation.”

This next election is CRITICAL...........as there will probably be 3 Supremes nominated.............Here in a lower court..............they say they can now sue the gun manufacturers..................incredible.......

I wonder when I can get a Judge to approve my lawsuit against General Motors. My brother was killed in an accident with a Chevrolet Corvette that can go 120 miles an hour when the speed limit was 65.

No, several other types of businesses have the same protection. When Hil-Liar said that only gun manufacturers have that kind of protection, she lied once again. Even Politifact rated her claim false.

Stupid is and stupid does... any lawsuit against firearm manufacturers is a stupidly weak action and frivolous at best and most likely criminal. People kill not firearms...
The people that sue deserve the shit that rained down on them... cowardly frivolous fucks.

What this country needs is a Loser Pays All law. Sue anybody you like, but if you lose the suit, then you have to pay all the expenses of the person or business you tried to sue.

That would stop most cases like this.

ONE MORE FUCKING TIME, right wingers......

No one wants to ban ALL guns(that is your moronic way of avoiding your own screwed up responsibility)....What many of us want is the banning of MILITARY-STYLE weaponry whose ONLY purpose is to kill ....and to kill as many individuals in the shortest amount of time.

And that would accomplish what exactly?

Forum List

Back