🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sandy Hook families can sue gun manufacturers.

Should crime victims be able to sue gun manufacturers?

• Total voters
fraud? What in the hell are you babbling about? I said school shootings are rare, and they are. That is a fact.

The people in Conn are not talking about a "rare" event. Matter of fact, they don't give a fuck school shootings are rare. They experienced one already and one is enough for them.

You don't like that they feel that way, I would imagine some of them would tell you tough shit. I would.

Kids' lives were safe at school when kids could bring a rifle or shotgun with them and use it to hunt on the way home.

What are you; a hundred and ten? Had to hunt rabbits on the way home for supper.

I started going to school in 1959. No one brought guns to school. For any reason.
Irrelevant to the point, which is that "Your kids' lives or your gun rights" is a false choice.

fraud? What in the hell are you babbling about? I said school shootings are rare, and they are. That is a fact.

The people in Conn are not talking about a "rare" event. Matter of fact, they don't give a fuck school shootings are rare. They experienced one already and one is enough for them.

You don't like that they feel that way, I would imagine some of them would tell you tough shit. I would.

Regardless of your emotional outburst, school shootings are less than 0.1% of crimes committed. VERY rare.

Again, if someone is willing to face life in prison, the death penalty or kill themselves and committing such a heinous crime to begin with, then NO laws are going to stop them. Duh.

No they can't. Lol. When has

Because you say so? Or is it because you throw a Lol in there?

Normally anyone can sue any company for any product, but there are SPECIFIC immunity exceptions like the one gun lobby has carved out for that industry.

Regardless of your emotional outburst, school shootings are less than 0.1% of crimes committed. VERY rare.

Again, if someone is willing to face life in prison, the death penalty or kill themselves and committing such a heinous crime to begin with, then NO laws are going to stop them. Duh.

well the only laws that may stop them

would be laws allowing the carry of personal firearms

in such places

No they can't. Lol. When has

Because you say so? Or is it because you throw a Lol in there?

Normally anyone can sue any company for any product, but there are SPECIFIC immunity exceptions like the one gun lobby has carved out for that industry.

No they cannot. They can sue if the product is DEFECTIVE. You can't sue the manufacturer if you intentionally misuse the product.

well the only laws that may stop them

would be laws allowing the carry of personal firearms

in such places

That's right. Fight fire with fire! :D

No they cannot. They can sue if the product is DEFECTIVE. You can't sue the manufacturer if you intentionally misuse the product.

So why are there SPECIAL legal immunity on the books for gun manufacturers?

The answer is that you actually don't know what the fuck you are talking about, that's why.

Yes you actually CAN sue knife manufacturer for crimes committed with their knifes, just as you can sue ANY product...which doesn't have a powerful lobby that can get legal immunity.

If gun victims are allowed to sue gun manufacturers, every American and their families who are victims of crimes perpetrated by illegals should be able to sue Barry!

If gun victims are allowed to sue gun manufacturers, every American and their families who are victims of crimes perpetrated by illegals should be able to sue Barry!

You are just all too happy to flaunt your stupid aren't you?

No they can't. Lol. When has a knife manufacturer been sued for someone killing someone with a knife? Links?

You don't SUE a manufacturer for misusing the product! Where does it end? You want to fill up our courts with frivolous lawsuits or something, which costs taxpayer monies? Retarded.

With ONE major exception to the above (I really didn't want for this thread to resurface...but, alas)

A manufacturer of knives can easily and truthfully state that the knife has several other functions rather than stabbing someone; while a gun manufacturer (as cigarette manufacturers have long found out) CANNOT say anything about his product except that its function is to either target shoot or KILL another human being.

ONE MORE FUCKING TIME, right wingers......

No one wants to ban ALL guns(that is your moronic way of avoiding your own screwed up responsibility)....What many of us want is the banning of MILITARY-STYLE weaponry whose ONLY purpose is to kill ....and to kill as many individuals in the shortest amount of time.

No they can't. Lol. When has a knife manufacturer been sued for someone killing someone with a knife? Links?

You don't SUE a manufacturer for misusing the product! Where does it end? You want to fill up our courts with frivolous lawsuits or something, which costs taxpayer monies? Retarded.

With ONE major exception to the above (I really didn't want for this thread to resurface...but, alas)

A manufacturer of knives can easily and truthfully state that the knife has several other functions rather than stabbing someone; while a gun manufacturer (as cigarette manufacturers have long found out) CANNOT say anything about his product except that its function is to either target shoot or KILL another human being.

No...wrong again......a gun can be used to save lives, stop crime and keep the peace.......try again.

ONE MORE FUCKING TIME, right wingers......

No one wants to ban ALL guns(that is your moronic way of avoiding your own screwed up responsibility)....What many of us want is the banning of MILITARY-STYLE weaponry whose ONLY purpose is to kill ....and to kill as many individuals in the shortest amount of time.

revolvers, lever action rifles, and flintlock rifles were all military guns before they were used by civilians......so you are just wrong....

Rifles with detachable magazines are less deadly in this country than knives are....

Rifles with detachable magazines were used in mass public shootings to kill 157 people....... in 34 years....with over 8 million of these rifles in private hands, 5 million of them AR-15s......

(statistic taken from Mother Jones and their list of mass public shootings going back to 1982-2016)

So they aren't deadly compared to knives which are used to murder 1,500 people every single year......Statistic from the FBI table 8 on homicide....

You are just wrong on evrerything you say.....and the 2nd Amendment as confirmed in Miller and Heller protects weapons in common use.....and that defines the AR-15, the most popular rifle in this country for civilians...it is also used by police......5 million of the in private hands.........

No...wrong again......a gun can be used to save lives, stop crime and keep the peace.......try again.

Not worth the time to "try again" with half-brained morons......

But a baseball bat can also "save lives" and"stop crimes"............

I don't know of ANY household that does not have a knife.
I do, however,know of thousands of households that do NOT have a military-style weapon at the ready.

I do, however,know of thousands of households that do NOT have a military-style weapon at the ready.

So....there are 8 million rifles with detachable magazines in private hands in the U.S.....total deaths with these rifles, vs. total deaths with knives......

So....my source......Mother Jones....has a record of mass shootings from 1982....

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2016: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

Total deaths from "Assault" rifles since 1982......157.....over 34 years.....

And I will show you how many were murdered with knives, clubs and bare hands....

From the FBI homicide table 8, weapons used to commit murder...

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Knives..... 1,567 in 2014 vs 157 for Assault rifles in 34 years including Sunday's....

Hands and feet....660 in 2014 vs. 157 for assault rifles in 34 years......

clubs.... 435 in 2014 vs. 157 for assault rifles for the last 34 years....

So in a country of over 320 million people with 8 million of these rifles in private hands.....there are essentially 8 million rifles that are not used to murder anyone.....at all......

And based on that, you want to ban rifles that are used less than hands and feet each year to murder people....you want to ban them from the law abiding people who do not use them for crime, or murder....who use them for self defense, sport, hunting, and collecting....

That is where you rest your case...right..... your irrational fear of an object should be used to make policy for the owners of 8 million of these rifles....

And you think you are rational and intelligent?

there are millions of them.....8 million in private hands.....and almost none of them are used for crime........yet you want them banned because you are paranoid and fearful......

Forum List

Back