🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sandy Hook families can sue gun manufacturers.

Should crime victims be able to sue gun manufacturers?

• Total voters
The fact is, most gun owners favor stronger gun laws. Comprehensive background checks.

Another fact is that gun makers and opioid manufacturers deliberately flooded a market they know is oversaturated. They knew damned well their pills and their guns were going to end up in the hands of people who had no business consuming their pills or possessing their guns.

There are only so many people in America who need opioids. Yet the drug makers manufactured exponentially more than is needed. No one will ever convince me they didn't deliberately create the opioid crisis to boost profits.

There are only so many people in America who can and should own a gun. No one will ever convince me the gun makers didn't deliberately create the mass murder crisis in America to boost profits.

Trump whines and whines about an imaginary crisis on the border. Meanwhile, 30 Americans are being murdered by guns every day. I don't see Trump or Fox News using one of those victims as their poster child for a national emergency.
No most gun owners do not favor stronger gun laws because stronger gun laws do nothing to prevent crimes. What we do favor is enforcing current laws. Improving mental health system, controlling the gang system.
STOP comparing an illegal item with a legal item.
Mass murders account for less than 1% of gun deaths

OH FYI I'm a few months ahead of this post there is a crisis at the border sorry to inform you about that.

Statement: "Mass murders account for less than 1% of gun deaths"

Response: Please post the data to support this allegation.

Also, mass murderers cannot be determined until they act; most mentally ill persons are non violent, thus their rights to live without being considered potentially violent is unfair, and using them as a scapegoat is callous.

Also, unless and until we can vet and license gun owners***, or those who want to be owners of guns, we will continue to see mass shootings where the perp has not been fully vetted, and state, county, city and town agencies do not share data on individuals with civil restraining orders, civil judgement (divorces and civil detentions as a danger to themselves or others), any military or school records, and the opinions of family, friends, employers and neighbors.

All of these and more are required by most police agencies when a person applies for employment; even then mistakes happen and armed officers, deputies, agents can be or become risks to the community.
The number of people killed in mass shootings also fell, from 437 to 373, while the number of people injured in such incidents dropped sharply to 1,347 — a 25 percent decline. Mass shooting deaths represent a mere 1 percent of annual gun deaths.
Gun Deaths Dropped in 2018, Excluding Suicides

The fact is, most gun owners favor stronger gun laws. Comprehensive background checks.

Another fact is that gun makers and opioid manufacturers deliberately flooded a market they know is oversaturated. They knew damned well their pills and their guns were going to end up in the hands of people who had no business consuming their pills or possessing their guns.

There are only so many people in America who need opioids. Yet the drug makers manufactured exponentially more than is needed. No one will ever convince me they didn't deliberately create the opioid crisis to boost profits.

There are only so many people in America who can and should own a gun. No one will ever convince me the gun makers didn't deliberately create the mass murder crisis in America to boost profits.

Trump whines and whines about an imaginary crisis on the border. Meanwhile, 30 Americans are being murdered by guns every day. I don't see Trump or Fox News using one of those victims as their poster child for a national emergency.
No most gun owners do not favor stronger gun laws because stronger gun laws do nothing to prevent crimes. What we do favor is enforcing current laws. Improving mental health system, controlling the gang system.

OH FYI I'm a few months ahead of this post there is a crisis at the border sorry to inform you about that.

Also, mass murderers cannot be determined until they act; most mentally ill persons are non violent, thus their rights to live without being considered potentially violent is unfair, and using them as a scapegoat is callous.

Also, unless and until we can vet and license gun owners***, or those who want to be owners of guns, we will continue to see mass shootings where the perp has not been fully vetted, and state, county, city and town agencies do not share data on individuals with civil restraining orders, civil judgement (divorces and civil detentions as a danger to themselves or others), any military or school records, and the opinions of family, friends, employers and neighbors.

All of these and more are required by most police agencies when a person applies for employment; even then mistakes happen and armed officers, deputies, agents can be or become risks to the community.

Gun ownership is a Right, there is no vetting that isn't a restriction on that Right. The mass shooters who had mental issues were well know to both their mental health professionals and to the police well before the act....licensing millions of normal people, to cover the mistakes of the police in not dealing with dangerous people will not stop mass public shootings

Parkland...the police made 30 visits to his home, and the shooter had committed felonies at his school.

Pulse Nightclub....the shooter passed an extensive work background check, a background check for each gun purchase, 2 full, FBI interviews an extensive FBI background investigation and an undercover approach.

Vegas shooter...no history of mental illness...passed federal background checks on every single purchase...

So nothing you posted is accurate or relevant to this discussion........

If nothing I posted is accurate or relevant, why do you always flip out and posts rants?

He didn't post a rant. He posted factual data that shows your opinions to be factually wrong.

I disagree with both of your conclusions. Keep in mind, "there are lies, damn lies and statistics". No statistic will ever excuse the evil murders of 5 and 6 year old, and their parents and siblings.

You are now going to go to the Callous Conservative Policy Manuel and claim my response is an appeal to emotion. So be it, we will never agree, and I know I'm honest, and I know you are not.

Gun ownership is a Right, there is no vetting that isn't a restriction on that Right. The mass shooters who had mental issues were well know to both their mental health professionals and to the police well before the act....licensing millions of normal people, to cover the mistakes of the police in not dealing with dangerous people will not stop mass public shootings

Parkland...the police made 30 visits to his home, and the shooter had committed felonies at his school.

Pulse Nightclub....the shooter passed an extensive work background check, a background check for each gun purchase, 2 full, FBI interviews an extensive FBI background investigation and an undercover approach.

Vegas shooter...no history of mental illness...passed federal background checks on every single purchase...

If nothing I posted is accurate or relevant, why do you always flip out and posts rants?

He didn't post a rant. He posted factual data that shows your opinions to be factually wrong.

I disagree with both of your conclusions. Keep in mind, "there are lies, damn lies and statistics". No statistic will ever excuse the evil murders of 5 and 6 year old, and their parents and siblings.

You are now going to go to the Callous Conservative Policy Manuel and claim my response is an appeal to emotion. So be it, we will never agree, and I know I'm honest, and I know you are not.
If you cared about kids you would push to protect them in areas they are most vulnerable those gun free zones you place them in.

I’ll bet the auto makers are really dreading this one. I will be able to sue Mercedes Benz because of the injuries my family suffered because the driver of one of their cars failed to stop and hit them head on.
Every auto maked will bear financial responsibility for every drunk driver from now on.

Yeah, well, that's the difference between unemotional, factual arguments, and emotion based opinions.

We use logic and facts to support our positions, and you rely on emotions.

We have never once claimed it is OK for innocent children to be murdered as you imply here. In fact we deplore any violence against anyone. Period.

You don't. In your twisted world view it is ok to assault those who disagree with your views, either through words, as you did here or physical violence as your antifart alter egos do with regularity.

So take your emotional arguments and place them in the circular file, where they belong.

I’ll bet the auto makers are really dreading this one. I will be able to sue Mercedes Benz because of the injuries my family suffered because the driver of one of their cars failed to stop and hit them head on.
Every auto maked will bear financial responsibility for every drunk driver from now on.

Exactly. That's what these dipshits, like Wry don't understand. Open the door a smidge and the flood immediately follows. No business will be left and these idiots will all starve to death when they don't have a supermarket to go to.

Exactly. That's what these dipshits, like Wry don't understand. Open the door a smidge and the flood immediately follows. No business will be left and these idiots will all starve to death when they don't have a supermarket to go to.

And toilet paper......but when they don't have food, they wouldn't need toilet paper anyway.....

Notice how the moron went straight to kids.......they love dragging the dead bodies of children into their arguments....

actually a Connecticut judge ruled against the lawsuit.

A very sad tragedy that could and should have been avoided if his mother had simply denied him access to firearms.

His mother possibly made an attempt to correct the wrong which cost her life, however, as I recall the warning signs were blinking years prior, and once again a nut case slipped through the cracks.

You cannot cite a single case where the manufacturer of a knife, baseball bat or automobile was held liable when someone stole the item in question and then killed other people.
Note one.

I don't have access to nexis lexis to give specific examples NOR DO I NEED THEM to state basic facts. There is only one way to prevent suing - a special law that grants immunity. Gun industry is nearly unique in that it has such immunity.
fine. remove the immunity.

you lose the case, you pay *all* court costs.
Attorneys bringing this action will post a $1 million cash bond to pay defense attorney fees, forfeited on a defensive verdict, regardless of actual defense attorney fees.

It's okay to admit when you are clearly wrong.
:beer:

And toilet paper......but when they don't have food, they wouldn't need toilet paper anyway.....

Notice how the moron went straight to kids.......they love dragging the dead bodies of children into their arguments....

The best kind of human shield is one who can't object to being used as a human shield.

[
gun-control-stupid.jpg

Again, we've hunted the wolf into near extinction, and farmers rarely lose livestock to wolves anymore.

So what would be the result if we hunted the privately owned gun into extinction.

So let me get this straight....

Your side wants to defund the police.
Your side wants to hunt privately owned guns into extinction.

First, who is going to do the hunting, when you defund the police?

But regardless of that.... so basically you advocate for complete lawlessness? So we can just be like Somalia or something?

I don't own any guns myself, but I do recognize the importance of our rights and our right to own a weapon. This kind of stuff makes me so angry! :mad:
---
I also don't own a gun, but also recognize our libertarian right to have weapons ... as long as others can also maintain their rights to liberty/freedom/life.

I believe the issue is about the DEGREE of social harm the weapon can cause vs the need of the individual to have it.
Freedom is inherently dangerous. If you want safety, go live in the PRC, DPRK or Venezuela. The only thing people need to fear there is the government.

Last edited:
Industries usually get sued for defective products.............Did the weapon misfire........................It works as described and as sold........................

How they use it is the people buying the guns problem......................This will get overturned...............Unless the Supers gets stacked with a Kangaroo Court.

Point was, selling a dangerous product with NO BACKGROUND CHECKS as to who might get their hands on them was defective as a business practice. Yes, the gun did EXACTLY what it was designed to do. Those 5.56 MM rounds blew a nice big holes into those preschoolers.. They never stood a fucking chance.

Again, Obama has been spending the last 8 years putting sane judges on the courts. With Scalia taking that well-deserved dirt nap, SCOTUS won't be stopping common sense gun laws anymore.
How stupid are you? Connecticut has a requirement for background checks on all firearm sales, even private, person to person sales. Connecticut has some of the most restrictive firearms sales laws of any state in the nation.

There is no question at all that armed citizens are always safer than armed mercenary police who work for pay, because the mercenary will always be tempted by a higher bidder.

There is no legal basis for police to even exist, since they essentially did not even exist until around 1900.
Giving police a monopoly on firearms would have to be the stupidest and last free thing anyone ever did.

Forum List

Back