Sarah Palin just got some really bad news!

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Sarah Palin is no longer Governor of Alaska, but she will no doubt be spitting feathers at news that a Federal judge just overturned the state’s 16-year-old ban on same-sex marriage.

In 1998, Alaska became the first state to embed marriage inequality in it’s constitution, by defining marriage as a union between one man and one woman — barring same-sex couples from entering into the institution. Palin backed the amendment.

What’s more, she backed Bush Jr’s Federal Marriage Act which sought to roll out this ban at a federal level. The FMA stated:

Marriage in the United States shall consist only of the union of a man and a woman. Neither this Constitution or the constitution of any State, nor state or federal law, shall be construed to require that marital status or the legal incidents thereof be conferred upon unmarried couples or groups.

However, Palin and other opponents of marriage equality have been fighting a losing battle ever since.

At least 27 states now allow same-sex marriage — an increase of 13 states since the month began. Those states are:

Eight more states, currently winding their way through the federal process, are likely to follow shortly:

More on the Alaska ruling at the link.

good grief, you little people are as petty as they come

we got bad news here when you posted this crap

you little people's hate just know no bounds. she hasn't been Governor for Seven YEARS

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You try to marginalize it with insults, but facts are facts. The gay marriage debate is over, and social conservatives are losing. As I predicted in another thread, the GOP won't even run on the issue in 2016. They abandoned the cause when they realized it didn't equal votes. They played socially conservative voters as fools, and now they have given up on the issue.

You try to marginalize it with insults, but facts are facts. The gay marriage debate is over, and social conservatives are losing. As I predicted in another thread, the GOP won't even run on the issue in 2016. They abandoned the cause when they realized it didn't equal votes. They played socially conservative voters as fools, and now they have given up on the issue.

What the hell ever, the only WAY you PEOPLE can win it is by overstepping the peoples vote and relying on black robe justices. so really you people haven't WON jack shit the RIGHT WAY. Still has nothing to do with Sarah Palin

you little people's hate just know no bounds. she hasn't been Governor for Seven YEARS

Fine with me. Next time Sean Hannity addresses her as Governor Palin, please call/email and correct him.

I agree.

What the hell ever, the only WAY you PEOPLE can win it is by overstepping the peoples vote and relying on black robe justices. so really you people haven't WON jack shit the RIGHT WAY. Still has nothing to do with Sarah Palin

Have you opposed decisions made by the Supreme Court that support your opinion the same way you do those that don't?

Was "Citizens United" decided the "right way", or the Right way?

Americans have quickly come to the support of marriage equality, and the issue is over. The GOP can fight tooth and nail, but they won't. They know they have lost.

Have you opposed decisions made by the Supreme Court that support your opinion the same way you do those that don't?

Americans have quickly come to the support of marriage equality, and the issue is over. The GOP can fight tooth and nail, but they won't. They know they have lost.

Really, when did the Supreme take homosexual marriage up?

I'm talking about STATE judges who has no power to OK anything for a LAW

I'm talking about STATE judges who has no power to OK anything into LAW
AGAIN you people haven't won jack shit. they tried to get married in my State and its put on HOLD because it isn't LEGAL

All I can say is thank God there are no Michelle Obama hate threads here at USMB,,,,,ever. Steph, I think you should point that out. This would strengthen your argument that the left is filled with hate but not the right. :thup:
shut up. Palin isn't a governor anymore and nothing she does today affects your all's pathetic lives

Last edited:

The Supreme Court refused to tackle the issue. It means that little to them. That's why gays can legally marry in more than half the states in the country at this point. Afterwards the GOP abandoned the issue, and threw socially conservative Republicans like Huckabee under the bus. It's over. Within ten years every state in the union will recognize same-sex marriage. Give it up. Same sex marriage is here to stay. :D

The Supreme Court refused to tackle the issue. It means that little to them. That's why gays can legally marry in more than half the states in the country at this point. Afterwards the GOP abandoned the issue, and threw socially conservative Republicans like Huckabee under the bus. It's over. Within ten years every state in the union will recognize same-sex marriage. Give it up. Same sex marriage is here to stay. :D
I don't give the shit one or the other but the SUPREME court HAS NOT taken it up. there ya go
But him insinuating this has something with Sarah Palin is bs

I don't give the shit one or the other but the SUPREME court HAS NOT taken it up. there ya go
But him insinuating this has something with Sarah Palin is bs

I agree. Aside from Alaska being the state in question, Sarah Palin has nothing to do with it.

All I can say is thank God there are no Michelle Obama hate threads here at USMB,,,,,ever. Steph, I think you should point that out. This would strengthen your argument that the left is filled with hate but not the right. :thup:
shut up. Palin isn't a governor anymore and nothing she does today affects your all's pathetic lives

Well Steph, as Ms Palin loves the limelight and just loves to say controversial things that brighten the spotlight on her. She does effect people's lives, because some folks (cough, cough) take what she's says seriously. Look at all the $$$$$ that comes her way after Sarah makes one her profound statements.

Forum List

Back