Sarah Palin resigning as Governor of Alaska

i don't buy that. to find the quotes of the sotomayor thingy you just had to do 1 search, very easy. to hunt down jefferson quotes is another kind of sport. confirmed quotes! not some apocryphal shit. that is the problem with those quotes. i pull a random number out of my head, but i will say 65% of quotes attributed to hitler where never correctly tracked to the source. so it is very easy to copy paste an armada of non-confirmed or made-up stuff, attribute it to a famous person, and then hide behind a wall of anonymity. and that is what this scatterbrain maple did, and you defend her.
that wasnt the point, as i had said, his whole basis was that the first line in the post wasnt said by jefferson
well, the guy never claimed jefferson said it

to me that was the point, wouldn't you like to see source to those jefferson quotes? i guess we'd all be surprised how many of them are actually confirmed.
its always a good idea to post a link to something you C&P
and if that was the case that guy should have included the link to where he got them
but my dispute with derek the moron had nothing to do with the actual jefferson quotes, just the one he was wrong about

that wasnt the point, as i had said, his whole basis was that the first line in the post wasnt said by jefferson
well, the guy never claimed jefferson said it

to me that was the point, wouldn't you like to see source to those jefferson quotes? i guess we'd all be surprised how many of them are actually confirmed.
and if that was the case that guy should have included the link to where he got them
but my dispute with derek the moron had nothing to do with the actual jefferson quotes, just the one he was wrong about

i can't imagine how you missed that. derek has a nasty way of using big colored fonts. and he called maple on her? extensive jefferson quote list. the jfk stuff came later.

i personally want to know the sources of these quotes, too. so ii was listening closely.

of course, maple did not deliver. and your running interference did not help either.

i guess i have to hunt myself.

i can't imagine how you missed that. derek has a nasty way of using big colored fonts. and he called maple on her? extensive jefferson quote list. the jfk stuff came later.

i personally want to know the sources of these quotes, too. so ii was listening closely.

of course, maple did not deliver. and your running interference did not help either.

i guess i have to hunt myself.
LOL sorry
derek the moron just kept asking for proof jefferson said that first line over and over
when he never claimed it was said by jefferson in the first place

i'd like maple to post a link of where he got the rest as well

Why the hell is this thread still going? :eusa_eh:

I suspect that Divecon is still trying to cover some of the stupid shit and lies she told.

Like your deliberate lie about trying to label him a "her" even after you have long since learned that DiveCon is male?

You do know that makes you a completely imbecilic looking troll, right?

I doubt you can back up your claim that Divey lied -- about a single thing.

thats just it, none of them have been valid
all its done it waste tax payer funds
and i said basically the same thing about most of the Clinton investigations and they actually DID find problems
there were a lot of convicxtion in THOSE investigation
and NONE against Palin

You're comparing an investigation that covered something like 4 years (?) to an investigation, in this case - that was only begun in April and is far from complete and saying there are no convictions against Palin. The others have also been in a much shorter time frame.

But you might have a valid point - it may well be similar to the Clinton witchhunt. And, like it - maybe there will be some convictions but probably not worth the cost.

It also reminds me both in terms of frivolous lawsuits and legal expenses endured by the defendents - of the Obama birth certificate litigation.

This latest complaint is about how Palin intends to pay for her defense. Rather than seek damages from the adverse party or seek to have the state pay the legal fees, she endorsed and approved of the use of her image and office for the purpose of soliciting money to pay personal bills. Clearly illegal.

With all the whining about Obama hiring lawyers to fight off the CTers, could you imagine if he had a legal defense fund out there collecting money to pay for it?

Exactly. Part of Palin's problem is she ran on a platform of ethics - a maverick who fought the unethical old boys political network - and when it's discovered that she too took advantage of those same questionable tactics, it comes off as pretty hypocritical.

You're comparing an investigation that covered something like 4 years (?) to an investigation, in this case - that was only begun in April and is far from complete and saying there are no convictions against Palin. The others have also been in a much shorter time frame.

But you might have a valid point - it may well be similar to the Clinton witchhunt. And, like it - maybe there will be some convictions but probably not worth the cost.

It also reminds me both in terms of frivolous lawsuits and legal expenses endured by the defendents - of the Obama birth certificate litigation.

This latest complaint is about how Palin intends to pay for her defense. Rather than seek damages from the adverse party or seek to have the state pay the legal fees, she endorsed and approved of the use of her image and office for the purpose of soliciting money to pay personal bills. Clearly illegal.

With all the whining about Obama hiring lawyers to fight off the CTers, could you imagine if he had a legal defense fund out there collecting money to pay for it?

Exactly. Part of Palin's problem is she ran on a platform of ethics - a maverick who fought the unethical old boys political network - and when it's discovered that she too took advantage of those same questionable tactics, it comes off as pretty hypocritical.

Oh really? When did this happen?

Oh really? When did this happen?

Not sure what you mean. Palin made ethics reform a major part of her campaign in the 2006 gubernatorial election and defeated Murkowski. In fact, her first legislative action was a bipartisan ethics reform bill. She was going to "clean up" Alaskan politics. And then what do we find? She's really no different then those she criticized. She lied about her stance on the "bridge to nowhere", she charged Alaskan taxpayers for family travel

In fact, this quote - if it's accurate - when she was Mayor of Wasilla kind of sums up her attitude towards political entitlement: "I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't.'" as quoted by former City Council Member Nick Carney, after he raised objections about the $50,000 she spent renovating the mayor's office without approval of the city council.

Why the hell is this thread still going? :eusa_eh:

I suspect that Divecon is still trying to cover some of the stupid shit and lies she told.

Like your deliberate lie about trying to label him a "her" even after you have long since learned that DiveCon is male?

You do know that makes you a completely imbecilic looking troll, right?

I doubt you can back up your claim that Divey lied -- about a single thing.

Sorry. Divecon comes across as a girl.

Divecon lied. Does it all the time when she's...I mean he, is wrong. Divecon hasn't the ability to gracefully concede when wrong.

The exchange went something like this:

Divecon: Those charges didn't come until after she resigned.

SW: No, she was under investigation since April.

DIvecon: Prove it.

SW: OK. (post proof)

DIvecon: I was talking about a different charge.

SW: OK. What charges then?

DIvecon: Fuck you.

The record is here, if you were really interested in checking it out, you would have. There was an all day conversation about the charges regarding Palins use of funds from her legal defense fund. After talking about it all day, Divecon wasn't aware that those charges were made on April 27. I don't think many people knew, it has just been leaked in the last couple days. She claimed that the charges weren't made until July 14th. Of course, July 14th is the date the investigators report was filed, not the date the investigation began. As soon as it was inescapable that Divecon was mistaken, Divecon then claims that she was talking about different charges. So, either Divecon participated in an all day conversation without reading any other post and was totally speaking off topic from everyone else all day long, which would make her an incredible dumb ass, or she made up a lie because she doesn't have the ability to say "sorry, I didn't know that."

Amazing the lengths "you cons" will go to excuse her. If it were Obama, your knickers would be in such a twist they'd be up your butt.

Haven't had much to say about Palin except that I figured she was under investigation again and that's why she did what she did. Sure enough, as noted above, she was under investigation for using her office for personal gain. Looks like charges are coming.
and since this allegation was filed AFTER she resigned, you FAIL once again

Sweet Willy said:
Dead wrong. As usual, you are making an argument out of ignorance.

These allegations were filed in April, sweetie. She has been under investigation since April on these charges. How coincidental that her resignation came just as the investigator was to announce his findings.

It's just like I and several others said: She resigned under investigation.

Here we have the base of Divecon's lie.

I had said that Palin must have been under investigation when she resigned. When it became public that indeed she was under investigation, I posted in the threas that sure enough, she was under investigation.

Divecon, as you see above, claims that I fail because the charges weren't made until AFTER she resigned. That isn't true. Fact is, she was under investigation when she resigned. The very charges that we had been discussing all day were filed on April 27.

Divecon simply can't bring herself to face facts: Palin resigned under investigation. The charges were not filed after she resigned. They were filed April 27th.

Divecon later claims that she was talking about different charges. What those charges are, we don't know. Divecon never mentioned them before and has declined to cite them since.

Fact is, when Divecon is wrong, she lies.

[

It's More like this...

REPUBLICans are the only one's Striving for Standards, and in that, ANYTHING Less than Perfection is Turned into Scandal by the Left...

The Left Cares NOTHING about Ethics, Standards, Decsency, Morals...

And of it, so they are NEVER Held to a Standard...

That's why the Cockchugger up in New Jersey was a No-Story after a Short Time, and the SpitzerSwallows Fiasco Died Off...

That was HUGE... He was the Top Cop putting People who did what he did Directly into Prison, and the Media, aside from the Sexiness of that Hooker, couldn't have Cared Less... To the Point that they Questioned how Spitzer was Busted... Was that Above Board?... Shitzoo!

But Larry Fucking Craig CONTINUES to get Headlines when the "Free Press" Needs a Distraction.

Christ on a Cracker, Bill Clinton let an Congressman from Illinois out of Prison, a Person he used to Golf with, oh yeah, and who was a Convicted Child Molester...

If a REPUBLICan President let a Convict out of Prison, who was a Pal, and a Former Congressman, and a Child Molester, there would still be Fucking Headlines about it Today...

:)

peace...

[

It's More like this...

REPUBLICans are the only one's Striving for Standards, and in that, ANYTHING Less than Perfection is Turned into Scandal by the Left...

Depends on your definition of "standards" I guess....the Republicans are dropping like flies since their standards for "perfection" appear to be somewhat compromised :cuckoo:

Sure...we have our standards. We never ever chew with our mouths full and we issue a warning before every fart.

That's why the Cockchugger up in New Jersey was a No-Story after a Short Time, and the SpitzerSwallows Fiasco Died Off...

All scandals eventually die to be replaced by something newer, bigger and better - it's the American way :)

That was HUGE... He was the Top Cop putting People who did what he did Directly into Prison, and the Media, aside from the Sexiness of that Hooker, couldn't have Cared Less... To the Point that they Questioned how Spitzer was Busted... Was that Above Board?... Shitzoo!

But Larry Fucking Craig CONTINUES to get Headlines when the "Free Press" Needs a Distraction.

Well...when you're the party that touts "family values" and "morals" (or worse, has the audacity to proclaim itself the "moral majority") then you'd better damn well have your morals in a row all squeaky clean....:eusa_whistle:

Christ on a Cracker, Bill Clinton let an Congressman from Illinois out of Prison, a Person he used to Golf with, oh yeah, and who was a Convicted Child Molester...

....and Pope on a Rope, I had no idea Clinton invented presidential pardons!:eek:

If a REPUBLICan President let a Convict out of Prison, who was a Pal, and a Former Congressman, and a Child Molester, there would still be Fucking Headlines about it Today...

They have and there aren't. Guess you're a little off on your conclusions :)

Screw peace - let Chaos reign! :D

Last edited:
Yo..........the idiot that calls themselves "tha malcontent" (what the fuck dude.......ya had to go to ebonics because english was too hard?).............ever hear of a dude known as Karl Rove? How's about all the other dirty pricks that Bush Jr. pardoned?

Might wanna get a clue and buy a brain moron.

[

It's More like this...

:)

peace...
Bootom Line she is a quitter

ThomasJefferson.jpg

I have made at least a half dozen posts trying to learn the source information of post #1041 that contains quotations from Thomas Jefferson. I have read a lot of Jefferson, and much of this is new to me. Another poster claims that one of the quotes was actually made by President John Fitzgerald Kennedy, not Jefferson.

I was going to wait to make this accusation, but I will make it now. I think the Republicans have rewritten Thomas Jefferson, the founder of the Democratic Party to make it sound like Jefferson would support their agenda. President Reagan tried to pull this some years ago, so I think they are trying it again.

I want to know what book those Jefferson quotes came from.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back