Sarah Palin resigning as Governor of Alaska

ThomasJefferson.jpg

I have made at least a half dozen posts trying to learn the source information of post #1041 that contains quotations from Thomas Jefferson. I have read a lot of Jefferson, and much of this is new to me. Another poster claims that one of the quotes was actually made by President John Fitzgerald Kennedy, not Jefferson.

I was going to wait to make this accusation, but I will make it now. I think the Republicans have rewritten Thomas Jefferson, the founder of the Democratic Party to make it sound like Jefferson would support their agenda. President Reagan tried to pull this some years ago, so I think they are trying it again.

I want to know what book those Jefferson quotes came from.

WTF.png

I have made at least a half dozen posts trying to learn the source information of post #1041 that contains quotations from Thomas Jefferson. I have read a lot of Jefferson, and much of this is new to me. Another poster claims that one of the quotes was actually made by President John Fitzgerald Kennedy, not Jefferson.

I was going to wait to make this accusation, but I will make it now. I think the Republicans have rewritten Thomas Jefferson, the founder of the Democratic Party to make it sound like Jefferson would support their agenda. President Reagan tried to pull this some years ago, so I think they are trying it again.

you are an idiot
that is claer

ThomasJefferson.jpg

What if ol' TJ said it, and was quoted (accurately) as having said it, but TJ did not write it in a BOOK or the person quoting him did not quote him in a BOOK?

If words escape his lips but he did not commit them to a BOOK or have them quoted in a BOOK, then they were never said. :cuckoo:

I think Divey has a point. You do appear to be a bit of an idiot.

ThomasJefferson.jpg

What if ol' TJ said it, and was quoted (accurately) as having said it, but TJ did not write it in a BOOK or the person quoting him did not quote him in a BOOK?

If words escape his lips but he did not commit them to a BOOK or have them quoted in a BOOK, then they were never said. :cuckoo:

I think Divey has a point. You do appear to be a bit of an idiot.
well, thats the same as "if its not on the internet, it didnt happen" type of thinking
;)

7 Republican Posts.

Lots of talk, but no source on post #1041 in this thread.

The Repubs are twisting Thomas Jefferson's words to support their agenda.

All I have asked for, over a half dozen times, is simple source information.

Here is a bibliography format.

Use it you Neanderthals!

neanderthal_280_470743a.jpg

bibliography.png

Last edited:
7 Republican Posts.

Lots of talk, but no source on post #1041 in this thread.

The Repubs are twisting Thomas Jefferson's words to support their agenda.

All I have asked for, over a half dozen times, is simple source information.

Here is a bibliography format.

Use it you Neanderthals!

fucking moron, none of us posted those quotes, so how the fuck can WE give you a link to where they came from
you are so fucking stupid it isnt funny
grow a fucking brain asshole

ThomasJefferson.jpg

Here is where to source Jefferson quotes...

Jefferson Library: A Guide to Thomas Jefferson Quotations: Spurious Quotes

Jefferson Library: A Guide to Thomas Jefferson Quotations

4229C1C109A04D4FB808C496A1B1B01D2.jpg

John F. Kennedy: Remarks at a Dinner Honoring Nobel Prize Winners of the Western Hemisphere.

April 29, 1962

Ladies and gentlemen:

I want to welcome you to the White House. Mr. Lester Pearson informed me that a Canadian newspaperman said yesterday that this is the President's "Easter egghead roll on the White House lawn." I want to deny that!

I want to tell you how welcome you are to the White House. I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together at the White House, with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone.

Someone once said that Thomas Jefferson was a gentleman of 32 who could calculate an eclipse, survey an estate, tie an artery, plan an edifice, try a cause, break a horse, and dance the minuet. Whatever he may have lacked, if he could have had his former colleague, Mr. Franklin, here we all would have been impressed.

In any case, I am delighted to welcome you here. We are delighted to have the Norwegian Ambassador and the Swedish Minister to represent their governments, and we are delighted to have the Nobel prize winners of the Western Hemisphere here at this dinner.

I know that the Nobel prize does not have any geographic or national implications. Mr. Nobel in his will, in fact, made it very clear when he said that he hoped that in the giving of the prize that no attention would be paid to nationality. He declared it to be "my express desire that in awarding the prize, no consideration whatsoever be paid to the nationality of the candidates; that is to say, the most deserving be awarded the prize, whether he or she be Scandinavian or not."

In any case, there is no nationality in the Nobel prize, just as there is no nationality in the acquisition of knowledge. I know that every man here who has won the Nobel prize, not only does he build on the past, which goes back hundreds and thousands of years, on the efforts of other men and women, but he also builds on the efforts of those in other countries; and therefore, quite rightly, the Nobel prize has no national significance.

But I think we can take some satisfaction that this hemisphere has been able to develop an atmosphere which has permitted the happy pursuit of knowledge, and of peace; and that over 40 percent of the Nobel prizes in the last 30 years have gone to men and women in this hemisphere.

And of particular pleasure today is the fact that 13 Nobel prizes for peace have gone to those who live in this hemisphere. I think the pursuit of knowledge, the pursuit of peace, are very basic drives and pressures in this life of ours--and this dinner is an attempt, in a sense, to recognize those great efforts, to encourage young Americans and young people in this hemisphere to develop the same drive and deep desire for knowledge and peace.

So I want you to know that you are most welcome here. I regard this as the most distinguished and significant dinner that we have had in the White House since I have been here, and I think in many, many years.

And I hope that it will stimulate among all people, in this hemisphere and far beyond, the recognition of the close ties that bind all who labor to provide a better life for their people.

So I hope that you will join me in drinking to the Nobel prize winners of this year and other years--and perhaps more widely, to all those people everywhere whom they serve.

When Kennedy was assassinated in 1963, John Kenneth Galbraith wrote that he was relieved that the President had died quickly, fearing the destruction of his wit and intellect as the greater evil.

[
Exactly. Part of Palin's problem is she ran on a platform of ethics - a maverick who fought the unethical old boys political network - and when it's discovered that she too took advantage of those same questionable tactics, it comes off as pretty hypocritical.

It's More like this...

REPUBLICans are the only one's Striving for Standards, and in that, ANYTHING Less than Perfection is Turned into Scandal by the Left...

The Left Cares NOTHING about Ethics, Standards, Decsency, Morals...

And of it, so they are NEVER Held to a Standard...

That's why the Cockchugger up in New Jersey was a No-Story after a Short Time, and the SpitzerSwallows Fiasco Died Off...

That was HUGE... He was the Top Cop putting People who did what he did Directly into Prison, and the Media, aside from the Sexiness of that Hooker, couldn't have Cared Less... To the Point that they Questioned how Spitzer was Busted... Was that Above Board?... Shitzoo!

But Larry Fucking Craig CONTINUES to get Headlines when the "Free Press" Needs a Distraction.

Christ on a Cracker, Bill Clinton let an Congressman from Illinois out of Prison, a Person he used to Golf with, oh yeah, and who was a Convicted Child Molester...

If a REPUBLICan President let a Convict out of Prison, who was a Pal, and a Former Congressman, and a Child Molester, there would still be Fucking Headlines about it Today...

:)

peace...

But in a general sense I would say the right has less tolerance for those who do not meet their moral standards; example the Moral Majority, the Christian right.

Both parties have had their share of leaders have moral melt downs. At the present time the Republicans have more current melt downs than the Democrats; Ensign and Stanford.

When breakdowns happen on the right they are no morally worse than those having breakdowns on the left but because of the intolerance on the right there is a hypocrisy you do not have with those on the left.

If you are going to talk the talk, you better walk the walk.

There are more on the right that their walk does not meet their talk.

[
Exactly. Part of Palin's problem is she ran on a platform of ethics - a maverick who fought the unethical old boys political network - and when it's discovered that she too took advantage of those same questionable tactics, it comes off as pretty hypocritical.

It's More like this...

REPUBLICans are the only one's Striving for Standards, and in that, ANYTHING Less than Perfection is Turned into Scandal by the Left...

That's why the Cockchugger up in New Jersey was a No-Story after a Short Time, and the SpitzerSwallows Fiasco Died Off...

That was HUGE... He was the Top Cop putting People who did what he did Directly into Prison, and the Media, aside from the Sexiness of that Hooker, couldn't have Cared Less... To the Point that they Questioned how Spitzer was Busted... Was that Above Board?... Shitzoo!

But Larry Fucking Craig CONTINUES to get Headlines when the "Free Press" Needs a Distraction.

Christ on a Cracker, Bill Clinton let an Congressman from Illinois out of Prison, a Person he used to Golf with, oh yeah, and who was a Convicted Child Molester...

If a REPUBLICan President let a Convict out of Prison, who was a Pal, and a Former Congressman, and a Child Molester, there would still be Fucking Headlines about it Today...

peace...

But in a general sense I would say the right has less tolerance for those who do not meet their moral standards; example the Moral Majority, the Christian right.

Both parties have had their share of leaders have moral melt downs. At the present time the Republicans have more current melt downs than the Democrats; Ensign and Stanford.

When breakdowns happen on the right they are no morally worse than those having breakdowns on the left but because of the intolerance on the right there is a hypocrisy you do not have with those on the left.

One HUGE problem with your LOGIC here?

Democrats NEVER ADMIT that there is a problem, and they continue to be re-elected. What's wrong with this picture?

I see a DOUBLE STANDARD.

-BET-

It's More like this...

peace...

One HUGE problem with your LOGIC here?

Democrats NEVER ADMIT that there is a problem, and they continue to be re-elected. What's wrong with this picture?

I see a DOUBLE STANDARD.

-BET-

I feel the Democrats are ultimately held accountable as are the Republicans. Spitzer was forced to resign from office. John Edwards fell off the map after the info on his egocentric digression. Clinton's presidency will always have an astrik based on the Lewinski scandal.

The left is more tolerant of constituents behavior than of their leaders behavior.

Some say the right is less tolerant of their constituents behavior than they are their leaders behavior.

Nice try at slight of hand. Here is the statement that appears in your "so-called-source." No wonder you hid it for so long.
If you have not found your quotation in any of the above sources, you must consider the possibility that it may not be a genuine Jefferson quotation. See our Spurious quotations page for more information.
I could smell the stench of Republican propaganda. Every time I think you have gone as low as you can go, you aristocrats surprise me. Just like Reagan stealing from Jefferson to sell his bologne!

monticello.jpg

Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home​

Last edited:

Here is where to source Jefferson quotes...

Jefferson Library: A Guide to Thomas Jefferson Quotations: Spurious Quotes

Jefferson Library: A Guide to Thomas Jefferson Quotations

John F. Kennedy: Remarks at a

Nice try at slight of hand. Here is the statement that appears in your "so-called-source"
No wonder you hid it for so long.

I could smell the stench of Republican propaganda. Every time I think you have gone as low as you can go, you aristocrats surprise me. Just like Reagan stealing from Jefferson to sell his bologne.

hint for you, derek the moron, Bfgrn is a liberal moron like you

Nice try at slight of hand. Here is the statement that appears in your "so-called-source"
No wonder you hid it for so long.

I could smell the stench of Republican propaganda. Every time I think you have gone as low as you can go, you aristocrats surprise me. Just like Reagan stealing from Jefferson to sell his bologne.
hint for you, derek the moron, Bfgrn is a liberal moron like you

"a liberal moron" you say.

Give that a moment, DiveCon.
yes, i know, redundent
;)

I've wasted enough time here. Usually I get paid for doing advertising, but tonight I did it to indulged my ego.

DiveCon I examined your posts to see how many times the word "fail," "failed," or "moron" was used. Moron is always a favorite last ditch effort for the angry who can not communicate. I was exhilerated at first, then all the zest ran out of me. These were the words you heard as a child when you were growing up. And look what kind of adult you you turned into.
Not really unexpected now, is it?

failure.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back