Saved by Jesus Alone

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013
Saved By Jesus Alone

("These verses clearly teach us that salvation is of the LORD-entirely of the Lord, totally of the Lord-completely apart from man."-Dr. Oliver B. Green)

"THEREFORE being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our LORD Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God."-Romans 5:1-2

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."- II Corinthians 5:21

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."-Galatians 2:20

"And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption."-Ephesians 4:30

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:-Colossians 1:27

"For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:"-Colossians 2:9,10

"For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God."-Colossians 3:3

"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."-Hebrews 9:22

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."-I John 1:7

Salvation Only Through Christ
We believe that, owing to universal death through sin, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless born again; and that no degree of reformation however great, no attainments in morality, however high, no culture however attractive, no baptism or other ordinance however administered, can help the sinner to take even one step toward heaven; but a new nature imparted from above, a new life implanted by the Holy Spirit through the Word, is absolutely essential to salvation, and only those thus saved are sons of God. We believe also that our redemption has been accomplished solely by the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, who was made to be sin and was made a curse for us, dying in our room and stead; and that no repentance, no feeling, no faith, no good resolutions, no sincere efforts, no submission to the rules and regulations of any church, nor all the churches that have existed since the days of the Apostles, can add in the very least degree to the value of the blood or to the merit of the finished work wrought for us by Him who united in His person true and proper deity with perfect and sinless humanity. (Leviticus 17:11; Isaiah 64:6; Matthew 26:28; John 3:7-18; Romans 5:6-9; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 3:13; 6:15; Ephesians 1:7; Philippians 3:4-9; Titus 3:5; James 1:18; 1 Peter 1:18-19, 23.)
-Doctrinal Statement from "Thru The Bible" with Dr. J. Vernon McGee

I John 1:7? It is interesting that none of these passages quote Jesus' own words. I find it odd that that "the wages of sin are death," as if the natural state of human beings is to live forever. Would this state not preclude aging and/or children? Unless we define ourselves as entirely spiritual beings, death is the natural consequence of our existence on Earth. I do not understand how our "immortal souls" would be affected by the shedding of physical blood. Is this the reason Hell was invented?

We were made in the image of God and it was never God's plan that we should die.

God told Adam that the day in which he ate the fruit he would die? Did he die right then and there? He didn't die right then and there because he died spiritually which is separation from God.

Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.

Sin causes separation from God and since we live forever, the way to deal with sin is to put them in hell.

Mark 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!"

I explained some on the topic of Eternal Punishment starting with page two (2) of the thread on Eternal Punishment:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/321789-is-there-a-place-of-eternal-punishment.html

Last edited:
Saved By Jesus Alone

("These verses clearly teach us that salvation is of the LORD-entirely of the Lord, totally of the Lord-completely apart from man."-Dr. Oliver B. Green)

"THEREFORE being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our LORD Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God."-Romans 5:1-2

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."- II Corinthians 5:21

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."-Galatians 2:20

"And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption."-Ephesians 4:30

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:-Colossians 1:27

"For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:"-Colossians 2:9,10

"For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God."-Colossians 3:3

"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."-Hebrews 9:22

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."-I John 1:7

Salvation Only Through Christ
We believe that, owing to universal death through sin, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless born again; and that no degree of reformation however great, no attainments in morality, however high, no culture however attractive, no baptism or other ordinance however administered, can help the sinner to take even one step toward heaven; but a new nature imparted from above, a new life implanted by the Holy Spirit through the Word, is absolutely essential to salvation, and only those thus saved are sons of God. We believe also that our redemption has been accomplished solely by the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, who was made to be sin and was made a curse for us, dying in our room and stead; and that no repentance, no feeling, no faith, no good resolutions, no sincere efforts, no submission to the rules and regulations of any church, nor all the churches that have existed since the days of the Apostles, can add in the very least degree to the value of the blood or to the merit of the finished work wrought for us by Him who united in His person true and proper deity with perfect and sinless humanity. (Leviticus 17:11; Isaiah 64:6; Matthew 26:28; John 3:7-18; Romans 5:6-9; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 3:13; 6:15; Ephesians 1:7; Philippians 3:4-9; Titus 3:5; James 1:18; 1 Peter 1:18-19, 23.)
-Doctrinal Statement from "Thru The Bible" with Dr. J. Vernon McGee

The Lord is NOT a man named Jesus. We saints understand this very well.

Forum List

Back