Saving the world again. Illegal to release balloons in the air.

I think we can all do without a few balloons in order to save the turtles/. Why is that a political issue ?
If it weren't political for you, you would have corrected issa who disagrees with you on littering but agrees with you on the political side of the issue and you would have thanked ray for agreeing with you that it is not a litter issue but disagrees with your politics on/in the matter...
...to further prove it is a political matter on your behalf the laws are not advocating doing with balloons, just inflating them with helium...and just to prove my point, can you say conclusively that you have never caused the death of "turtles" or other wildlife with the balloons you intentionally released even after being asked not to?

I think we can all do without a few balloons in order to save the turtles/. Why is that a political issue ?
If it weren't political for you, you would have corrected issa who disagrees with you on littering but agrees with you on the political side of the issue and you would have thanked ray for agreeing with you that it is not a litter issue but disagrees with your politics on/in the matter...
...to further prove it is a political matter on your behalf the laws are not advocating doing with balloons, just inflating them with helium...and just to prove my point, can you say conclusively that you have never caused the death of "turtles" or other wildlife with the balloons you intentionally released even after being asked not to?

Tommy is not from the US and just doesn't realize that everything with the Democrat party is political. Sure, they try to dress it up as if it's not. But if you look at the man behind the curtain, you see it's nothing but pure politics.

Tommy is not from the US and just doesn't realize that everything with the Democrat party is political. Sure, they try to dress it up as if it's not. But if you look at the man behind the curtain, you see it's nothing but pure politics.
Tommy's post is/are nothing but politics.

Is is really any different than any other anti-littering law?

if someone came up and dropped 50 popped balloons in your yard would you be happy about it?

That has to be the most ridiculous line of thought I've seen lately. The odds of even one balloon landing in anyone's yard is astronomical.

if someone came up and dropped 50 popped balloons in your yard would you be happy about it?

That has to be the most ridiculous line of thought I've seen lately. The odds of even one balloon landing in anyone's yard is astronomical.

It's bad enough when we have politicians doing things like this, but quite another when you have voters sticking up for them. It's not a wonder why politicians do the kinds of things they do.

Perhaps you should do the math.

Be my guest, in 68 years I haven't had one land in my yard, have you?

If someone is driving down the freeway and tosses a soda can out the window, the odds of it landing in anyone's yard are astronomical. But it's still littering.

If someone is driving down the freeway and tosses a soda can out the window, the odds of it landing in anyone's yard are astronomical. But it's still littering.

Cans don't float around in the air for miles.

Yet I find cans and cups quite often, not so much for balloons. Go figure.

Over here they send out low-risk inmates to clean all the garbage off the highway. I guess it gets them out for a while and benefits our highways at the same time. It's an optional program of course.

Over here they send out low-risk inmates to clean all the garbage off the highway. I guess it gets them out for a while and benefits our highways at the same time. It's an optional program of course.

Yep, saw a crew working a few days ago in orange and white striped clothes. They only work the main roads and don't come down my little road.

So pollution and littering is cool if it floats first?

You have a point. Maybe they don't want to end up like San Francisco.

5bbcb92f66fb3f1ccf451706-750-500.jpg

Is releasing balloons causing a big problem? As far as I can tell, relatively few balloons are released. Is this truly a problem? It may not be ideal, but is this really necessary? Is this really beneficial to the community?

Is releasing balloons causing a big problem? As far as I can tell, relatively few balloons are released. Is this truly a problem? It may not be ideal, but is this really necessary? Is this really beneficial to the community?

I guess it looks good for the vote. Gotta keep them Sierra Club people coming to the polls. The better question is how will they be able to measure the success? I guess that really doesn't matter in this case.

I don't see that balloons are causing that much litter. Like OKTexas, I don't see many busted balloons around; at least not here anyway.

Are all these other states having such a problem with balloons? I don't know. I don't live there. If any politician here would be wasting our time and tax dollars for balloons, I would vote them out next election.

I guess it looks good for the vote. Gotta keep them Sierra Club people coming to the polls. The better question is how will they be able to measure the success? I guess that really doesn't matter in this case.

Politicians are always looking for non-existent "problems" to fix which inevitably result in more regulations, fewer freedoms and more "criminals", aka, the relatively few people who release balloons when celebrating a life-event.

Politicians are always looking for non-existent "problems" to fix which inevitably result in more regulations, fewer freedoms and more "criminals", aka, the relatively few people who release balloons when celebrating a life-event.

With liberals one step always leads to the next. First they will increase the penalties for releasing balloons. Then they will prohibit certain stores from selling them. Next they will prohibit the purchase of helium without a government permit. Who knows with those people?

Something else I just thought of, how many people a day are releasing balloons? A lot of people drink beverages in which they throw the container out. Many people eat fast food on their way to wherever and throw the bag out. A lot of people still smoke. So if we're talking about litter, don't you think that because of the so few people that release balloons, that they should be the target to reduce litter on the roads and yards?

Forum List

Back