Saving the world again. Illegal to release balloons in the air.

Iceberg, if releasing massive numbers of balloons was already covered in littering laws, people would not be doing it. That is why adding it to existing laws would make sense. I can see why. I have never been to an event that released massive numbers of balloons, but apparently in more civilized areas, it's common. And since all the balloons eventually break and fall to earth as latex litter, I don't see why it should be any skin off anyone's nose to outlaw it. Do a bunch of these folks own balloon stores or what?
in research - it varies. some towns DO prohibit it already, no laws needed. permission is simply not given to do it. like needing a permit for a rally or something, maybe you need a permit to release thousands of balloons into the sky.

i would think littering is littering whether you're doing it to chunk something out of your car or releasing the balloons. id need to ask someone who actually makes the laws why just calling it littering and giving a warning until people understand to stop.
Releasing thousands of balloons gives you 30 seconds of enjoyment and then they become someone else’s problem

One of your balloons lands in my tree and I have to spend months looking at it dangling from a branch

Can I call those who released it to come and take it down!

Wait for a wind storm or hard rain. It will come down by itself.
After months of looking at the god damned thing

Balloon releases are useless

So do tell, how many times have you had this frightful experience?
Why the fuk should anyone be allowed to litter the landscape with deflated balloons?

so bury them after I shoot them if the only thing you care about is the smell.

Why should I do that kind of work? Getting to old to bury things like animals. But if somebody shoots a pack of wild dogs, why would I care? Beats them attacking a child playing in her front yard.

As in all things in life, there are no absolutes. There are times when it is ok to kill an animal or a human being. Killing either one for your own enjoyment makes you a psychopath.

Oh, there are times when it's okay? You mean you are the arbiter of when it's okay to kill God's creations and when it's not? Some power your have there Gator.

Someone that claims to follow God but then advocates the needless killing of His creation just for their own enjoyment should never call anyone a hypocrite

I said I believe in God. I don't really follow any religion and haven't most of my adult life.

You want to release balloons, you pick the damned things up

in research - it varies. some towns DO prohibit it already, no laws needed. permission is simply not given to do it. like needing a permit for a rally or something, maybe you need a permit to release thousands of balloons into the sky.

i would think littering is littering whether you're doing it to chunk something out of your car or releasing the balloons. id need to ask someone who actually makes the laws why just calling it littering and giving a warning until people understand to stop.
Releasing thousands of balloons gives you 30 seconds of enjoyment and then they become someone else’s problem

One of your balloons lands in my tree and I have to spend months looking at it dangling from a branch

Why the fuk should anyone be allowed to litter the landscape with deflated balloons?

When we have a problem of littered landscapes from balloons across the land, then we can do something. However since that's not the case, and this really has nothing to do with animals or litter (just excuses you leftists like to use) then I don't think it's a problem in dire need of legislation.

I'm expecting a heap of YouTube videos showing conservatives filling ballons up with diesel smoke and releasing them with a plastic straw tied to them.
It's just what they do.

Hey Bucko, nodody wants your damn balloons!

Keep to yourself if you don’t mind.

Thank you.

I'm expecting a heap of YouTube videos showing conservatives filling ballons up with diesel smoke and releasing them with a plastic straw tied to them.
It's just what they do.

Yes, it's what we do. You do realize it was George Bush that's responsible for us not being able to buy incandescent bulbs anymore, don't you? You do realize it was under Bush where lower sulfur diesel fuel was made into law, don't you? Yes, prior to that, diesel fuel was typically a dollar less per gallon than gasoline. Today it's a dollar more per gallon than gasoline ever since those regulations took place.

It's just what they do.

Yes, it's what we do. You do realize it was George Bush that's responsible for us not being able to buy incandescent bulbs anymore, don't you? You do realize it was under Bush where lower sulfur diesel fuel was made into law, don't you? Yes, prior to that, diesel fuel was typically a dollar less per gallon than gasoline. Today it's a dollar more per gallon than gasoline ever since those regulations took place.
Still...none of that's important as long as you can make liberals cry, eh?
"Release the balloons!!"

When we have a problem of littered landscapes from balloons across the land, then we can do something. However since that's not the case, and this really has nothing to do with animals or litter (just excuses you leftists like to use) then I don't think it's a problem in dire need of legislation.
We can hold people responsible for their litter right now

It's just what they do.

"Release the balloons!!"

Screaming .jpeg

Well there you have it. Problem solved.

It's just what they do.

"Release the balloons!!"

View attachment 258929

Well there you have it. Problem solved.
Yup

It's just what they do.

there's about a 0.10¢ difference at the gas station around the corner from me. but yes the gas prices fluctuate a lot more than diesel and can get that high depending on overall conditions.

It's just what they do.

there's about a 0.10¢ difference at the gas station around the corner from me. but yes the gas prices fluctuate a lot more than diesel and can get that high depending on overall conditions.

Given I use diesel all the time, I've noted what prices are. After the initial increase, trucking companies closed down. Owner-operators got out of the business. They just couldn't make any money.

That's only part of the problem of course. Several years ago when my employer went price searching for new tractors, he was floored by the prices. Every salesmen told him the same thing. Trucks are so expensive because of all the pollution crap they have to put into those things by law.

So we have to raise our prices for transportation, our customers who manufacture the products we buy today have to increase theirs, and it's eventually the American consumer who foots the bill for all this nonsense. Yet like with all other pollution measures, we don't know it. The costs are intrinsic in the price of the product itself.

Truck manufacturers also combated all those additional pollution costs by buying cheaper products for the truck. The seats in these things are like bricks; really not good for the back. The Panasonic radios they put in trucks are good for nothing. Even items like engine brakes and cruise control are substandard.

But HEY! Isn't it worth it? See how happy our environmentalists are now; not complaining about anything else because our air is so much better thanks to these measures?

It's just what they do.

Given I use diesel all the time, I've noted what prices are. After the initial increase, trucking companies closed down. Owner-operators got out of the business. They just couldn't make any money.

That's only part of the problem of course. Several years ago when my employer went price searching for new tractors, he was floored by the prices. Every salesmen told him the same thing. Trucks are so expensive because of all the pollution crap they have to put into those things by law.

So we have to raise our prices for transportation, our customers who manufacture the products we buy today have to increase theirs, and it's eventually the American consumer who foots the bill for all this nonsense. Yet like with all other pollution measures, we don't know it. The costs are intrinsic in the price of the product itself.

Truck manufacturers also combated all those additional pollution costs by buying cheaper products for the truck. The seats in these things are like bricks; really not good for the back. The Panasonic radios they put in trucks are good for nothing. Even items like engine brakes and cruise control are substandard.

But HEY! Isn't it worth it? See how happy our environmentalists are now; not complaining about anything else because our air is so much better thanks to these measures?
Trucks dump a lot of shit into the air

Don’t like not being able to polute unrestrained?
Tough

Forum List

Back